What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jamal

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Then they are wrong. Best case scenario from the Titans conditioning staff was "FITT -er" by mid season, providing he doesnt pick up any injuries. The level of conditioning work would see him lose around 1-2kg per week. So that is 10 15 weeks solid conditioning & dieting, which is something Idris has never done.
He told the Titans he was prepared to play the season in Q-cup as he knows he cant get back in shape for 2014.

1-2 Kgs a week??? That's what you can expect to lose on weight watchers!!! Hahaha if that's honestly what the Titans staff said, they need to look into getting some new staff!!

Only time will tell, if he adjusts his attitude and trains hard, he will play, if not, he'll take Brad Tighes spot in the Reggie's. The ball is in his court.

carcharias

Immortal
1-2 Kgs a week??? That's what you can expect to lose on weight watchers!!! Hahaha if that's honestly what the Titans staff said, they need to look into getting some new staff!!

Only time will tell, if he adjusts his attitude and trains hard, he will play, if not, he'll take Brad Tighes spot in the Reggie's. The ball is in his court.

Um
People "most people" on weight watchers are not doing
hours of hard core weight sessions plus training and eating 5 meals a day either .

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Um
People "most people" on weight watchers are not doing
hours of hard core weight sessions plus training and eating 5 meals a day either .

Correct. Are you suggesting that they will put Jamal on some sort of bulking program? Or do you think they may run his arse off? Hmmmmm... I wonder.....

shaggs

Coach
Correct. Are you suggesting that they will put Jamal on some sort of bulking program? Or do you think they may run his arse off? Hmmmmm... I wonder.....

Any weight loss that is faster than that will be stripping off his hard earned muscle.

The guy is obviously an ill-disciplined fatty. Always has been, always will be.

At 24 kilos overweight he would be looking at total mass of around 135, assuming a playing weight of 110. So let's say body fat is 25-30%.

He could safely lose 0.5-1% fat a week without stripping too much muscle. To get to a fit fat of 12% it's gonna take at least 20 weeks. Probably more because with his history of fragile lower limbs he can't pound the pavement. And run laps.

Play first 6 rounds for Windsor I reckon.

Quigs

Immortal
Ummmm Ive lost 3.5kg since the 1st Jan. Watch out, I am getting down to my fightin' weight.

Probably get a back spasm though.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Any weight loss that is faster than that will be stripping off his hard earned muscle.

The guy is obviously an ill-disciplined fatty. Always has been, always will be.

At 24 kilos overweight he would be looking at total mass of around 135, assuming a playing weight of 110. So let's say body fat is 25-30%.

He could safely lose 0.5-1% fat a week without stripping too much muscle. To get to a fit fat of 12% it's gonna take at least 20 weeks. Probably more because with his history of fragile lower limbs he can't pound the pavement. And run laps.

Play first 6 rounds for Windsor I reckon.

It will be up to Jamal to change his ways.... It wasn't that long ago a lot of people were saying that Todd carney was a serial pest and would never change.....

Spud

Juniors
Idris wont be anywhere near first grade in the first half of the year. He wont be at Panthers training for 2 weeks. He rockd up to trainign after christmas 24 kg over weight. 7 kg went on over the christmas break.
Titans could not wait to fhark him off. Coaches decision was that with the extra weight, will come the never ending injuries to his ankles. Titans have saved themselves 500k per year & got a real decent player in Tighe to add to their back line. Tighe has trained 3 times already.
In other news, our CEO is on the Coast enjoying the magic millions weekend, with just about every other NRL type mad punter. Brohman, Daley etc etc.

Ah wondering why Laurie was having a time at broady. Now it makes sense

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Then they are wrong. Best case scenario froExcelle Titans conditioning staff was "FITT -er" by mid season, providing he doesnt pick up any injuries. The level of conditioning work would see him lose around 1-2kg per week. So that is 10 15 weeks solid conditioning & dieting, which is something Idris has never done.
He told the Titans he was prepared to play the season in Q-cup as he knows he cant get back in shape for 2014.

Jamal showed up this morning for his first training session, two weeks early. Excellent commitment.

shaggs

Coach
Jamal showed up this morning for his first training session, two weeks early. Excellent commitment.

Excellent commitment???
f**k me the bloke gets hundreds of thousands of dollars to train and play. The least he could do is turn up to training.

He is fat and soft. Whare and tighe go better.

Shire Panther

Juniors
Idris wont be anywhere near first grade in the first half of the year. He wont be at Panthers training for 2 weeks. He rockd up to trainign after christmas 24 kg over weight. 7 kg went on over the christmas break.
Titans could not wait to fhark him off. Coaches decision was that with the extra weight, will come the never ending injuries to his ankles. Titans have saved themselves 500k per year & got a real decent player in Tighe to add to their back line. Tighe has trained 3 times already.
24kgs over weight? Looked in reasonable shape when he arrived at training this morning. If he lost 24kgs he would look like Bob Marley.

Attachments

• Bd0IiY1CcAAirpd.jpg
    Bd0IiY1CcAAirpd.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 43

mxlegend99

Referee
I was willing to believe he had let himself go and it would be a bit of work getting him back in shape. But that photo certainly suggests he is nowhere near 24kg overweight. Looks in great shape to be honest.