What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Maloney...... what do you think so far?

Abacus

Juniors
So they spent all this money on the academy and it doesn't have everything they need? Lol.
Often teams will go off site - as much for a change of scenery as anything else. People can get stale without changes hence different training drills, different locations, etc can give players a bit of a refresh.

OldPanther

Coach
Often teams will go off site - as much for a change of scenery as anything else. People can get stale without changes hence different training drills, different locations, etc can give players a bit of a refresh.

That makes sense.

forby

Juniors
Well said MX. Unless somebody comesout and publicly dis's the club I wish them all the best except when they play us. Looking back though, I can't remember any that have bad mouthed the club. Even Jenko who probably could have, never did. And plenty seem to come back in some capacity.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Anyone that takes a rumour doing the rounds on social media as “Fact” needs to have a long hard look at themselves.

Most are simply made up.

I doubt the truth about what happened with Moyza and the club will ever come out.

One thing is clear, “Something” had to have happen, “Something” pretty major as most saw him as a Panther for life and a key figure in the clubs future. Those sorts of players don’t really just get moved on for no reason.

Anywho, life goes on, Go Jimmy, Go Panthers!!!

franklin2323

Immortal
So they spent all this money on the academy and it doesn't have everything they need? Lol.

If this stuff was written in the paper about our players you'd all be complaining about unfounded rumors and media agenda against the club.

They have breakfast at different cafe's every morning to get out and about town. Make stuff less formal.

I guess people believe what they want. Locals see players around, Gower, Brandy etc got up to so much stuff. Different tines back then though. Up until last year Lewis, Graham and Seggy played poker at Leonay golf club

I can't find the video now (NRL website is terrible to search) this quote from Merrin is telling. He doesn't even use their names

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    110.3 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

OldPanther

Coach
They have breakfast at different cafe's every morning to get out and about town. Make stuff less formal.

I guess people believe what they want. Locals see players around, Gower, Brandy etc got up to so much stuff. Different tines back then though. Up until last year Lewis, Graham and Seggy played poker at Leonay golf club

I can't find the video now (NRL website is terrible to search) this quote from Merrin is telling. He doesn't even use their names

It makes sense to mix things up.

I remember that quote. It's clear something has happened. I'm just not a fan of the double standard where people shoot down rumours because they are just agenda driven but moreso they don't confirm their views and give credence to other rumours because they affirm peoples opinions.

franklin2323

Immortal
It makes sense to mix things up.

I remember that quote. It's clear something has happened. I'm just not a fan of the double standard where people shoot down rumours because they are just agenda driven but moreso they don't confirm their views and give credence to other rumours because they affirm peoples opinions.

Like I said people believe what they want me posting what I know to be facts doesn't change anyone's mind. I have seen Moylan kicked out of a pub and say 'don't you know who I am'
A week before the Dogs trial Edwards was kicked out of Panthers. It is a non issue usually when these stuff happen.
It was the same with Moylan we usually laugh about it at the time. Even with the bloke that witnessed the Gus office incident. His words "holy shit. I couldn't believe how calm Gus was.
I am sure other locals have similar stories... Doesn't mean those on the other side of the argument will believe that he did anything wrong

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Like I said people believe what they want me posting what I know to be facts doesn't change anyone's mind. I have seen Moylan kicked out of a pub and say 'don't you know who I am'
A week before the Dogs trial Edwards was kicked out of Panthers. It is a non issue usually when these stuff happen.
It was the same with Moylan we usually laugh about it at the time. Even with the bloke that witnessed the Gus office L. His words "holy shit. I couldn't believe how calm Gus was.
I am sure other locals have similar stories... Doesn't mean those on the other side of the argument will believe that he did anything wrong

I’ve had half a dozen mates working at Panthers over the years and they all have stories of different players making dicks of themselves on the piss. Nothing to worry about, just young blokes blowing off a bit of steam.

Ivan Cleary is the only one I’ve heard really bad stories about. The female bar staff all knew to stay away from him once he’d had a few beers. He sounds like a complete knob on the piss.

franklin2323

Immortal
I’ve had half a dozen mates working at Panthers over the years and they all have stories of different players making dicks of themselves on the piss. Nothing to worry about, just young blokes blowing off a bit of steam.

Ivan Cleary is the only one I’ve heard really bad stories about. The female bar staff all knew to stay away from him once he’d had a few beers. He sounds like a complete knob on the piss.

Yes Ivan was known for that. One night thrown out and said... You can't do this. I coach the NRL team haha.

Like I said plenty of them around. I guess when it affects the team or becomes criminal it is an issue.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Because he's too boring to get in trouble off the field?

I have a feeling Maloney will have his best game of the season tomorrow... what more motivation could he have then to prove Sharks wrong?

I'm really hoping so.

I don't think Hook is boring as such *even though his voice tone might suggest it. I think he's actually got a dry sense of humour (that video of him dancing with his kids shows that, in support of Merrins #moveoutofyourhead. I just don't think Hook feels as though he needs to big note himself. I don't think it's his style

GongPanther

Referee
I'm really hoping so.

I don't think Hook is boring as such *even though his voice tone might suggest it. I think he's actually got a dry sense of humour (that video of him dancing with his kids shows that, in support of Merrins #moveoutofyourhead. I just don't think Hook feels as though he needs to big note himself. I don't think it's his style
Comes across as a well grounded person.

OldPanther

Coach
Less effective yesterday. His god mode potion must have worn off.

Although he still looked decent. Sharks just made sure to limit his time with the ball. The biggest issue with not getting him a halves partner.

This is why we need Luai. He might not be a world beater but he is a half and will help in areas Peachy never could effectively.

betcats

Referee
Moylan took the points comfortably yesterday. IF he ever does get his shit together we are going to regret losing him for a long time, if not it will probably only be when he plays us.