What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jamie Lyon wants to play for the Eels again

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Caylo just said he thinks it's all talk, he didn't say he didn't want Lyon back.

"If it happens, it happens, but if it doesn't I don't think we will be any worse off."

I don't think that means "f**k you Jamie, we don't want you scum" or anything like that.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Belly in Brisvegas said:
What did Fitzy say mate?

Asked if there was any chance of Lyon rejoining the side, Parramatta chief executive Denis Fitzgerald said: "I have no comment to make except to say I was pleased to hear Jamie's comments in regard to him not having any problems with Brian Smith."

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
eelavation said:
Asked if there was any chance of Lyon rejoining the side, Parramatta chief executive Denis Fitzgerald said: "I have no comment to make except to say I was pleased to hear Jamie's comments in regard to him not having any problems with Brian Smith."

which begs to ask another hypothetical

what if he wants to come back ?

Eels have a contract with him, that they must honour

I can't see him coming back, and Eels forcing him to play Premmy League

Twizzle said:

you raise a very good point twiz.

if we didn't take him he may have cuase for unfair dismissal or a restriction of trade.

we wouldn't be that foolish though....string him out until 2007 and then let him do whatever he wants.

Avenger

Immortal
As walker smith stated earlier. If he comes back in 2006 and accepts the constraints of the cap, then welcome. Therefore 2006 or nothing.

fish eel

Immortal
Twizzle said:

I guess that would also depend on the details of his current deal with st helens?

when does that run out?

is he proposing to run out on them to come back to u?

Avenger

Immortal
fish eel said:
I guess that would also depend on the details of his current deal with st helens?

when does that run out?

is he proposing to run out on them to come back to u?

The eels deal overrides any St Helens deal.

Avenger

Immortal
He would however have to play for match payments assuming we are close to the top of our cap.

Avenger

Immortal
fish eel said:
so.....his deal with st helens has an 'escape' clause that he can invoke?

I obviously have not seen the contract. But I am assuming that Lyon can use the clause only if Parra are agreeable to same. They are in effect interdependent.

stuke

Bench
i would imagine it would be like the 'loan' system that is utilised in soccer. ultimately Lyon is still contracted to Parramatta, who agreed to let him play for St Helens, but under certain conditions. i was under the impression though that St Helens paid quite a nice amount of compensation to Parramatta so i doubt that any deals would be done for season '06 without some compensation in return.

nationalco

Juniors
I think if lyon came out publicly and apologised to his teammates and fans and extended his contract with the eels, we should consider him. He is a special player and made a big mistake.
But we need to forgive.