What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jack Wighton - Nightclub Fight (Still gets paid)

SBD82

Coach
So this Allan Hawke muppet, (I won't refer to him as Doctor as he did a PHD in philosophy lol and was a career public servant, not some medical practitioner) thinks a punishment of 2 weeks per person that Jack Wighton assaulted is excessive. Imagine if it were members of his family assaulted, would he feel the same way?

The funniest thing thought that was said by this peanut was the justification for why the penalty was excessive was that Wighton was still to face punishment by the ACT magistrate and court system. Well idiot, there is a reason for that and that is he committed and pleaded guilty to 5 counts of assault (and it was 5 separate people that he assaulted unprovoked). This is a serious offense and should be punished. Don't use that as an argument for a lesser penalty imposed by the NRL. The more serious the offense, the more serious the punishment.
When his solicitor is making representations at his sentencing, he can make a pretty solid case that his client has already been punished in other ways, and may gain a reduction in sentencing.

Generalzod

Immortal
No shit but what has that got to do with Jack assaulting random strangers? Unless your ex-colleagues were NRL players that has zero relevance to this as well.
Mate I'm just talking about where I used to worked people where not suspended or even sacked from their jobs for committing crimes.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Seriously nick the NRL ain't the law, Why couldn't we just wait and see what the courts where going to dish up, How many times people where I used to work where charged with drink driving and still kept their jobs so why should the NRL be any different.

Cos Jackys lawyers can now go up to the court and show them the punishment he is getting from his employer abd ask for leniency

OzDragon

Coach
At least with Wighton out, the average raiders IQ level will get a considerable boost in the meantime.

SDM

First Grade
Norman got basically the same for possession of a couple of pills and quenching his thirst. I know which out of the two is a greater danger to society. Wighton got off lightly. If one of the victims fell awkwardly he may have got 5 years inside.

Reactions: Vee

Perth Red

Post Whore
Soft by theNRL. Given the problem this country has with violence its about time the NRL got serious about setting an example for the community if it really wants to be seen as an organisation lighting the way for a better Australia.
Get in a 1:1 fight in a pub, sht happens. Get wasted and attack random strangers, wtf?
Plenty of careers that would have been ended by this crime, he's lucky he works for tolerant employers.

Reactions: Vee

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Should be shown the door and deregistered for two years and made to prove he deserves to play at the elite level again.

It's geese like this that give fodder to the hacks at news limited.

Not to mention he could have killed somebody.

skeepe

Immortal
Is he still getting paid for the 10 weeks? If so, its no punishment at all.
The 30K fine probably takes care of that.

You can’t just suspend someone’s pay. He’s still an employee at the end of the day.

taipan

Referee
Seen the video have you?

The NRL apparently has.
Haven't there been enough issues with fights in public, where on the odd occasions someone actually gets killed either by a king hit or some unfortunate hitting his head on the ground.
Sorry I have had a gut full ,when these guys get tutored in how to behave in public time and time again.
Carney got the flick ,for doing something just plain stupid on camera.
This guy committed an admitted crime.

Does it ever sink in with these clowns?

Pete Cash

Post Whore
So this Allan Hawke muppet, (I won't refer to him as Doctor as he did a PHD in philosophy lol and was a career public servant, not some medical practitioner)

Is this post a joke

Phd stands for doctorate of philosophy. It doesn't mean he studied philosophy lmao. It appears he studied science specifically biology. His thesis was on locusts

EDIT

The thesis library doesnt want to copy so here is a direct link

https://openresearch-repository.anu.edu.au/handle/1885/142606

That said Jack Wighton got off lightly

Vee

First Grade
Ah their NRL have descended from their heavenly thrones to drop a random super-punishment again.

Wighton joins such fine company as Pearce and Stewart to be f**ked by the long God-Dick of the NRL.

I look forward to the Integrity Unit's next appearance on Earth in 2021
F*U. We left it to the clubs and that didn't work, what are the NRL supposed to do?

The rest of the season at least was always the right decision. F*k Jack.

Vee

First Grade
Seriously nick the NRL ain't the law, Why couldn't we just wait and see what the courts where going to dish up, How many times people where I used to work where charged with drink driving and still kept their jobs so why should the NRL be any different.
Because we run a billion dollar game and we need to protect that image. If you don't want to. thats fine, go hold a Stop/Go sign for the council.