What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James O'Connor

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Full back or 5/8

tricky one, we just got Corey Norman to play 5/8 and Hayne/Hoppa to play fullback so I guess neither, then again he hasn't signed for us

if he did I would think 5/8 at Wenty and see how he goes from there

he is too small to play on the wing in League imo

MrAnonymous

Bench
Still waiting on those 140kg south Africans Maggie.

27xkv28.jpg

Eddie Lab

Juniors
Wests CEO, Mayer get the f**king cheque book out.

1/2 Brooks
5/8 O'Connor
O'Connor would make it; Wests sign the bastard.
5/8 or fullback. Would like to see him and Brooks work some magic for Wests.
Mayer has worked very hard for the WT's in removing the bad culture and stale players. Instead of seeing the results of 2014 you want them to panic by running out and spending half a million on a rugby union player?

from all reports this guy is an idiot/immature and you want him to be in the Tigers incredibly young and impressionable backline?

and finally, in 2012 the tigers were very close to signing mason but the board put a stop to it as he had character issues. why do you think they'd sign a union player with character issues?

Loudstrat

Coach
He is an exceptional talent and wasted in that other game.
Sounds like he's wasted all the time

Not good enough as the main kicker in the kick-fest that is Union, but would be excellent by the standards of secondary kicking options in the NRL.
F*ck off. You reckon some Yawnion try had could be an effective second choice kicker in the superior game?

Michael Clarke is in the top few batsmen in the world. If he was the Micahel Clarke of Yawnion he'd be a gun
If he was the Michel Clarke of Yawnion he'd struggle to be the Shane Watson of RL.

magpie4ever

First Grade
Mayer has worked very hard for the WT's in removing the bad culture and stale players. Instead of seeing the results of 2014 you want them to panic by running out and spending half a million on a rugby union player?

from all reports this guy is an idiot/immature and you want him to be in the Tigers incredibly young and impressionable backline?

and finally, in 2012 the tigers were very close to signing mason but the board put a stop to it as he had character issues. why do you think they'd sign a union player with character issues?

Give me a break, he is what?, 24. His last mistake was trying to board a plane for a holiday half pissed. He is not a bloody axe murder.

If there is any concern placed behavioural conditions within the contract.

That is complete and utter bullshit, don't believe the stats put out by the NRL Clubs or Fox Sports.

Remember, they have David Simmons listed at 98 kgs and Ben Barba at 95 kgs.

So what makes you believe stats other sports put out?

Not that you can actually name any.

Pro sports have been lying about these stats for ages. NBA heights are quite often off by a few inches.

Give me a break, he is what?, 24. His last mistake was trying to board a plane for a holiday half pissed. He is not a bloody axe murder.

If there is any concern placed behavioural conditions within the contract.

The concern is how he will influence other players within the club.

No amount of clauses can stop that.

Mate, I'm 85 kgs and I'm twice as wide as Dave (he is about 6-8 cms taller). Yes, and I have stood next to him.

My guess - high 80s or very low 90s, at best.

You understand muscle weighs more than fat don't you?

Comparing an athlete to someone else is totally erroneous.

magpie4ever

First Grade
Just consider what some of the posters here are saying. That a high number of league forwards are bigger than George Foreman, at his heaviest when in the ring.

I say highly unlikely.

Just consider what some of the posters here are saying. That a high number of league forwards are bigger than George Foreman, at his heaviest when in the ring.

I say highly unlikely.

And you continue to ignore that other sports likely lie about stats as well.

But ignorance seems to go hand in hand with your posts.

Yeah dude, but not to that extent. Benny Barba would be 85 kgs, at best.

You were comparing yourself to Simmons last I checked.

Barba's stats may be a lie. But all we can compare is official stats with officials stats.

That backs up the record that you're full of sh*t in saying O'Connor tackled forwards 20kg heavier than the heaviest NRL forwards.

Not sure why you've got such a big hard on for O'Connor that would lead you to lie about his abilities.

magpie4ever

First Grade
Ok, argue with this: compare the size of SBW with some of the All Black forwards when he was playing centre in union.

Now there are posters here saying he is around 191-3cms and around 108-110kgs. He looks like a midget comapred to some of the back 5.

It is not a sin to say that the average back rower in union is taller and heavier then a league forward. Different game, different skill requirements; but it is a fact.

magpie4ever

First Grade
You were comparing yourself to Simmons last I checked.

Barba's stats may be a lie. But all we can compare is official stats with officials stats.

That backs up the record that you're full of sh*t in saying O'Connor tackled forwards 20kg heavier than the heaviest NRL forwards.

Not sure why you've got such a big hard on for O'Connor that would lead you to lie about his abilities.

Who said, I'm all fat with no muscle. You might be a fat lump of lard.:lol:

Last edited: