What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Roberts

saints4ever

First Grade
No, it means that we offer more money and his preferred position yet still fall short.

If you don't see a problem with that then you're even more dopey than I first realised.

Straight Shooter

Ok Eyore, If YOU think he's actually going somewhere else for less money (legally) than I have a time share scheme I'd love to show you...

No one misses out when they have 150k better deal. If you dont see something fishy than you are truly hell bent on being a defeatest.
Objective? Nah. Miserable and negative just because

Jubileeboy

First Grade
Explain it whichever way you like. But we're not competing, d#*khead.

Straight Shooter

Bullshit. What you really meant to say was, 'It's not a level playing field'.
When we have allegedly tabled the highest offer to date, excluding any TPA's and you think we're not competing? Roberts has won lotto with his timing.
How would you address this matter and do it better? You keep failing to offer solutions or suggestions here, not that I really expect you to have any.

Bullshit. What you really meant to say was, 'It's not a level playing field'.

That's exactly what I meant to say and it fits in with what I've already said: we're not competing.

How to fix the problem? We all know the answer but it's just all too hard, apparently.

Straight Shooter

Jubileeboy

First Grade
That's exactly what I meant to say and it fits in with what I've already said: we're not competing.

How to fix the problem? We all know the answer but it's just all too hard, apparently.

Straight Shooter

You still need to quantify your statement and not leave an open ended, ambiguous comment.
I know you will bang on about our board but the root of this problem stems from the ineffective policing of TPA's through the NRL. The NRL have become a toothless tiger in this case.
Multi millionaires with funds lying around to give away to their playthings are a little scarce on the ground. 3 x clubs have them, 13 don't.

willzy91

Juniors
This is getting really confusing but at the same time interesting.. The NRL has come and said they want register a James Roberts contract for anything less than $300k a season w TPA on top.. So u would think Broncos are out at this stage unless they offload 1-2 players quick smart.

Souths have no chance in hell of offering $300k as they were just under the cap when they got rid of walker to sign Burgess - so unless they offload 1-2 players they must be questioned by the NRL if they do eventually sign Roberts.

On the other hand Dragons only team w. Concrete formal offer of $400k a season plus the Fullback spot..

You have to wonder does he end up at the dragons on default....read on
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...as-rabbitohs-step-up-bid-20151219-glrl1q.html

I agree it is all confusing and the big thing is, we just don't know how truthful all this information is either. We really won't know anything of what's actually going on until signs with a club then all will be revealed

hazzbeen

Bench
This is getting really confusing but at the same time interesting.. The NRL has come and said they want register a James Roberts contract for anything less than $300k a season w TPA on top.. So u would think Broncos are out at this stage unless they offload 1-2 players quick smart.

Souths have no chance in hell of offering $300k as they were just under the cap when they got rid of walker to sign Burgess - so unless they offload 1-2 players they must be questioned by the NRL if they do eventually sign Roberts.

On the other hand Dragons only team w. Concrete formal offer of $400k a season plus the Fullback spot..

You have to wonder does he end up at the dragons on default....read on
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...as-rabbitohs-step-up-bid-20151219-glrl1q.html

Good read Mickey.....The way I see it Saints are the ones with a concrete offer, so this is how I see it if we had Bennett as coach he would have signed by now. Lets hope they see that Mary can offer something as a coach.....

hazzbeen

Bench
The Mole ‏@RLW_Mole 18h18 hours ago
BREAKING
JAMES ROBERTS LATEST
@SSFCRABBITOHS close to prize - depends on sealing 3rd party deals
If not, he'll go to @brisbanebroncos

Going by this bloke we are no where in the race.... This is becoming a circus....

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Agree, Souths have poured too much into the one basket with Sam Burgess. At this stage of their careers Walker is clearly the better more accomplished centre IMO, he has nearly as much speed, he has size, power, footwork and skill. The loss of Luke is massive, Souths will still be a very good team but not in my top 4....

I agree with you Minh...they may have S. Burgess back but Luke has left a gaping hole in their ranks...it was proved over and over the past few years when he was suspended or injured they lost a lot of their go forward

BREAKING
JAMES ROBERTS LATEST

Going by this bloke we are no where in the race.... This is becoming a circus....

And an embarrassing stain on this once great club.

Straight Shooter

Twenty10

Juniors
BREAKING
JAMES ROBERTS LATEST

I can assure you dragons withdrew a while ago. Media speculation is complete rubbish. Saints have moved on.

BennyV

Referee
BREAKING
JAMES ROBERTS LATEST

Souffs just announced Burgess and Hymel Hunt, as well as another contract upgrade. They will not be getting Roberts.

The Nick

Bench
You still need to quantify your statement and not leave an open ended, ambiguous comment.
I know you will bang on about our board but the root of this problem stems from the ineffective policing of TPA's through the NRL. The NRL have become a toothless tiger in this case.
Multi millionaires with funds lying around to give away to their playthings are a little scarce on the ground. 3 x clubs have them, 13 don't.

This is what OV fails to understand. He thinks their good fortune comes down to good business. The only failing OV has been able to indentify within our club merely comes down to the fact that Doust isn't a millionaire prepared to pour his own finances into the club.

And an embarrassing stain on this once great club.

Straight Shooter

Yeah you're right. Decades from now our Grandchildren will discuss the dark day we failed to sign James Roberts :sarcasm: Oh what a stain.

This is what OV fails to understand. He thinks their good fortune comes down to good business. The only failing OV has been able to indentify within our club merely comes down to the fact that Doust isn't a millionaire prepared to pour his own finances into the club.

Yeah you're right. Decades from now our Grandchildren will discuss the dark day we failed to sign James Roberts :sarcasm: Oh what a stain.

The necessity to merge, our inability to compete, the level of professionalism, rookie coach after rookie coach, nrl handouts, rgrv, the list goes on....

Embarrassing.

Straight Shooter

saints4ever

First Grade
The necessity to merge, our inability to compete, the level of professionalism, rookie coach after rookie coach, nrl handouts, rgrv, the list goes on....

Embarrassing.

Straight Shooter

Whilst I do agree on the inability to compete, it is not 100% the clubs fault.Yes NRL handouts are a problem and the board should be held accountable but they aren't.

The merge was in 99. Get the f**k over it.
Ok, I hate the rookie coach thing too. But who would you rather? After Price was thankfully punted we were negotiating with Bennett. He was 12 hours away from signing and it was only Murdoch that stopped it. What more do you want? Who else was available that you'd have here? Taylor? Henry? Stuart? Daley? How did those teams go? Green would've been great in hindsight but hey, he was a rookie too.

How much professionalism is good enough for you? What does the club need to do to seen, by you, as professional?

Latest posts