What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

james segeyaro and other recruits

broncos2010

Juniors
Really like what this kid offers every time he comes on for the cowboys is he finds lazy or tierd markers all the time he plays the game 100 km/h all the time which sometimes brings errors out of him but I think he has been great for cowboys this year when he plays the attack seems to go up another 2-3 levels.

Great little pick up you guys got with him he will offer heaps.

I also think Wes could do a great job at fullback for you guys if he gets given a run which he should like he did for knights in 2010 and also Whare looks like a pretty decent option in the centres with jenko.

Pretty much you guys are building a very decent team with some top quality props and some up and coming backs your just struggling a bit in the backrow and the halves with Walsh not really a guy that is going to win you a premiership.

If Manu and Brown can find some form we will have a pretty good backrow. Manu has been horrible lately. Brown was forced to play lots of hooker and centre this year and the Warriors were horrible so im not as worried about him

soc123_au

Staff member
Thanks Broncos2010, there is cause for a bit of optimism. The big question mark is on the halves. If our backrowers play to their potential we could still do a bit of damage even with average halves. If the Walsh/Coote thing works out & the backrow fires we should be in for a few good years. Oh to dream....

murraymob

Coach
i think our halves will sort it self out as cooote grows into his position.He is still learning and seems to bring out a better walsh version than the burns combination did

franklin2323

Immortal
i think our halves will sort it self out as cooote grows into his position.He is still learning and seems to bring out a better walsh version than the burns combination did

Mark my words. Walsh we get our player of the year. I don't agree but that's what I heard. Given he finished top 10 in the dally M's I can believe it. He just needs more consistency.

Segeyaro's service from dummy half will see our attack go better. the 1st recievers catch it knee height or it goes to ground far too often for my liking

murraymob

Coach
segeyaro looked good last night.You could see his match fitness was down a little but will not be a problem for us next year

Todays game see a few ex panthers running around but even with that i just can not support cronulla given the pillage they have reaped upon our club.

Spitty

Juniors
He definately brings a different look to the attack when he cons on. With the injury to Payne the other night, Segeyaro was probably asked to do more minutes than he was ready for, but barring a few mistakes he did well.

McClennen just didn't know how to use Lewis Brown so we can ignore his form for 2012, Cleary on the other hand knows how to use him very effectively. Whare was probably the worst player on the field on Friday night, but right wing is about the 6th position Manly have asked him to play this year and the first he hasn't excelled at. I hope right wing wasn't one of IC's plans.

Who knows what's happened to Sika Manu. He's been aweful, he missed this weekend through a niggly injury but even if he's fit for the prelim final I wouldn't be surprised if he's not picked. Probably the new recruit on the most money and his form for most of this year has been in the toilet. Definately the most concerning of our buys.

franklin2323

Immortal
I still think Roberts will make an immediate impact the others not so much. Do we play Whare at fb or centre? If Kingston's captain how much gametime will Segeyaro get?

Manu is the concern Brown will be very solid but won't win many games. Smith returns. Either Austin or Robinson need a great pre-season to allow Manu to come off the bench.

elyod138

Bench
Segs is talented but his service is average, he is also prone to being selfish.

If he can fix those two areas he will be a good buy.

Iafeta

Referee
Was a massive Brown fan. That bloke though fair dinkum didn't put in once he signed. Pretty much to a tee to the date he signed with Penrith he went from a fantastic ball runner to being lazy, slow, lethargic and weak as puss on defence. I've seen a lot of blokes go elsewhere, I've never seen one be so pathetic before moving on.

benntash

Juniors
Was a massive Brown fan. That bloke though fair dinkum didn't put in once he signed. Pretty much to a tee to the date he signed with Penrith he went from a fantastic ball runner to being lazy, slow, lethargic and weak as puss on defence. I've seen a lot of blokes go elsewhere, I've never seen one be so pathetic before moving on.

The whole warriors team was weak as puss. Once Bluey had undone all of Clearys work the team collapsed and vice versa here. Once the cancer of ME started to die off we started stringing together a few good performances and finished the year off strongly. There's no way you can say Brown went soft cause he signed with us :crazy:

RedVDave

First Grade
You guys have recruited very well for next year IMO, just wondering what you guys think is your ideal backline though? Would you put Austin & Walsh with Coote at fullback or would you ideal halves be Walsh/Coote with Naiqama at fullback and Austin at Lock?

Big Mick

Referee
1. Matt Moylan
2. Josh Mansour
3. Michael Jennings
4. Dean Whare
5. James Roberts
6. Lachlan Coote
7. Luke Walsh/Harry Seijka
8. Dayne Weston
9. Kevin Kingston
10. Tim Grant
11. Lewis Brown
12. Sika Manu
13. Blake Austin

RES:
14. James Segeyaro
15. Sam McKendry
16. Matt Robinson
17. Vaipuna Tia-Kilifi

With guys like Kyle O'Donnell really pushing for a spot early on.

Last edited:

Big Mick

Referee
Pangai imo is being tailored to be our T-Rex.

Depends on how fit he comes to pre-season training and how he responds. He could be centre...I really don't think he plays wing like some people are listing him as.

Panthercam

Juniors
The team will be like this
1. Matt moylan/ dean whare
2. Wes niqama/ josh mansour
3. Michael Jennings
4. Brad tighe/ Moses pangai
5. James Roberts
6. Lachlan Coote/ Blake Austin
7. Luke Walsh/ Harry seijka
8. Sam mckendry/ Jeremy latimore
9. Kevin Kingston