What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Origin II - Wed 26 Jun - NSW 38-18 QLD @ MCG

Series: NSW v QLD

• New South Wales

Votes: 19 57.6%
  • Queensland

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 3 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JamesRustle

First Grade
Um last year, game 1 was in Adelaide. 1 game in Sydney and 1 game in Brisbane.

2022, 1 game in Perth, 1 in Sydney, 1 in Brisbane.

2021 was an anomaly due to COVID.

2020, 1 game in Adelaide, 1 game in Sydney, 1 game in Brisbane.

2019, 1 game in Perth, 1 game in Sydney, 1 game in Brisbane.

You have to go back to 2018 as the last year either state, bar due to COVID, where either NSW or Qld had 2 of the three games in it's home city.
The merkins owe nsw a 3 game home series..

Wb1234

Referee
Did they play the 3 games of theqld series at the same stadium?
Pretty sure it was North qld Gold Coast and Suncorp

this was during covid though

Brisbane generally didn’t struggle selling out both games but tickets were cheaper

origin tickets went from 80 bucks top price to around 300

And this nsw side isn’t really one full of likeable stars either

JamesRustle

First Grade
Nope. It was the 2022 series that was COVID effected.

Game 1 was played in Townsville.

Game 2 was played at Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane.

Game 3 was played at Cbus Super Stadium on the Gold Coast.
Correct. That was the point I was making without giving the respect of doing the work.

Nsw deserve a home state series in Sydney, Newcastle and Wollongong/canberra/other. f**k qld and their leg-ups.

yobbo84

Coach
Stephen Crichton MOTM

Latrell this, Latrell that, it's just a smokescreen

I reckon he'll be the biggest decoy ever (in every sense)

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Correct. That was the point I was making without giving the respect of doing the work.

Nsw deserve a home state series in Sydney, Newcastle and Wollongong/canberra/other. f**k qld and their leg-ups.
It was hardly a 'leg-up' and more a requirement. The game was based completely out of QLD because of the lockdowns in NSW. It was either QLD host all three games, or the series is cancelled. I guess you'd prefer the former because you got to enjoy two floggings, right?

Why bitch about it now?

NSW does not 'DeSeRvE a HoMe SeRiEs' now. But if QLD is locked down due to a pandemic outbreak in May-July and NSW is not, NSW will host a series.

JamesRustle

First Grade
It was hardly a 'leg-up' and more a requirement. The game was based completely out of QLD because of the lockdowns in NSW. It was either QLD host all three games, or the series is cancelled. I guess you'd prefer the former because you got to enjoy two floggings, right?

Why bitch about it now?

NSW does not 'DeSeRvE a HoMe SeRiEs' now. But if QLD is locked down due to a pandemic outbreak in May-July and NSW is not, NSW will host a series.
Settle petal. BTW, DM me if you offering floggings.... or if you're at the mcg...

For the record, to the end of 2023 series:
QLD home games = 61 (48% of total)
NSW home games = 52 (41%)
Interstate/International = 14 (11%)

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Settle petal. BTW, DM me if you offering floggings.... or if you're at the mcg...

For the record, to the end of 2023 series:
QLD home games = 61 (48% of total)
NSW home games = 52 (41%)
Interstate/International = 14 (11%)
I can’t make it tonight but I’ll be at game three!

Fangs

Coach
Edwards MOM like he is pretty much every week for you know who.

If QLD don't win 40+ then they are an embarrassment to Rugby League.

This Year?

Immortal
OK I feel like I must LU this thread.
NSW only lose because our team has no sex appeal.
The best looking bloke in our side looks like he'd be high in omega 3, while QLD have a guy that makes perineums twitch wherever he goes.
Our jersey has this eye watering red thing right in the middle of it and QLD have a clean, simple design.
Our coach looks like something that survived a zombie apocalypse and is going bald.
QLD's coach looks like a silver fox with his wavy locks and is more refined whenever he talks about the game.

We never stood a chance did we?

beave

Coach
Pretty sure it was North qld Gold Coast and Suncorp

this was during covid though

Brisbane generally didn’t struggle selling out both games but tickets were cheaper

origin tickets went from 80 bucks top price to around 300

And this nsw side isn’t really one full of likeable stars either
rubbish.

Top price tickets in Brisbane was $300+ before covid. $80 would get restricted view or the shit seats at the top of the ends that had the roof beams blocking the views of the new bigger replay screens.

KOMORI

Bench
The best looking bloke in our side looks like he'd be high in omega 3, while QLD have a guy that makes perineums twitch wherever he goes.
Our jersey has this eye watering red thing right in the middle of it and QLD have a clean, simple design.
Our coach looks like something that survived a zombie apocalypse and is going bald.
QLD's coach looks like a silver fox with his wavy locks and is more refined whenever he talks about the game.

The gay math does, in fact, check out. We’re f**ked aren’t we :/

IMG_6275.jpeg