What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Tamou

superpanther

Juniors
Oh well silly me. Oh dare I comment. Perhaps I should go back to the kitchen and some clearning then.

It seems to me there is a continual circle within this forum that begins with sensible discussion then drops to .........................is shit and the great standby Hook and Gould are shit. Tamou seems to be flavour of the month regarding this.
I notice that no one quite cops it like those 3.

TBH it gets wearing. :(

(I now wait for the comment well don't read it then) The problem being is that it's often clumped in with some sensible discussion.

Perhaps it's time for me to get out the ignore button and use it for the first time. *which is a pity because when posters aren't on there....................is shit routine, they do have some insightful things to say.
haha yes I agree. Tamou does seem to be the flavour at the moment. wait until we lose a few games then hook will be in firing line again

OldPanther

Coach
Oh well silly me. Oh dare I comment. Perhaps I should go back to the kitchen and some clearning then.

It seems to me there is a continual circle within this forum that begins with sensible discussion then drops to .........................is shit and the great standby Hook and Gould are shit. Tamou seems to be flavour of the month regarding this.

(I now wait for the comment well don't read it then) The problem being is that it's often clumped in with some sensible discussion.

Perhaps it's time for me to get out the ignore button and use it for the first time. *which is a pity because when posters aren't on there....................is shit routine, they do have some insightful things to say.

Woah you took that too far.

You said: "I'm so over this.......is shit, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,is shit, hook is shit. Suchenlightning discussion. I thought things would improve oncethe season started."

I responded: "You only came on when people were talking about stuff they are disappointed with and were nowhere to be seen when the positive talk was going on about our roster."

You said: "OMG how dare I comment."

My point was not criticism of you commenting it was criticism of you missing the positive and treating people as if they're only negative.

mxlegend99

Referee
Funny you mention that. A quick glance at a few teams packs

2017 stats

https://www.totalfootystats.com.au/...thers/james-tamou&disp_year=2017#.WrHsR66WaUk

Adam Blair 85m per game
Glasby, Browmich already listed
Jordan McLean 104m per game
Russell Packer 94m
Shannon Boyd 94m
Daniel Alvaro 91m
Tim Mannah 92

Tamou had 111 running metres per game. More then the 2 NZ captains of last year. 2 Club captains. McLean is rated as one of the best forwards in the comp and he ave less per game then Tamou
Outside of Bromwich all those guys are average

Why don't you look at the elite props? The ones on similar money to Tamou. Not the fat merkins used for a few hitups to swing momentum.

franklin2323

Immortal
No contract amounts are listed. Feel free to direct me to where they are . 4 of those have played tests after Tamou has. Then Packer has played tests too hardly plodders

ACTPanthers

Bench

Who said anything about you not being allowed to comment? Don't worry, I'll answer that for you... NO ONE - Also, who said anything of the sort about "going back to the kitchen" as you eloquently put it? Don't make out like we're sexist animals, when from what I've seen, no one has ever been sexist towards you in this forum. It's actually quite pathetic that you've immediately gone the "sexist" route when someone disagreed with you.

mxlegend99

Referee
Funny you mention that. A quick glance at a few teams packs

2017 stats

https://www.totalfootystats.com.au/...thers/james-tamou&disp_year=2017#.WrHsR66WaUk

Adam Blair 85m per game
Glasby, Browmich already listed
Jordan McLean 104m per game
Russell Packer 94m
Shannon Boyd 94m
Daniel Alvaro 91m
Tim Mannah 92

Tamou had 111 running metres per game. More then the 2 NZ captains of last year. 2 Club captains. McLean is rated as one of the best forwards in the comp and he ave less per game then Tamou
Meanwhile focusing on the better props from 2017:

Aaron Woods - 162m per game
David Klemmer - 166m per game
Andrew Fifita - 142m per game
RCG - 127m per game
Jesse Bromwich - 127m per game
Paul Vaughan - 147m per game
James Graham - 123m per game
Matt Scott - 135m per game (only played 2 though)

Tamou is capable of that output. He did it when Cowboys were the team to beat. His 5 years available on totalfootystats.
Tamou 2014 - 118m
Tamou 2015 - 135m
Tamou 2016 - 134m
Tamou 2017 - 111m
Tamou 2018 - 85.5m

Yet apparently expecting him to play closer to his potential.is a bad thing?

franklin2323

Immortal
MX different styles of play. Look at the back 3. On 2015 NQ stats

Coote 68m per game
Winterstein 121m per game
Feldt 114m

Compare that too us last year
Edwards 181m per game
Mansour 157m per game
DWZ 135m per game

We use our backs so much coming off our line it takes potential hit ups off forwards. The result is less metres gained doesn't mean the forwards aren't doing their role

Coote 68m per game
Feldt 114m

Edwards 181m per game
Mansour 157m per game
DWZ 135m per game

We use our backs so much coming off our line it takes potential hit ups off forwards. The result is less metres gained doesn't mean the forwards aren't doing their role
You have a point and a pretty good one but surely you can see the money spent on Aussie Jim isn't the best way to use it?

mxlegend99

Referee

Coote 68m per game
Feldt 114m

Edwards 181m per game
Mansour 157m per game
DWZ 135m per game

This is such a load of shit.

RCG is in that list too afterall. Our backs make the best metres on kick returns too. Getting our forwards onside earlier and allowing them more opportunities for hitups. Tamou has ran for big metres with us on occassion too. Hes not worth elite money if hes not required to be an elite prop.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Yeah because metres gained are irrelevant to a front rower. Infact I dont know why we even need any elite players in our team if we don't expect anymore from them than we do anyone else.

Watch how quickly people turn on James Tamou as being average, not worth the money etc. The second he's not a Panther.

Is his defence not worth mentioning? His line speed? He and Merrin jammed the inside runner all day, gave the Rabbit play makers very little room to move.

That was elite. Seems to always go unnoticed though.

franklin2323

Immortal
You have a point and a pretty good one but surely you can see the money spent on Aussie Jim isn't the best way to use it?

I can't remember who else was available at the time that ticked all the boxes. We have an premiership winner, played 200 games, Played Origin and test who is still under 30.

I think probably on overs now if the rumoured figures are true. Though when he is in his last year of the deal in 2020. He will have plenty of props earning more including RCG.

I've always thought he was a pillow (very Brent Kite like really) but I was actually excited in the 9's when he was running hard. We have yet to see that in an NRL game. The way he can watch RCG sprint into the line time and time again then keep jogging the ball up is pathetic really