What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jacksonville Axemen get to train at NFL Facility

spinnerhowland

Juniors
The Jacksonville Jaguars have offered their turf training field with full lights to the Friday Night Portion of the pre season training camp.
The Jaguars had no problem supporting the Axemen in using this field when asked if would be possible.

To show them that Rugby League around the world stands to benefit from this gesture the Axemen are asking all forum members to log onto this link

http://www.jaguars.com/Tickets/ContactForm.aspx

and filling out the form under '"other" to say thanks for your support.

Enough if these will make a difference.

Of course you can always check out this and all the latest Axemen news at www.jaxaxe.com

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Done and sent.

Well done, you and your team seem to be dragging the AMNRL forward at an extraordinary rate.

Keep it up.

And a big thank you too the Jacksonville Jaguars on being good sports :D

brendothejet

First Grade
done and done.

Congrats again mate on the brilliant work you are doing..

you aren't looking for a hooker/centre with 6 years of Sydney A grade experience are you??? :D

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
brendothejet said:
done and done.

Congrats again mate on the brilliant work you are doing..

you aren't looking for a hooker/centre with 6 years of Sydney A grade experience are you??? :D

Man if I was young and able bodied enough still, I'd give it a shot.

Sam_the_man

First Grade
Done and sent.

I'm going to post this message on the NZWarriors board to drum up support.

Well done Spinner.

spinnerhowland

Juniors
Thanks to all who are supporting us.
As far as players go. I only have 1 imported player for this season so I ahve room for 4 more BUT we can't pay anyone yet. We can help with accom and we do pay for ALL team travel etc, etc.
It would have to be more of a "holiday" stay at the moment.

If anyone is interested e-mail at spinner@jaxaxe.com

More big news to come next week. Fingers Crossed!

Poul

Juniors
Another coup for the Axemen, who appear to be leading the way forward forthe AMNRL.

Is the epicentre of American Rugby League shifting from Philly to Jax?

Kurt Angle

First Grade
Firstly congratulations. I can only imagine the contacts you would have acquired in setting up something like this. In 10 years when you're the AmNRL is on TV, you might contract yourself to the central body and be the AmNRL business consultant :)

A side note, and I know you must already be a busy man.

I mentioned this to Ian (Yanto) with his efforts in Holland, though he does seem a bit disheartened at the moment, have you considered documenting all your efforts in setting up the axemen ?

You appear to have a working model. To have this as a documented blueprint for other guys to "walk" into a city and have A-B-C mapped out in front of them could help.

You've obviously been a pioneer here, and can't also filter out the efforts that didn't work.

spinnerhowland said:
Thanks to all who are supporting us.
As far as players go. I only have 1 imported player for this season so I ahve room for 4 more BUT we can't pay anyone yet. We can help with accom and we do pay for ALL team travel etc, etc.
It would have to be more of a "holiday" stay at the moment.

If anyone is interested e-mail at spinner@jaxaxe.com

More big news to come next week. Fingers Crossed!

This won't be for me, but amongst your sponsors have you made any looking for good employees ?

Aussies have a real easy time getting visas to the USA now. Put up a list of potential job opportunities/links/networks would be a real good way of attracting Aussie RL talent.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Talk about some jealous wankers in the world.

This from planet union.

Non-story. They negotiated some sort of deal to use the Jaguars' turf practice field. Similar stuff happens in rugby union, it's just that press releases aren't issued about it. League needs to create any good news it can.

As an aside, the entire Jacksonville team are rugby union castoffs. It took them over ten years to finally get 13 guys together for a team.

Nice to see you working for over 10 years spinner to get this up and running. :roll:

What a bunch of softcocks.

joshreading

Staff member
Spinner have you ever thought of seeing if you could play a nine aside game at half time in an NFL preseason game. I heard that the Major League Rugby (gone now) did this with one of the NFL teams.

It would be great exposure.

yankeerugger

Juniors
the Union club from Scottsdale (I think it was) did this several times with the Arizona Cardinals. Apparently it went over GREAT each time they did it...

Keep up the great work spinner.