What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jacob Host

rednwhites

Juniors
He is my pick to rise to the occasion and really make 2019 his own. He just may be a main player to take us as club out of this gloom we are currently experiencing. That single burst of energy against the Bunnies reminded us how impactful he can be, and with his injury now behind him and a spot opening up, what can stop him.

Host has been on the scene for a while and I feel the timing is right for him to take the next step and cement a starting spot. I realise there's Luciano, Lawrie and Korbin Sims who also show promise to fill the void in the second row, but something tells me Jacob Host will be a household name by the end of season.

possm

Coach
He is my pick to rise to the occasion and really make 2019 his own. He just may be a main player to take us as club out of this gloom we are currently experiencing. That single burst of energy against the Bunnies reminded us how impactful he can be, and with his injury now behind him and a spot opening up, what can stop him.

Host has been on the scene for a while and I feel the timing is right for him to take the next step and cement a starting spot. I realise there's Luciano, Lawrie and Korbin Sims who also show promise to fill the void in the second row, but something tells me Jacob Host will be a household name by the end of season.

Do you feel that Host potentially has the aggression displayed by the Sims brothers, Frizell and Timm? We need forward with aggression if we are going to go down Mary's 'power game' rout again.

rednwhites

Juniors
Do you feel that Host potentially has the aggression displayed by the Sims brothers, Frizell and Timm? We need forward with aggression if we are going to go down Mary's 'power game' rout again.

We need some alternatives to the power game as well. The power game is great if you want to forever be April premiers and fade out. Host doesn't have the same aggression as the Sims boys and he won't be snapping anyone in half like JDB, but we will need to find extra dimensions to go to the next levels. I am am confident players like Norman and Host can offer this year in different areas. The under-the-radar back rower has mobility and can hit the line with explosiveness if given the room to move against tiring defensive lines.

I too like Old Timer am more worried how our halves/hooker service him on the right than some of these young blokes' potential. This of course comes back to one man in the coach and his management. I mean Robson sat on the bench for 99% of a game and Lomax on the wing... blatantly deplorable coaching.

possm

Coach
We need some alternatives to the power game as well. The power game is great if you want to forever be April premiers and fade out. Host doesn't have the same aggression as the Sims boys and he won't be snapping anyone in half like JDB, but we will need to find extra dimensions to go to the next levels. I am am confident players like Norman and Host can offer this year in different areas. The under-the-radar back rower has mobility and can hit the line with explosiveness if given the room to move against tiring defensive lines.

I too like Old Timer am more worried how our halves/hooker service him on the right than some of these young blokes' potential. This of course comes back to one man in the coach and his management. I mean Robson sat on the bench for 99% of a game and Lomax on the wing... blatantly deplorable coaching.

I agree with you however, the key ingredient relies on Mary's coaching ability. Given that he has been with us for 5 years and ha not really changed his coaching style, bench management style or selection thinking for the past few years, I doubt that Host will get a fair shake.

Warabrook saint

Juniors

Blatantly deplorable coaching.....because our coach is a blubbering imbecile....and there's nothing our feeble management want to do about it

denis preston

First Grade
Great positive posts from all !!! ( except the Mary bit , but i understand ) Said at the beginning of the year that pivotable seasons for all the young vying for consistent NRL time and Host is sure in this category.
I do agree that when he came into the under 20's one of his strengths was running lines so our halves have to realize that just because he is not Frizzell or Simms you still got to give him the opportunities.Did a couple of things last week against a full strength NRL side that suggested that his body is developing into full maturity so that also will help. Also he is not brain dead or in fairyland like some players.

possm

Coach
UNFORTUNATELY, Mr Host will not display what is needed.
I have a horrible feeling you may be right. I feel sure once K Sims comes back for rouond 3, our forwards will look like this:

Run-on
Vaughan
McInnes
Kerr
T Sims
Frizell
K Sims or De Belin

Bench
Robson
Graham
Timm or K Sims
Leilua