What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jamal Idris *test spoiler*

Big Pete

Referee
Pretty sure Beau Scott did it to Slater last year in Origin 3 as well. Difference was Slater didn't land so awkwardly.

ironhorse

Juniors
There are some idiots in this thread .Was unintentional Just watched it again on the news , penalty sufficient.

skaines

Juniors
I've seen worse let go, the difference was it was the attacking player receiving the ball - some of those were just ugly.

Penalty sufficient, Nightingale hopefully receives a lot of TLC.

Idris off the bench turned out to be a smart move for the exact same reasons a few posters outlined. Still didn't like having Cronk off the bench but considering our backrow was able to play the full 80 it wasn't THE worst move either.

They got lucky, the Kiwi's gave away a lot of ball, if they ran aus Forwards around and tired, they would of been in trouble.

I'm not against having Idris on the bench, Having him + Cronk on the bench is stupid, they got lucky last night with him on the bench and the NZ team giving away lot of ball.

2 utilities on bench is not a good ploy, Might work in some games where your oposition faulters, but when its a tough drawn out match (such as origin) this will fail.

Sheens got lucky.

There was no need for Idris to make contact and he had sufficient time to sum up that he was never going to get to the ball before Nightingale.

Doga

Juniors
Always the entertainer.

Did he play the next game?

Yes he did.

a) Idris' next game was not on the same weekend

b) You don't judge a tackle on the severity of the injury.

Still crying about Bulldog Johnny, Willow?

RHCP

Bench
10 minutes in the bin should've been the minimum punishment.

Never had eyes for the balls and just went full pelt right into Nightingales legs at the peak of his leap.

Jason is lucky he got off with a concussion, the way that he landed the injury could've been much more severe.

Idris getting off with a slap on the wrist would be setting a dangerous precedent.

he is a slow fat piece of shit, scores a try against the run of play now all of a sudden his piss poor defence, vision and speed is overlooked and will be selected for future rep games.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Yes he did.

a) Idris' next game was not on the same weekend

b) You don't judge a tackle on the severity of the injury.

Still crying about Bulldog Johnny, Willow?

Who's Bulldogs Johnny?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Still not making any sense. How long ago are you talking about?

And I guess that answers your question. lol

juro

Bench
Idris may have potential and may grow to be brilliant, but I don't see why there is all the fuss about him already. He may be big but he doesn't seem to have much of a clue what he is doing. He regularly is found out and made to look the fool in defense. The tackle on Nightingale is yet another example of him looking uncoordinated.

Perce

Juniors
Idris may have potential and may grow to be brilliant,

AGREED

but I don't see why there is all the fuss about him already.

BECAUSE HE IS EXCITING

He may be big but he doesn't seem to have much of a clue what he is doing.

AGREED
He regularly is found out and made to look the fool in defense. The tackle on Nightingale is yet another example of him looking uncoordinated.
AGREED

Jamal is very much a work in progress, but he is fantastic to watch and good for our sport. Don't know why the knockers have to try to put him down all the time.

Latest posts