What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jamal Idris - The greatest player of ALL TIME

Slackboy72

Coach
Nice bump ;-)

Thank god they dumped lolIdris and put a forward on the bench!

Don't tell me that people are starting to see through Gould's one-sided hype. Tahu wins out :lol:

The real question is how the hell did they get sucked in by Gould's BS in the first place? :crazy:

MacDougall

First Grade
You're all way too harsh. Idris has the best attacking stats of any centre in the game this year. Sure he may not be able to defend but he is a hell of a player. He's only 19, as long as he listens to someone long enough to let them teach him to read a play in defense he will be in the NSW team every year.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
You're all way too harsh. Idris has the best attacking stats of any centre in the game this year. Sure he may not be able to defend but he is a hell of a player. He's only 19, as long as he listens to someone long enough to let them teach him to read a play in defense he will be in the NSW team every year.

Trys
1. Champion (14)
2. Israel Folau (13)
3. Matt Cooper (9)
17. Jamal Idris (5)

Try Assists
1. Matai (5)
=18 (with about 20 other blokes) Idris (1)

Line Breaks
1. Joel Thompson (12)
12. Idris (6)

Line Break Assists
1. Beau Champion (6)
12. Idris (3)

Average Meters
1. Shaun Kenny-Dowall (124.9)
3. Idris (108.1)

Errors
1. Tahu (18)
2. Idris (16)

I'm sorry but what are these stats that he's leading that you speak of? He comes close to leading errors I guess :lol:

Idris is overrated, lazy garbage. He may look impressive from time to time, but he is far from a quality center at this stage in his career. He's made a living off a gimmick so far, he has the potential to be a good center, but he's a long way away from it. At the same age he's probably getting more praise and hype than Inglis or Folau, he's not even in the same ballpark as those 2.

Last edited:

Big Mick

Referee
Trys
1. Champion (14)
2. Israel Folau (13)
3. Matt Cooper (9)
17. Jamal Idris (5)

Try Assists
1. Matai (5)

Line Breaks
1. Joel Thompson (12)
12. Idris (6)

Line Break Assists
1. Beau Champion (6)
12. Idris (3)

Average Meters
3. Idris (108.1)

Errors
1. Tahu (18)
2. Idris (16)

I'm sorry but what are these stats that he's leading that you speak of? He comes close to leading errors I guess :lol:

Idris is overrated, lazy garbage. He may look impressive from time to time, but he is far from a quality center at this stage in his career. He's made a living off a gimmick so far, he has the potential to be a good center, but he's a long way away from it. At the same age he's probably getting more praise and hype than Inglis or Folau, he's not even in the same ballpark as those 2.

LOL

Awesome stuff.

I feel sorry for the kid but.

Its not his fault that people are hyping him up like a baby jesus.

Problem is now, like NSW selectors do all the time, the kids confidence is shattered.

He was never ready for that level of competition, he didn't have the fitness required for an outside back in origin, he doesn't have the mental application for that position at club level even, so he has a lot to learn.

FastEddie

Juniors
He's barely first grade standard the f**king spastic
Yet when some f**kwit in the media decides to big someone up history is rewritten
Look at ennis ... does f**k all yet is supposedly `tough' and made for origin
Here's a novel thought for NSW ... instead of trying to stop Qld playing, why don't NSW have a f**king go themselves and give Qld something to think about instead of the same old, regurgitated, not up to it, dullard, f**king spastics they have picked for 5 yrs ??

Sleep

Juniors
:lol:

Open a window and breathe Fast Eddie!

Best attacking centre? Oh lawdy! That's signature worthy.

MacDougall

First Grade
Trys
1. Champion (14)
2. Israel Folau (13)
3. Matt Cooper (9)
17. Jamal Idris (5)

Try Assists
1. Matai (5)

Line Breaks
1. Joel Thompson (12)
12. Idris (6)

Line Break Assists
1. Beau Champion (6)
12. Idris (3)

Average Meters
3. Idris (108.1)

Errors
1. Tahu (18)
2. Idris (16)

So he is third of average metres gained, behind a kiwi and a Queenslander. He leads the NRL in tackle breaks for a centre and is fourth overall behind three fullbacks. He has the seventh most line breaks of all NSW centres (not that great but still higher than Tate, Tahu and Jennings). He has the second most offloads of all NSW centres, second to Beau Scott.

It was nice of you to overlook the stats that reflect positively on him.

Last edited:

The Gambler

Juniors
Well personally I don't care for tackle breaks if they don't result in tries, try assists, line breaks or line break assists. Same goes for the offloads.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
So he is third of average metres gained, behind a kiwi and a Queenslander. He leads the NRL in tackle breaks for a centre and is fourth overall behind three fullbacks. He has the seventh most line breaks of all NSW centres (not that great but still higher than Tate, Tahu and Jennings). He has the second most offloads of all NSW centres, second to Beau Scott.

It doesn't matter what stats I didn't list, are you trying to argue they're not "key" attacking stats?

MacDougall said:
He has the best attacking stats of any center this year

Do you care to retract your comments? I would have thought things like linebreaks, linebreak assists, try's, and try assists are far more important for a "center" to the stats you mentioned, when you're talking about having the "best attacking stats". People are up in arms about Scott being picked at center yet you're using him as a comparison for a good attacking center lol.

You came out with a ridiculous comment and were called out on it. Don't try and justify it.

God-King Dean

Immortal
David Williams performance was worse than Turner's. It's not Turner fault he's not as tall as Inglis' right arm. Wolfman was just geniused.

Big Mick

Referee

Doubles all other centres in the game for number of tries butchered in the opposition 20m are.

People can make stat's look anyway they want.

Fact is he is overhyped for what he has achieved thus far in his career.

If he didn't look like predator, noone would care.

Doug2234

First Grade
Unfortunantly what isnt shown in his "Missed Tackles" is if he doesnt put a finger on the bloke its not considered missed.

So f**king the read and being standed in no mans land when defending doesnt count.... shame really.

People can make stats for anything these days... 53% of people know that..

God-King Dean

Immortal
Stats only really apply to forwards.

Try assists for centre are useless. All they have to do is pass it to the winger 2-on-1 & it's considered a try assist/linebreak assist.

simostorm

Bench
Not sure why theres so much hate for Idris.. he's goin along alright..
and since his Origin experience he looks alittle more solid in his game.