What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Roberts

Minh

First Grade
TPA's are just a way of signing a player for less officially on the Salary cap books, the big clubs who are major players in this scheme do it and it has nothing to do with marketing but more to do with building a powerful team under the cap. So I have to agree with Possm.

Lethal25

Juniors
Not sure the NRL would allow Souths to register the contract for what they can afford in 2016, unless they lose players.

hazzbeen

Bench
TPA's are just a way of signing a player for less officially on the Salary cap books, the big clubs who are major players in this scheme do it and it has nothing to do with marketing but more to do with building a powerful team under the cap. So I have to agree with Possm.

x2....It seems we cant compete with the big boys for what ever reason...

dragonreddy

Juniors
Not sure the NRL would allow Souths to register the contract for what they can afford in 2016, unless they lose players.

There's talk of Tim Grant leaving,The Broncos need to move a couple to stay in the hunt as well maybe it's not proving as easy as they thought with the Titans wanting HALF of Copley's salary paid by Brisbane.

Then of course what happens if a club dumps a player/players and Roberts doesn't end up going to them they are left short.
That would probably burn Brisbane worse than Souths.

The Nick

Bench
I think Possm is saying do whatever needs to be done, it's whats happened at other clubs. Look at Fittler, Johns and even Finch as prime examples, none of those guys shoot the lights out in the media do they.

And yet they hold the few media positions available.

Sorry guys but James Roberts won't be co-hosting the Footy Show next year as part of his TPA with us.

Straight Shooter

Lethal25

Juniors
And yet they hold the few media positions available.

Sorry guys but James Roberts won't be co-hosting the Footy Show next year as part of his TPA with us.

Straight Shooter

Hey, if Fittler can keep a media job for as long as he has then anything is possible

rasaint

Juniors
Hi All I know a lot written on this. My take is that JR would prefer to go to Souths or Broncos but doesn't 'hate the thought' of dragons. He came from Souths and has been up north for past few years.

I would really be excited to see him at dragons. I saw him run 110 metres in 2010 in the prelim army to our big semi against Tigers. He is so fast that even when he is covered by defenders he moves away very quickly and one defensive boo boo and he is half through or gone. If on the apparent small chance he may sign with Dragons we would give the comp a shake, subject to no serious injuries.

Conversely without him don't dismiss Pete Mata from fullback. Pete holds and fires a pass very well, he can set up outside backs. Also has acceptable speed ( quicker than Duges) and runs the ball back strongly.

I have a friend who is fanatical Rooster supporter. If Milne has his mind on the job and gets a injury free season he believes he will be in the centres 1 st grade by mid season.

Anyway time will tell.

the_saints

Juniors
If I see James Roberts on the street I'm going to deck him ... The little bitch make up your silly little peanut of a brain fkn deadbeat if it was upto me at the dragons I would told this bloke to piss off ages ago this bloke Must think he has immortal status wouldn't even fart in the blokes direction all I want is for you to have a game at kogarah oval vs the saints and mose just stamp fkn peads the flop

I have a friend who is fanatical Rooster supporter.

My next door neighbor is a fanatical Roosters supporter. Weird aren't they?

His Youngest son is even weirder. So brainwashed is the poor little bastard that his two favourite toys are a rubber chicken and a plastic egg.

True story.

The Nick

Bench
If I see James Roberts on the street I'm going to deck him ... The little bitch make up your silly little peanut of a brain fkn deadbeat if it was upto me at the dragons I would told this bloke to piss off ages ago this bloke Must think he has immortal status wouldn't even fart in the blokes direction all I want is for you to have a game at kogarah oval vs the saints and mose just stamp fkn peads the flop

You already proved you're a wanker with previous posts but this just takes the cake. What a deadset fkn hero you must be.

to_ddeath

Coach

Flop? So much guts you have....dickhead. Ashamed you even post in here at all.

T.

Latest posts