What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Schiller

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Ramsey is more in the Pap mould and Schiller is more on the Teddy mould.
Personally I would see Schiller as our FB and Ramsey as a JAC type winger.

From the little I've seen of both your assessment is spot on. Schiller looks a real solid athletic type and Ramsey the flyer.

Reactions: jak

boardlumps62

Juniors
Looks like we have some backs if we lock them up. Now we need some mongrel forwards then the classic is finding those two things that make it all work and win premierships.
You got it " a half and 5/8th.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Ramsey reminds me of Langlands and Schiller is more like Eadie. I would say both are keepers at all costs along with Lomax and Clune all being class players backed up by the Feagais and Sullivan. The jury is still out on Sailor due to limited NRL exposure. I would also keep Dufty. What an exciting backline!

RedV Resurgence

Juniors
Team
Dufty
Ramsey
Schiller
Lomax
Feagai
Sullivan
Clune
Ford
Host
Gale
Vaughan
Mc Innes
Kerr
Extended Bench
Lawrie
Blacker
Ellis
Brittain
Fegai
Sauni-Esau

Would love to see this team run out with the youngsters knowing not to worry about future selection go and do your best. Even if they are not winning games, they will be getting ready for NRL. I actually think they will do better than most believe.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
I agree Red V Resurgence the older brigade of Rein, Hunt, Norman, Frizell, Graham, Widdop, Marshall, De Belin, Sims Bros, Latimore, Packer, Thompson, Lafai, Aitken, Mac Donald, Hunt, Marketo , Mathews, Matautia, Field, Frizell, Nielsen, Masoe, Lui, Havili, etc has got us nowhere so give youth a go!

possm

Coach
Looks like we have some backs if we lock them up. Now we need some mongrel forwards then the classic is finding those two things that make it all work and win premierships.
You got it " a half and 5/8th.
Backline
1. Schiller
2. Ramsey
3. Lomax
4. Feagai
5. Feagai
6. Dufty
7. Clune

Full of talent and speed. We just need to slot them into first grade prior now to hopefully be ready for season 2021

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
I agree Red V Resurgence the older brigade of Rein, Hunt, Norman, Frizell, Graham, Widdop, Marshall, De Belin, Sims Bros, Latimore, Packer, Thompson, Lafai, Aitken, Mac Donald, Hunt, Marketo , Mathews, Matautia, Field, Frizell, Nielsen, Masoe, Lui, Havili, etc has got us nowhere so give youth a go!

Don't disagree that we need new blood but 1. Field is only 22-hardly one of the older brigade 2. All we know of most of this new crop are attacking video highlight reels- we've been burned by having brilliant attacking players like Dufty and Field who turned out to be turnstile defenders, poor under the high ball, too small to resist being rag dolled, no positional sense etc

Don't want to be a wet blanket but... let's assess these players total skill packages before pronouncing them as the saviours of the club.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Redandwhite4ever I concur with your opinion but believe apart from a handful of players such as De Belin, Frizell, Tariq Sims and Widdop our recruitment has been poor and ourpathways has been underwhelming hence 9 years in the wilderness. Field is a tip football player and rarely stood out in NSW Cup. The coach keeps selected the same deadwood with no plan of attack and brittle defence which forces Mc Innes to do the tackling of the other bludgers. Hopefully our backline attack can improve their defence.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Redandwhite4ever I concur with your opinion but believe apart from a handful of players such as De Belin, Frizell, Tariq Sims and Widdop our recruitment has been poor and ourpathways has been underwhelming hence 9 years in the wilderness. Field is a tip football player and rarely stood out in NSW Cup. The coach keeps selected the same deadwood with no plan of attack and brittle defence which forces Mc Innes to do the tackling of the other bludgers. Hopefully our backline attack can improve their defence.

No argument from me about any of this DR- we're all hoping for better- just trying to keep a lid on our expectations of this new crop of players who- lets face it- are promising but largely untried kids.

LINESPEED

Juniors
Ramsey is more in the Pap mould and Schiller is more on the Teddy mould.
Personally I would see Schiller as our FB and Ramsey as a JAC type winger.

Hopefully Cody has an irresistible performance today & locks down a wing spot for the season.
And I agree George that James may well be our future fullback, with Feagais centre & wing
& Sullivan & Duff/Clune halves.

If all eventually perform to the hype, the backline will have us permanently on our feet on the Jubilee Hill!
...the roar from that Hill on a Gasnier break in the 50’s could be heard in Hurstville

... and the unmentioned above
(barring Zac)
can respectfully go ply their trade in CC or elsewhere

Last edited:
Nevermind. I watched the BarTV mini game highlights. Played left centre. Solid boy, strong, quite quick, and graceful. A lot of his uncle Brett Mullins look about him. I hope he gets fast tracked into the 30, and fullback for Dragons next year.