What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jamie Lyon wants to play for the Eels again

eels1986

Juniors
Isn't Daniel Anderson coach of St Helens? If he is do you think he mind have ben in Jamie's ear - especially if the rumours are true about Anderson taking on the coaching job in 07. Mmmm - interesting isn't it!!!

stuke

Bench
i'd reply to jamie lyon through the media and see how serious he is.

offer him an incentive based contract for three years. tell him that he did the wrong thing by the team and while we could have refused to let him play anywhere else we let him go to St Helens and make great money during this time. therefore if he is serious he signs a contract with us now, if not he is shown for the fraud that i think the story is.

bugger letting the media screw the story around, lets turn it back on Lyon and see where he truly does stand. we have about 7 months before any other NRL club can negotiate with him.

Lowey3

Juniors
Saints fan here.

The story seems a little rubbish to me.

It contradicts itself, it states that Lyon is homesick yet it goes on to say he'll stay if he recieves a bumper deal... that is tosh!

Lyon will leave us next season that there is no question about but that article just reminds me of our press over here when it comes to Soccer... lies.

If he was missing his mates so much then why did he go to Manly ( when given 2 weeks off by Saints, to be by his sons birth ) instead of going catching up with mates like Hindmarsh etc.....

Conclusion = you can tell it's off season.

The Colonel

Immortal
As has been said all along he is cleaning up his image in Australia. I'd have been interested to be a fly on the wall when the article was read by Greg Mitchell, Tony Zappia and Brian Smith......

Personally though if he did come back I'd give him the number 6 jersey...... after I was allowed take him out the back of the stadium and throw him to the fans first.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Lowey3 said:
Saints fan here.

The story seems a little rubbish to me.

It contradicts itself, it states that Lyon is homesick yet it goes on to say he'll stay if he recieves a bumper deal... that is tosh!

Lyon will leave us next season that there is no question about but that article just reminds me of our press over here when it comes to Soccer... lies.

If he was missing his mates so much then why did he go to Manly ( when given 2 weeks off by Saints, to be by his sons birth ) instead of going catching up with mates like Hindmarsh etc.....

Conclusion = you can tell it's off season.

have you been monitoring him 24/7????...you don't believe that he still keeps in contact with his ex-coach, even though he was quoted as saying that he has.

Avenger

Immortal
Is there any chance of Daniel Anderson coaching us in 2007? If there is then I can see Lyon joining him. If not, then I just cannot see it happening.

strider

Post Whore
Fairleigh Good! said:
Missing out on him over the issues over which he left would be rather unprofessional of Parra.

unprofessional? .... I just looked in my dictionary for unprofessional, and low and behold what did I find - this picture....

lyon_jamie_d.jpg

sorry mate, but jamie lyon gave new meaning to the word unprofessional when he deserted his club and sprouted a pack of lies to try and manipulate the situation

Stagger eel

Staff member
Avenger said:
Is there any chance of Daniel Anderson coaching us in 2007? If there is then I can see Lyon joining him. If not, then I just cannot see it happening.

considering that all the is that we will make a decision on a new coaching structure well before the end of 06, I can't see it happeing due to his committments with St Helens.

I still believe that JT is in the box seat there.

I guess we will never know the truth, but, one rumour that I caught wen talong these lines:

*edit - these sort of rumours are best left off the forum particularly when discussing the person in question*

He can go get ...... as far as I am concerned. He was a big girl about the whole thing. Not the first bloke that this has happened too.

After only one year as centres, I think both Smithy and Tahu showed they will be the best centre pairing in the league.

They are going to kick some serious butt in 2006, and be the catalyst for our premiership win.

We dont need cry babies, we need some guys with ticker (and i believe they will find it next year! After all they have been missing it at crucial times in recent years)

True EEL

Bench
if he is genuine and 100% committed and now has his "head right" and won't ever do anything like this again.........there can only be one answer from Parra......"YES"

you don't turn down talent like Jamie - even if he once turned us down

strider

Post Whore
dammit - i missed the rumour before colonel edited it.....damn u mods are party poopers

strider

Post Whore
I think we should certainly offload as many committed players as we can to make salary cap room and sign jamie back on and take the risk he will get itchy feet again when things aren't all he wants and leave us with another sizable hole in our team like 2004

sounds great to me :D

[/end-sarcasm]

Haynzy

First Grade
Smartman said:
He would be welcome at Canterbury, come Jamie and get a ring like your ex teammates Ryan and Tonga
icon10.gif

who would want to go and get pounded in the ring at the dogs !

walker smith

Juniors
Consider, if you will, that Jamie's professed desire to return to Parra does not extend to next year but until 2007, by which time Smith will be gone....surely If Jamie is so motivated to return he would want to do so immediately, especially given that he remains contracted to the Eels and that his contract with St Helens effectively amounts to a contractual loan...

whenever anyone is about to hire an employee, the natural step is to ring the previous employer and ask if they would employ them again if given the chance. This process doesnt usually happen in rugby league, but here we have a scenario where the biggest deserter league has seen in recent professional memory will be desperate to find an australian club in seven months.

Is it inconceivable that Jamie's management has found merely the slightest resistance in the marketplace based upon his history and his likely inability to honour a contract due to his "unsettled" nature? I would say this is certainly what has happened. Which means his management must address this scandalous perception that their client is unsettled and unreliable....and what better way than to plant a full page interview in a mass circulation newspaper professing your love for your old club, the harmony with your old coach and the fact that you would love to go back if they would have you.....thus alerting all future negotiating clubs to the fact that you are not a bastard and that your old club would employ you again if possible as there are no problems!

Hes not coming back. Hes going north to either manly or the coast...this story was just designed to let everyone know that he is not a problem child but an accomodating nice bloke.

But i see thru you Jamie old son. If u want to come back that bad then come back NOW and prove your love by breaking your St helens agreement and honouring your EXISTING (and pre-existing) deal with Parra....and prove the harmony with Smith by coming back next year WHEN HE IS GUARANTEED TO STILL BE THERE (thats another pitiful rant for another day).

Come back now or keep walking north.

The Colonel

Immortal
walker smith said:
Consider, if you will, that Jamie's professed desire to return to Parra does not extend to next year but until 2007, by which time Smith will be gone....surely If Jamie is so motivated to return he would want to do so immediately, especially given that he remains contracted to the Eels and that his contract with St Helens effectively amounts to a contractual loan...

whenever anyone is about to hire an employee, the natural step is to ring the previous employer and ask if they would employ them again if given the chance. This process doesnt usually happen in rugby league, but here we have a scenario where the biggest deserter league has seen in recent professional memory will be desperate to find an australian club in seven months.

Is it inconceivable that Jamie's management has found merely the slightest resistance in the marketplace based upon his history and his likely inability to honour a contract due to his "unsettled" nature? I would say this is certainly what has happened. Which means his management must address this scandalous perception that their client is unsettled and unreliable....and what better way than to plant a full page interview in a mass circulation newspaper professing your love for your old club, the harmony with your old coach and the fact that you would love to go back if they would have you.....thus alerting all future negotiating clubs to the fact that you are not a bastard and that your old club would employ you again if possible as there are no problems!

Hes not coming back. Hes going north to either manly or the coast...this story was just designed to let everyone know that he is not a problem child but an accomodating nice bloke.

But i see thru you Jamie old son. If u want to come back that bad then come back NOW and prove your love by breaking your St helens agreement and honouring your EXISTING (and pre-existing) deal with Parra....and prove the harmony with Smith by coming back next year WHEN HE IS GUARANTEED TO STILL BE THERE (thats another pitiful rant for another day).

Come back now or keep walking north.

:thumb

strider

Post Whore
Belly in Brisvegas said:
mate...he may as well be managed by David Copperfield because this sh*t reeks of "smoke and mirrors"

:lol: :lol:

maybe we could get him managed by those 2 magician dudes who had tigers that turned on them and they could introduce jamie to their tigers :twisted:

Latest posts