What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Graham.

Dea

Juniors
I’m a Graham admirer. While our Captain Widdop is taking kicks at goals Graham speaks up in the team huddle. He just looks like he is leading the team. On the field he steps up when required. The week before a defender hit one of playmakers late. Ref blew a penalty and Graham got in the players face to make sure he knew not to do it again. Nobody seems to be talking of our forwards being soft this year.
Not without his mistakes, running out of the line in defence on Sunday lead to a try, but his heart and attitude is making a difference. The guy gives his all and the players around him seem to be lifting as well.
Hope he gets not one , but a few premierships before retiring.

Brutalitops

Juniors
I’m a Graham admirer. While our Captain Widdop is taking kicks at goals Graham speaks up in the team huddle. He just looks like he is leading the team. On the field he steps up when required. The week before a defender hit one of playmakers late. Ref blew a penalty and Graham got in the players face to make sure he knew not to do it again. Nobody seems to be talking of our forwards being soft this year.
Not without his mistakes, running out of the line in defence on Sunday lead to a try, but his heart and attitude is making a difference. The guy gives his all and the players around him seem to be lifting as well.
Hope he gets not one , but a few premierships before retiring.
Funniest part of his defensive effort costing a try is that the very reason he missed it is because of his massive line speed in defence. This time it was read well, but 95/100 times he makes that tackle and it's a massive one.

Pro Dragons

Juniors
With his accent I'm not sure everybody knows what James is saying out there :blush: but there is no doubting his leadership qualities has had a massive influence on our forward pack. It is hard to believe the dogs let him go to sign Woods, when the chips are down I know who I would rather have wearing the Red V.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Funniest part of his defensive effort costing a try is that the very reason he missed it is because of his massive line speed in defence. This time it was read well, but 95/100 times he makes that tackle and it's a massive one.

Brutalitops
Agree.
He is controlling the line speed well and leads our forward on and off the field.
Is a great asset to our club

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Just had a quick peruse through The Kennel forum to see where the Dogs fans are at after 5 rounds (it's nice to humour myself with their misery sometimes). It's f**king spectacular seeing how filthy they are about losing Graham and replacing him with Woods. What an absolutely cracking decision by Dib to make that trade.

On the flip-side of the argument, some Dogs fans are saying that Graham just looks good in a good pack, when he's actually not doing anything special. That one was a side splitter. Great stuff.

ouryears

Bench
Just had a quick peruse through The Kennel forum to see where the Dogs fans are at after 5 rounds (it's nice to humour myself with their misery sometimes). It's f**king spectacular seeing how filthy they are about losing Graham and replacing him with Woods. What an absolutely cracking decision by Dib to make that trade.

On the flip-side of the argument, some Dogs fans are saying that Graham just looks good in a good pack, when he's actually not doing anything special. That one was a side splitter. Great stuff.
How poor was Woods last night, his new haircut has made him even worse. He was not even NSW cup standard.

If he gets picked for blues SOO,
I won't even watch it this year.

They should make him get in a cage with Vaughan, winner walks out alive.

Walpole

Juniors
With his accent I'm not sure everybody knows what James is saying out there :blush: but there is no doubting his leadership qualities has had a massive influence on our forward pack. It is hard to believe the dogs let him go to sign Woods, when the chips are down I know who I would rather have wearing the Red V.
No one knows what he's saying but they sure as hell know he means it!!

Life's Good

Coach
How poor was Woods last night, his new haircut has made him even worse. He was not even NSW cup standard.

If he gets picked for blues SOO,
I won't even watch it this year.

They should make him get in a cage with Vaughan, winner walks out alive.
Woods isn't a leader and that what they lost by letting go of Graham. Woods will rack up his stats but when it comes to adding that aggression he simply doesn't have it.

Its great we come out on top vs. the Dogs on this one.

ouryears

Bench
Woods isn't a leader and that what they lost by letting go of Graham. Woods will rack up his stats but when it comes to adding that aggression he simply doesn't have it.

Its great we come out on top vs. the Dogs on this one.

True, Life's good.

But there is more to what irks supporters... including his own clubs supporters... than just not being a leader.

He irked Tiger supporters,
he irks Blues SOO supporters, Australian team supporters
and now irks Bulldog supporters.

And he even irks all other teams supporters.

Almost like Willie Mason, but Mason at least had one ball and some toughness to his game.

Sharon truly looks and plays like he belongs on a field that has no physical contact.

But I can't quite put my finger on why he is soooo irksam!

getsmarty

Immortal
Graham hopes Denver Test gets green light
Author
Brad Walter Senior Reporter
Timestamp
Mon 9 Apr 2018, 07:53 PM

St George Illawarra prop James Graham has made a last-ditch plea to NRL clubs to support an annual Test in Denver that he believes could rival State of Origin for England and New Zealand players.

A meeting of NRL club CEOs on Tuesday will discuss issues around travel, insurance and recovery procedures for players with representatives of the RLPA, NZRL, RFL and the RLIF, as the June 23 Test appears certain to go ahead.

Despite NRL CEO Todd Greenberg, RLPA CEO Ian Prendergast and South Sydney CEO Blake Solly outlining their concerns on behalf of clubs in a letter last week, it is understood that the NZRL will make the final decision as the host nation.

The NRL, clubs and RLPA believe that playing the match at altitude, the travel time to and from Denver and the short turnaround before their next game could expose players to a greater risk of injury, while they want to ensure their contracts and any medical costs are adequately covered by insurance.

As the Test is scheduled for the stand alone representative weekend in the NRL and Super League, and has been sanctioned by the RLIF, the NRL could be asked to stand down any player whose club refuses to release him.

grahamj-180406nh21.jpg

Dragons and England Test prop James Graham. :copyright:Nathan Hopkins/NRL Photos
However, New Zealand officials are confident they can address the concerns raised by the NRL, clubs and RLPA after announcing last week that players would have the same insurance as players in State of Origin.

Leading Kiwis players, including captain Adam Blair, have spoken out in support of the Test and Graham said England's NRL stars were also determined to play.

''I want to see the international game at the forefront of our game and this Test for us English lads and the Kiwi boys has the potential to be our State of Origin,'' Graham said.

''We don't have that [Origin] but we have got the opportunity to go and play in the United States in front of what I am being told is going to be a packed Denver stadium.

''People want to take that away from us. I get their reasons but we want to play.''

With the Dragons due to play Parramatta on June 28, Graham and captain Gareth Widdop would have just two days after their return to prepare for the Thursday night match.

The Warriors and Melbourne Storm, who are likely to provide the nucleus of the New Zealand team, are also scheduled to play matches on June 29.

The NRL and clubs support the Test but believe it should be played at a venue which can be reached in a single flight, such as Hawaii, or preferably New Zealand.

However, promoter Jason Moore, who bought the opening match of the 2015 Major League Baseball season to Sydney and is behind the 2025 World Cup in North America, has guaranteed the NZRL $500,000 to play at Mile High Stadium.

It is understood Denver was chosen as the location because the time zone is beneficial for broadcasters in Australia, New Zealand and England, as well as North America.

''There is so much riding on this that we have got to get it over the line, we have got to get it done,'' Graham said.

''There are so many reasons for it to happen, not so many reasons for it not to happen or not genuine reasons in my opinion.

''Some of the things that have been put forward, I just don't think there is any merit in them and anything that has been put out there has been easily disproven.

''I understand why some people don't want it to go ahead, that is their prerogative. My prerogative is I want to see more international games.''

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/04/09...er-test-against-new-zealand-gets-green-light/