What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Graham

Bench
I know his heart is in the right place but his body can’t compete at the level we need.
It is time for him to hang up his boots.
I don’t know how much money he is on, but if he retires it can be put towards recruiting another forward.

Dragonsamy

Bench
Jimmy is a machine and I have a lot of love for him but he was a passenger most of last year so he is done. His mind, passion and desire is there 100 % but sadly like most athletes, his body is screaming the end.

Offer him a position on the coaching staff to mentor the young fellas over the next few years but if he wants to keep playing then unfortunately it’s home to ESL.

After 400 + games he has nothing to prove and I’d hate to see fellow Dragons fans putting the boot in. He deserves respect and dignity but honesty too.

Spot on

Gareth67

First Grade
It’s always a shame to see these ‘ warriors ‘ go , however as already stated he is at the very end now and those countless concussions must be the concern of everyone involved at the Dragons - after all they do have a responsibility to their players and now is the time to act .

As much as I admire the man it’s is time to hang up your boots Jimmy and be most proud of your efforts to each club and country that that you gave your heart and soul to .

Dragonsamy

Bench
What makes you think that?
There is a few reasons his age and his injuries .Also I'm not sure weather he want to stay in aussie or go back home.
I would think he would want to stay if so, hopefully the club will offer him a roll where he can help the young guys to learn the art of being a professional footballer.
There is a lot of thing that need to be figured out for next year, like salary cap , playing conditions, squads and staff numbers etc as well.
Interesting times ahead.

BLM01

First Grade
One player that’s off contract I wouldn’t mind having a look at is Asiata, he is not barnstorming but brings a lot of skill in attack.
I agree with you but he is a starnge one. Cowboys use him as that everywhere man utility but I thought he best suited to wide back rower / prop?.
I still remember the game in 2017 when Coiwboys were on a losing trot, us towards the top of the table but quivering badly as usual. It was origin and Cowboys had a lot more out with injury and origin especially Thurston & Morgan. Asiata / Coote played halves and carved us up in the 2nd half. I think Frizz / Dugan? were our only reps.
We were up like 30-0 and Cowboys come roaring home and unlucky not to win it with a disallowed try.

avocado

Juniors
I agree with you but he is a starnge one. Cowboys use him as that everywhere man utility but I thought he best suited to wide back rower / prop?.
I don’t.

Indeed a strange one. Super talented ball player. I’d have him in our halves over either of the two spuds we currently have.

It’s always a shame to see these ‘ warriors ‘ go , however as already stated he is at the very end now and those countless concussions must be the concern of everyone involved at the Dragons - after all they do have a responsibility to their players and now is the time to act .

As much as I admire the man it’s is time to hang up your boots Jimmy and be most proud of your efforts to each club and country that that you gave your heart and soul to .
I am very surprised that the NRL have not made the call already.
Surely the man's well being should be placed above anything else.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I still remember the game in 2017 when Coiwboys were on a losing trot, us towards the top of the table but quivering badly as usual. It was origin and Cowboys had a lot more out with injury and origin especially Thurston & Morgan. Asiata / Coote played halves and carved us up in the 2nd half. I think Frizz / Dugan? were our only reps.
We were up like 30-0 and Cowboys come roaring home and unlucky not to win it with a disallowed try.
His best games I’ve seen are at lock but he’s not going to replace the big dog JT. His experience getting shifted around in every position will be invaluable if he ever plays under Mary....If we don’t resign JDB I’d play him at 13 use him as a second 5/8 like Freddy or Brad McKay. We also desperately need to either buy a big metre eating prop, or give Ivan Drago plenty of time this season to grow into a first grader. Kerr, Vaughan and Lawrie I’m happy with though. Our weakness is lack of control and creativity in attack I think Asiata could help a lot.

Como Connection

First Grade
His best games I’ve seen are at lock but he’s not going to replace the big dog JT. His experience getting shifted around in every position will be invaluable if he ever plays under Mary....If we don’t resign JDB I’d play him at 13 use him as a second 5/8 like Freddy or Brad McKay. We also desperately need to either buy a big metre eating prop, or give Ivan Drago plenty of time this season to grow into a first grader. Kerr, Vaughan and Lawrie I’m happy with though. Our weakness is lack of control and creativity in attack I think Asiata could help a lot.
The power play is exactly why the team has no creativity in attack.
JT would struggle under Mary.
CC

BLM01

First Grade
CC
How can we even call our team as having power play when we cant even make it in the other half in a starting set from inside our own 20. We need to rely on a 7 tackle set from starting on the 20 to hopefully cross the halfway line...then only to put a non threatening kick in on the last.

Como Connection

First Grade
How can we even call our team as having power play when we cant even make it in the other half in a starting set from inside our own 20. We need to rely on a 7 tackle set from starting on the 20 to hopefully cross the halfway line...then only to put a non threatening kick in on the last.
Mary plays the game like a game of Dominos, march up the field with no mistakes, therefore no flare or creativity.
CC

Gareth67

First Grade
I am very surprised that the NRL have not made the call already.
Surely the man's well being should be placed above anything else.

Agree Dennis they , the NRL had themselves made concussions a priority earlier in the piece , but unfortunately it has now gone off the boil somewhat .

Undoubtedly Graham and even Luke Keary should come under the microscope once again . No one wants to see any player loose their faculties at such an early stage of their lives.

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
CC
No JT would not struggle. he wouldnt play under McWhiteboard or if had to would come up with his own game plans and go for a smoke at half time so he would not have to listen to him

Latest posts