What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jamal Idris *test spoiler*

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Locky to FB?!

Yeah - have two players out of position instead of one.

So when Slater stuffs up at centre and the line is broken, Locky can stuff up at fullback too. Make perfect sense :)

I mean its not like Creagh could just cover centre - he's more comfortable further out ;) or Cronk...

Idris is actually a centre who cover second row - so him on the bench aint such a dumb idea. Had Inglis not been injured, I imagine Sheens would have used Idris as a second rower.

skaines

Juniors
Locky to FB?!

took out of context.

I wouldnt of picked a team to cover injuries, it leaves the motor room very tight with interchanges.

if the team didnt have idris on the bench, which would of been the better option without heinseight, If Inglis got injured (which he did), to cover Inglis i would of put cronk on at 5/8 and locky to FB and slater to wing.

skaines

Juniors
Yeah - have two players out of position instead of one.

So when Slater stuffs up at centre and the line is broken, Locky can stuff up at fullback too. Make perfect sense :)

I mean its not like Creagh could just cover centre - he's more comfortable further out ;) or Cronk...

Idris is actually a centre who cover second row - so him on the bench aint such a dumb idea. Had Inglis not been injured, I imagine Sheens would have used Idris as a second rower.

Slater to wing, where he has played more than Idris has in the front row.

keep in mind, that would only be in case of injury, Australia got lucky tonight, If kiwis not lost so much ball I think they would of toppled aus again.

Idris only got a spot on the wing cause of hype.

Last edited:

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Slater to wing, where he has played more than Idris has in the front row.
Who said anything about Idris playing front row... I said second row. Might surprise you to learn that Slater has only started one game on the wing for the Storm - his first game in 2003. And 5 games at centre. Also in.... 2003. In 2004 - Billy started 3 games at wing in Origin. SO WHAT HECK ARE YOU ON ABOUT? Jamal started games at second row LAST YEAR 8 times. Billy was selected 4 times on the wing and not since 2004? So you are talking GIBBERISH!

keep in mind, that would only be in case of injury
Slater covering centre is ridiculously stupid. Creagh or Cronk would be far superior options. But because Idris is a centre who can play forwards - he's actually not a dumb bench player to have.

Idris only got a spot on the wing cause of hype.
He didn't get a spot on the wing - he started from the bench. And then played centre. Are you on crack?

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I think you should avoid breaking up the spine as much as possible. Only if one of them are injured should they be replaced. Never moved out of position to cover another.

Meth

Staff member
Funny how no one is criticing Indris's selection, though... A centre did go down.... (not surprising with Hoges and Inglis there) and he played alright...

Looking forward to Indris in origin, tbh.

Australia, without Idris, were more unprepared for an injury to a centre than any other position. In saying that, there were a lot of players who could have occupied Idris' spot who would have been better cover and would have also been of more use had Inglis not been injured. Beau Scott for example.

Meth

Staff member
I think it deserved 10 mins perhaps, but not a send off.

And, legally, there is no provision to send him to the bin for 10.

Seems a bit silly

Doga

Juniors
Should get 2 weeks. Was just like Matt Coopers in 09. Not sure what cooper got back then..

Mr Fourex

Bench
Who said anything about Idris playing front row... I said second row. Might surprise you to learn that Slater has only started one game on the wing for the Storm - his first game in 2003. And 5 games at centre. Also in.... 2003. In 2004 - Billy started 3 games at wing in Origin. SO WHAT HECK ARE YOU ON ABOUT? Jamal started games at second row LAST YEAR 8 times. Billy was selected 4 times on the wing and not since 2004? So you are talking GIBBERISH!

Slater covering centre is ridiculously stupid. Creagh or Cronk would be far superior options. But because Idris is a centre who can play forwards - he's actually not a dumb bench player to have.

He didn't get a spot on the wing - he started from the bench. And then played centre. Are you on crack?

Amongst other substances .....I think. :lol:

Lockyer to fb :roll:

With the advantage of hindsight and thinking about it a bit more......Sheens having Indris on the bench is looking like one of his better calls in the last couple of years.

It's a great bonus having a large man like that who can play either in his natural position or just as easily slot into the 2nd row.

MatthewA

Juniors
Should get 2 weeks. Was just like Matt Coopers in 09. Not sure what cooper got back then..
Pretty sure he got nothing, which is why Idris should also escape without a ban. But it's the NRL judiciary, so that probably won't happen.

Joker's Wild

Coach
I was not worthy of a send off or 10min imo

He was chasing through and made a poor decision not to jump for the ball and just barreled into Flos legs like an unco.

It was a bit careless but I dont think his intention was what resulted.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Nightingale has been ruled out of tomorrow's game at Kogarah. Concussion.

So Nightingale misses a game.

adamkungl

Immortal
Wasn't send off worthy, and those suggesting sin bin don't know the rules (mind you I don't think the refs do either).

1-2 weeks though

Big Pete

Referee
I've seen worse let go, the difference was it was the attacking player receiving the ball - some of those were just ugly.

Penalty sufficient, Nightingale hopefully receives a lot of TLC.

Idris off the bench turned out to be a smart move for the exact same reasons a few posters outlined. Still didn't like having Cronk off the bench but considering our backrow was able to play the full 80 it wasn't THE worst move either.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Well it looked intentional to me. Clearly an attempt to take a player out. He succeeded and Nightingale is sidelined.

If Idris gets off, no worries from me. As long as it works boths ways and there's no suspension when Idris cops a return.

Doga

Juniors
Well it looked intentional to me. Clearly an attempt to take a player out. He succeeded and Nightingale is sidelined.

If Idris gets off, no worries from me. As long as it works boths ways and there's no suspension when Idris cops a return.

It did work in return. Cooper did the same, deliberately to Idris. :roll:

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
It's a tough one, and there should be some weeks attached to it I think

Nightingale was a bee's dick away from a broken neck, is hard to put penalty sufficient next to an incident like that