What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Graham.

Pro Dragons

Juniors
A big YES if it's true that we have signed Graham. Despite Canterbury's lack lustre efforts this year he still remains one of, if not the best competitive and passionate players in the NRL. He runs hard and tackles hard and that theme won us plenty of games this year. He would also be a great mentor for our younger players breaking into first grade.

With Blair I invoke the no dick head policy. He has copped plenty of well based criticism for his on field dirty play. In a test match he delivered a chicken wing tackle on fellow club mate 3rd man in Thaiday which displayed his lowly caliber.

Last edited:

The calm one

Juniors
He's a leader of men & can hopefully motivate and spark the other Pom. And a bonus he won't have to play Origin when our standard slide usually begins.
IF, IF, you could get him for around the 400 k, of course you are going take him. He is an international that wears his heart on his sleeve. There are players that run round in reserve grade who get round the same coin

monsterkev

Juniors
It's obvious we need some experience in our forward pack
Graham will be good at getting our blokes going
Last night was a classic example
We were dominated by a smaller pack as seems to the case all too often

SEAT 1A

Bench
Gee I hope it's true.
We don't need him as an 80min forward. He still has plenty to offer playing wise.
We do need him as a leader on the field which is something we lack/need more of.
For those questioning his contribution this year, the Dogs are a*s and needed more than Graham to lift them. With us, he will be surrounded by quality(apart from the coach).

Dogs paying some of the freight. Will suit Marys game plan, still capable of good meters, belts people and never gives up with his cover defence.

If the Dogs are filthy with letting him go, it's has to be a good signing for us. Hopefully he can't wait to get out of the place. Happy with his signing.

Nice addition the our pack, gives him a break with Lesson. Looking good for next year.

Life's Good

Coach
Dogs paying some of the freight. Will suit Marys game plan, still capable of good meters, belts people and never gives up with his cover defence.

If the Dogs are filthy with letting him go, it's has to be a good signing for us. Hopefully he can't wait to get out of the place. Happy with his signing.

Nice addition the our pack, gives him a break with Lesson. Looking good for next year.
It is until you look at the 'coaching' team.

BennyV

Referee
I don't want Blair either. I'm not sold on Graham either but will say he is a fierce competitor and I think he'd fit in well with our current style of play. Dunno how he'd feel about being our second fiddle to Blair though. I wouldn't be flattered.

I must admit, I do chuckle at his cranky schoolboy act (i.e. hands clasped behind his back while his face goes beetroot red) when he "chats" to the refs. My favourite though is the knuckle point while his face goes beetroot red.

:grin:
I personally love those tactics - it shows that he knows exactly what he's doing. He's fired up and shows it but he never loses control. It doesn't work well when you've got hotheads like Klemmer who see this and follow suit, but take away the captaincy and he'll put a whole lot of drive into our young forwards.

SEAT 1A

Bench
It is until you look at the 'coaching' team.

You are correct Life's Good with a different coach we wouldn't be in the position we are in now however, I'm doing my best to look pass that major issue.

If Mary can reproduce the early round form of this year, there is still some hope. We will see as I don't think we will see a stronger line up.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Next year really is starting to look very very good even with Huey duey and Louie at the helm.there will be a very good team on the paddock with a very strong pack and a set of halves that should keep us in most games .perhaps with the 3 anchors as coach the big dance is a bridge Far. Far away.

Last edited:

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Every 'top 10 props in the NRL' list that i've looked at from the last few years has James Graham in the top 2 or 3. In fact in the 'NRL.com top 50 best players in the NRL' last year, Graham placed 5th.. Ahead of guys like Shaun Johnson, Taumalolo, Corey Parker and more. He was the biggest metre eater in 2014-2016. Dally M Prop of the Year in 2014. So many credentials to this guy's name.

He is probably the hardest working forward i've seen for some time. We would be absolutely insane not to go hard for him. I still think he can recapture his best form, he needs a fresh start at a new club to escape the ineffective, boring structures of the Bulldogs. As I said earlier, forwards do well at our club. Without the burden of the captaincy on his shoulders, he'll excel.

Ben_Kusto_magic

Juniors
James Hooper reported that nothing signed yet on Triple M. A lot will depend on how much Bulldogs are willing to tip into his contract.
He expects negotiations to ramp up over the next week. If he does leave Bulldogs, the dragons are most likely to pick him up because he is settled in Oyster Bay which is close to Dragons training facilities

Gareth67

First Grade
As has been mentioned by so many others , Graham's sheer determination and will to win is exactly what has been missing from the Dragons pack for a number of years now .
He is the type of player that never gives up and will always give his all .

The best example of that was in the 2014 Grand Final , towards the end of the game when although they were a beaten side , he turn to his teammates and tore strips of them for giving up . He then continued on with his one- man war with the Souths pack . The Rabbits beat the Bulldogs that day , but not James Graham .

And if we are fortunate enough to land his signature , you can be damn sure that he will still do his very best in every game , wether he be 32 , 42 or 102 , he cannot do anything less , as it's in his D.N.A.

Last edited:

Bench
He wants three years I believe we would only give two. Hope he does sign with us.