What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jamie Lyon

Hurriflatch

Referee
or just drop King, Cooper (who can't pass) and Lyon

put Stewart in the centres
Burt at fullback for goalkicking
Ben Smith and Grothe into the backline
drop Ansta for Finch

1. Luke Burt
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Ben Smith
4. Brett Stewart
5. Eric Grothe
6. Brett Finch

:lol: ok maybe I'm s little biased :lol:

effnic

Bench
For once i cant stick up for Lyon he pissed me off all game running sideways, but fmd half of the comments on here are fueled with mostly hatred there is no need for half the comments. For the record i dont think Lyon should be there for origin 3 but thats the same with about 6 other players but you dont see threads on them started by f**king parrascum fans.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
effnic said:
For once i cant stick up for Lyon he pissed me off all game running sideways, but fmd half of the comments on here are fueled with mostly hatred there is no need for half the comments. For the record i dont think Lyon should be there for origin 3 but thats the same with about 6 other players but you dont see threads on them started by f**king parrascum fans.

lol yeah those f**king Parra fans, how dare they critisise Jamie Lyon for one of the most pathetic Origin display in a series that many have witnessed:lol:

He was the worst player on the field, even Anasta contributed more in 50 minutes then Lyon.

Tommax25

Bench
Ron Jeremy said:
lol yeah those f**king Parra fans, how dare they critisise Jamie Lyon for one of the most pathetic Origin display in a series that many have witnessed:lol:

He was the worst player on the field, even Anasta contributed more in 50 minutes then Lyon.

neither did anything constructive but lyon kicked a goal. did anasta? lyon contributed 2 points

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Tommax25 said:
neither did anything constructive but lyon kicked a goal. did anasta? lyon contributed 2 points

lol offcourse, a kick:roll:

To Anasta's credit atleast he ran the ball forward, not sideways.

effnic

Bench
Ron Jeremy said:

You are just helping my theory on the hatred of Lyon with those stupid comments. My worst on field would of had to be Hoffman by far.

Tommax25 your dally m fullback prediction is looking the goods ;-) .

Ron Jeremy

Coach
effnic said:
You are just helping my theory on the hatred of Lyon with those stupid comments. My worst on field would of had to be Hoffman by far.

Tommax25 your dally m fullback prediction is looking the goods ;-) .

I love Jamie though:sarcasm:

Lyon was sh*t, and should never have been there in the first place if form was anything to go by, that's why this thread was created

effnic

Bench
I agree with the last comment he didnt deserve his spot but gee some of the things u parra fans say are just plain idiotic.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
effnic said:
I agree with the last comment he didnt deserve his spot but gee some of the things u parra fans say are just plain idiotic.

like what? honestly mate, Lyon has probably been one of the worst performers in the SOO series this year, he has offered nothing in attack and his passes have been terrible, nothing against Manly as i reckon Watmough needs to be in our side as well as Stewart.

Nullajet

Juniors
how in hell does he get an aussie jersey and a state jersey based on that he played in england for a few seasons.....FM!!!!!!

But hey.......what are the options.......NSW have nothing in attack

effnic

Bench
I Know its nothing against Manly as i said the hatred for Lyon not Manly, but in all honesty it just feels like all the Lyon haters just sit there and dont even look at the game they just watch Lyon and as soon as he slips BAM there are about 20 of you that run to the forums.

I know what he did to your club was wrong and i would hate the guy 10 times worse than all of you if he did that to Manly but im on the other side of the field and thats what it feels like for me. I would say Lyon was in the bottom 5 when it came to best players on field but i just find it funny how there is no threads on any other player and there were worse than Lyon. My guess is that there is alot to expect of Lyon and he isnt showing is super star ways in the nrl or origin, but im pretty positive he will come good soon enough.

Mr Saab

Referee
Jamie Lyon went away as a gun center in 2004 and came back as a throwdown (an old firework, not a beer)

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
not the player he used to be

he's not even NRL fit let alone rep footy fit

piss him off

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Dutchy said:
I agree with you all about Lyon being sh*t.

Irs just that its the Parra hate for Lyon that is sh*tting me... there were worse on the field for NSW today, did he start a thread about them or even mention them? No.

name one if you can

he was by far our worst, and he didn't play with a fracture in his hand

mxlegend99

Referee
Lyon is crap. He has done nothing this year, with exception of kick some goals. There are better winger/centres who can kick goals. It's not that i hate Lyon, it's that i hate watching him ruin our backline.

My Origin 3 backline:
1. Brett Stewart
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Dean Collis
4. Matt Cooper (just to mark Hodges)
5. Michael Gordon
6. Greg Bird
7. Brett Kimmorley

2 capable goal kickers. Plenty of pace. And a much more attack oriented 1 to 5.

Stagger eel

Staff member
for what it's worth.

1 Stewart
2 Grothe
3 King
4 Collis
5 Hayne
6 Gidley
7 Mullen
8 O'Meley
9 Buderus
10 Bailey
11 Watmough
12 Gallan
13 Maitua

14 Farrar
15 Hindmarsh
16 Mason
17 White

DeeGan

Bench
Some mocked a post of mine suggesting Jamie Lyon had received an arm chair ride at rep selection in 2007 - last night, after 240 minutes of rep footy this year, Lyon confirmed he is the most overrated player in the game bar none.

The fact he dominated the Super League suggests their competition is weaker than I thought which is a concern in itself. But that is another thread.

Manly overpaid for this guy, Dennis Fitzgerald is sitting back having a laugh in his office this morning.

Latest posts