What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Graham.

Gareth67

First Grade
Last edited:

hazzbeen

Bench
I still reckon he's too old, like I said about Nighty before this season and got shot down. Don't think we'll get much from him tbh.
Mate I agree about Nighty , to slow for a winger OK close to the line . but Graham being a forward doesn't need a lot of speed and can be interchanged when need . Just my opinion , and respect yours ...

redVbull

Juniors
Graham's signing (if true) is opportunistic and irrational and hard to justify IMO.

Dragons problems aren't in the forwards... we have the forward depth next year to cover Packers departure. Our forwards are the best performing of any NRL team especially in attack.

We're far better to focus cap $ recruiting quality backline talent that can step up to the potential Hunt/ Widdop combo can deliver, and running off our mobile forward pack ... Lafai doesn't cut it and other options like Aitken or Mann aren't yet in that class.

SaintElroy

Juniors
I still reckon he's too old, like I said about Nighty before this season and got shot down. Don't think we'll get much from him tbh.

For two years I don't mind it at all. Reckon a new place will freshen him up. Will be a great leader for us on the field, something we have been lacking, not afraid to do the hard yards and plenty of mongrel we have missed since costigan and smith. Will be valuable to the young props coming through. An upgrade on packer all things going well.

Como Connection

First Grade
A
For two years I don't mind it at all. Reckon a new place will freshen him up. Will be a great leader for us on the field, something we have been lacking, not afraid to do the hard yards and plenty of mongrel we have missed since costigan and smith. Will be valuable to the young props coming through. An upgrade on packer all things going well.
You forgot Beau Scott.
Good man he was.
CC

I still have concerns about the depth in the forwards.

De Belin, Friz and Thompson are a good starting backrow but I think lack a little in second phase play hopefully with Hunt he can get them running lines that will create space.

Vaughan is a great starting prop with Ah Mau as a good honest partner who doesn't make alot of errors and runs the ball well.

McInnes if he starts running a little more he certainly will help Hunt and Widdop with a bit more freedom.

Outside of that Sims is a good player for the bench and you have promising players in Host, Sele, Leilua, Lawrie and Kerr but all lack experience so signing an experienced prop and at least another backrower is important.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Graham's signing (if true) is opportunistic and irrational and hard to justify IMO.

Dragons problems aren't in the forwards... we have the forward depth next year to cover Packers departure. Our forwards are the best performing of any NRL team especially in attack.

We're far better to focus cap $ recruiting quality backline talent that can step up to the potential Hunt/ Widdop combo can deliver, and running off our mobile forward pack ... Lafai doesn't cut it and other options like Aitken or Mann aren't yet in that class.

I heard what you're saying, but that's exactly why Graham's signing is so good... Because it's opportunistic.
We're essentially signing an elite front rower for half his price tag, how could you possibly pass that up? We NEEDED an experienced forward to replace Packer, that much was obvious. I have faith in our forward depth but we desperately needed another hard-nut to line up alongside Vaughan and that's exactly what Graham brings.

I know what you mean about targeting backline talent, but a certain element of reality has to find its way back into the discussion here. Which backline players currently off-contract would you be looking at buying? There is literally nobody out there right now that fits the criteria. Millward has said that we've got money in the bank and 4 spots to fill for next year, so I would say that Graham isn't the only bargain we'll be looking at.
Just be patient, i'm sure we'll find someone. Because right now, there isn't anyone.

possm

Coach

Sorry, I have to disagree. We need Graham to replace Packer and we need our young props Kerr and Laurie to step up so our forward can remain fresh all seaon. As I predicted after a few rounds in, our forwards did get tired, burnt out and busted because they carried the load and we didn't have enough depth to rest them.

Mann to right centre and when Aitken if fit again, he needs to come back through reserve grade as a backrow forward. Then on the bench as no. 17.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Sorry, I have to disagree. We need Graham to replace Packer and we need our young props Kerr and Laurie to step up so our forward can remain fresh all seaon. As I predicted after a few rounds in, our forwards did get tired, burnt out and busted because they carried the load and we didn't have enough depth to rest them.

Mann to right centre and when Aitken if fit again, he needs to come back through reserve grade as a backrow forward. Then on the bench as no. 17.

Agree Possm
Wasn't overly impressed by Graham today, was really looking for him to make a big impact, just really plodded a bit, but maybe I'm being judgmental based on the rumour. However, I did like the look of Danny Fualolo, 22yrs old and 115kg's and really hit the line hard and has a nice offload.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Do you honestly think they can win a premiership anytime soon.
I do think we can be a genuine premiership contender by 2019. I am hoping that Zac Lomax can debut next year in the centres, he could be anything. I am hoping Marsters can be playing first grade by 2019. we have a good pack and have the likes of Host, Sele, Luciano and Lawrie all developing. We would still need a good pair of wingers and we would have a team, who could win the comp. A new coach would be good too.

I also think that we should be making the top 6 next year.

Alec's-saints

Juniors
I understand its a joke and thats ok, but if every poster here was maligned for sharing a rumour, it would be a very boring place.
the bloke who started this thread was right. looks like graham will be a dragon in 2018, i thought he was talking dribble but i was wrong, then MMM stated he will be at the dragons next year and it was all over social media. there is some truth behind every rumor.

I do think we can be a genuine premiership contender by 2019. I am hoping that Zac Lomax can debut next year in the centres, he could be anything. I am hoping Marsters can be playing first grade by 2019. we have a good pack and have the likes of Host, Sele, Luciano and Lawrie all developing. We would still need a good pair of wingers and we would have a team, who could win the comp. A new coach would be good too.

I also think that we should be making the top 6 next year.
Lomax needs to come through the NSW Cup first before he is considered for first grade.

The same as Marsters both very young and need to be blooded against more experienced players as the under 20's really isn't a great environment for budding players.

Sailor seems to be in front of both of them with his signing for the 30 man squad next year and Periera i like the look of him he runs the ball hard and isn't frightened to have a go.

Will benefit from a true pre season at NRL standard.

Garrick imo is just about ready and its a shame Isaac Thompson has been f**ked around so badly this year the same way they treated young Tom Carr.

Seems to me JD was the only coach they have had at NSW Cup level who actually gave a shit about player development as Head is proving to be another Scott logan a total failure.

I expect Matheson Johns to also be moved along into the NSW Cup as he is another with potential.

Latest posts