What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jamie Lyon is a legend!

effnic

Bench
Hillarious gorilla really im on the ground.

Ryan they mean after he signed a new contract i think at the begining of a new year.

eels_fan_01

Bench
Lyon is a fat piece of sh*t. He thinks he was good because he did well in Superleague....whos was hes centre pairing at St Helens probably Reg Gasnier. Great quality there.

Angry_eel

First Grade
Ryan said:
Come on guys - I think Jamie Lon played more than just ONE game for Parra as you say. From memory, it's like 50-100 isn't it?
49- 99(whatever the figure is) he played on one contract. The other one game he played on a newly signed contract at the time.

Seriously, i would have had NOTHING against Jamie Lyon if he hadn't signed that contract and just left for manly. Then he would just be playing footy for the money. He wouldn't be a traitor.

Every year(during origin) Willy Tonga's name is thrown up because he is an excellent player. He could have been playing for us IF jamie lyon had told us earlier that he had signed or wanted to sign a bigger contract at manly.

We lost a quality junior and we lost a quality first grader. It took us a long time to recover, we only recovered in 2005.

Duffman

Juniors
eels_fan_01 said:
Lyon is a fat piece of sh*t. He thinks he was good because he did well in Superleague....whos was hes centre pairing at St Helens probably Reg Gasnier. Great quality there.

f**k your an idiot. He made the test squad regularly with the Eels, not to mention origin. Typical eels response. Can't getover the 2005 premiership choke, can't get over 2001, haven't realised that Sterling has retired. Grow up.

Y2Eel

First Grade
brett128 said:
f**k your an idiot. He made the test squad regularly with the Eels, not to mention origin. Typical eels response. Can't getover the 2005 premiership choke, can't get over 2001, haven't realised that Sterling has retired. Grow up.

When did this happen????:shock:

eels_fan_01

Bench
brett128 said:

He was good at the Eels, he wasnt a toss like he is now.

No, you know what i cant get over.

Matt Orford not getting past the 2nd week of the finals, hes a sh*t merkin.

Duffman

Juniors
eels_fan_01 said:
He was good at the Eels, he wasnt a toss like he is now.

No, you know what i cant get over.

Matt Orford not getting past the 2nd week of the finals, hes a sh*t merkin.

You just can't lose talent. Lyon is still as good a player as he ever was. Supposedly not because a bunch of nobodies on forums say he ain't.

On Orford, you are just digging yourself further. Atleast we got further than the eels in the comp.

bradeel

Juniors
Manly got further than the Eels only marginally this season and that was after we absolutely butchered the first half of the season including losing our coach. You might want to recall the 2005 finals series, only 1 year earlier than your wonderful memory seems to take you back. If I recall correctly it was Parra bundling out your beloved Sea Eagles of the comp and it was a big mutha of a win too.

Look, you SeaEagles fans can crow all you like about the little fat merkin Jamie Lyon and I wish you all the best in slotting him into your side whilst your coach tries to balance up a team full of players whose positions he'll be shunting - one of Matai or Burns is going to get shafted anyway...

At the end of the day, don't try to begrudge us Parra fans our little whinge against the little d*ck we call Judas. He absolutely shafted our club rotten and no amount of gloating will make any difference. Your club was absolutely complicit in poaching him away from his contract with Parra and what makes the whole thing worse was that he got the chance to bullcr*p us all again earlier this year when he was weighing up his options. To think that he actually said he was considering playing for Parra again!!? He was never going anywhere but Manly. You can have him but no Parra fan would be unhappy to see him get absolutely laid out by a Fui Fui special. The poor bugger spends enough weeks on the sideline every year now anyway - he may as well get the chance to do some decent damage this time.

CharlieF

Juniors
Angry_eel said:
49- 99(whatever the figure is) he played on one contract. The other one game he played on a newly signed contract at the time.

Seriously, i would have had NOTHING against Jamie Lyon if he hadn't signed that contract and just left for manly. Then he would just be playing footy for the money. He wouldn't be a traitor.

Every year(during origin) Willy Tonga's name is thrown up because he is an excellent player. He could have been playing for us IF jamie lyon had told us earlier that he had signed or wanted to sign a bigger contract at manly.

We lost a quality junior and we lost a quality first grader. It took us a long time to recover, we only recovered in 2005.

He left in 2004. I suppose thats a long time.

winnyason

Juniors
i don't give a toss if he shouted a beer, as a manly fan i have to be honest stats don't lie who is gonna do bk's 25 hit ups 35 tackles 6 off loads a game. no one are forwards will struggle without him, no one signed to replace him but we spent 500 k on a back, forwards set the platform win the games ...not backs hate to bag my team but it is a worry, who will do the workload kite, watmough doubt it kite plays in 15 minutes at a time & watmough has not been the same since dropped from origin.
i have to say souths recruited better look two of the best forwards during tri series kidwell & roy asotasi.

Duffman

Juniors
I think you underestimate how much Kite put into the side. I agree about the rest though. I would have preferred we bought larger stocks in the forwards. But Lyon is a world class player who will do well at our club none the less.

circling eagle

Juniors
The biggest shame for Parra fans is that Parra V Manly at Parra stadium wasnt listed for round one! By round 20 he will have found his feet again and there could be more tears at parra stadium than anything else. Booing him as he crosses for his third just wont have the same effect.

circling eagle said:
The biggest shame for Parra fans is that Parra V Manly at Parra stadium wasnt listed for round one! By round 20 he will have found his feet again

Where is he running off to this time?