What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Tamou

qld redvee

Juniors
problem with Tamou is the fact we would have to offer him at least a 2 year deal . and in my opinion Tamou only performs when he has a fairly aggressive pack around him as he has hardly carried penrith over the last few years. And as usual we would have to pay overs SO a big no .. Lets raid the sharks nursery they seem to have an abundance of big young boppers

Dragonslayer

First Grade
No to Tamou from me.

Not much coming off contract either.
Maybe take a look at:

Kevin Proctor
Rhys Kennedy
Tom Eisenhuth
John Asiata

problem with Tamou is the fact we would have to offer him at least a 2 year deal . and in my opinion Tamou only performs when he has a fairly aggressive pack around him as he has hardly carried penrith over the last few years. And as usual we would have to pay overs SO a big no .. Lets raid the sharks nursery they seem to have an abundance of big young boppers

Braden Hamlin-Uele End 2022
Jack Williams. End 2022
Teig Wilton. End 2023
Royce Hunt. End 2022
Britton Nikora End 2022
Billy Magoulious. End 2021

They are pretty tied up. Billy prob best chance of a release though

Gareth67

First Grade
James Tamou ? Come on , I mean really the bloke has no fire in his belly , what the Dragons require is as already mentioned - some tough nuts who WILL add starch to our forward pack and are able to pathe the way upfield for the backs to show -off their silky skills ( ?) - the coach will supply the latter .

Recruitment will need to search further afield to supply suitable forward replacements for our current stagnant tired old pack of hazbeens .

qld redvee

Juniors
Braden Hamlin-Uele End 2022
Jack Williams. End 2022
Teig Wilton. End 2023
Royce Hunt. End 2022
Britton Nikora End 2022
Billy Magoulious. End 2021

They are pretty tied up. Billy prob best chance of a release though
thanks miller looks like someone has done their homework at the sharkies

dragon thomo

Juniors
Yes for me. Consistant performer. And i would also be happy if we got Hethrington he is a good player. We should have chased him the last time he was off contract.

Yes for me. Consistant performer. And i would also be happy if we got Hethrington he is a good player. We should have chased him the last time he was off contract.
The forwards look soft as previously mentioned. They lack flair and are mainly one dimensional, particularly Frizzell who provides some go forward but little else. Will not be a loss if a young replacement with fire in his belly is available. I agree re Procter, although now 31 still has a lot of energy and was outstanding last night versus the roosters.

ChocOConnor

Juniors
I never call any player that puts a jersey and runs out as soft so I won’t go there. But Tamou seems like a good bloke so we don’t need a good bloke. We need someone totally opposite. I had seen this Hetherington almost 2 years ago and thought I wouldn’t mind us having a crack at him even though he seemed like a nutcase.
As much as people here don’t think much of big Russ Packer I see when an opposition player thinks twice about may be trying to rile him up knowing full well the guy can handle himself and won’t take a backward step.
I once saw Andrew Fifita change color seeing him run into a melee when at dragons

hazzbeen

Bench
James Tamou ? Come on , I mean really the bloke has no fire in his belly , what the Dragons require is as already mentioned - some tough nuts who WILL add starch to our forward pack and are able to pathe the way upfield for the backs to show -off their silky skills ( ?) - the coach will supply the latter .

Recruitment will need to search further afield to supply suitable forward replacements for our current stagnant tired old pack of hazbeens .
Hay old mate don't bring me into this .....:p

Dragonslayer

First Grade
The game has moved on rapidly from the rumbling big forward to the more mobile and agile forward. The 6 again is effecting teams that have the rumnbers, us included. It's why, i think, the Broncos are suffering badly.

We need to find props that fit the new mould, not plodders whose glory days were in the past.

Being 6'5+ and 120kgs is useless if its just to 'hit the ball up'.

ChocOConnor

Juniors
Frizz is the perfect specimen as a prop nowadays

If only our Moron parading as our coach actually had vision. I was so surprised he didn’t name Lawrie as the half for the south’s game.

The_Frog

First Grade
Why is he quitting the Panthers?
He wants to stay, but the club has a host of players it has developed who need to be resigned to keep them out of the clutches of other clubs, and James doesn't come cheap. Last week he was the only player in our side who did not debut for us. Still, I'd like to see us retain him. If he's let go it will be because of his rather lacklustre first two years with us. He's been really good this year and last.

Latest posts