What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jamie Lyon

t-ba

Post Whore
Lyon's not up to scratch for SoO. His club form is getting better every week mind you.

Nor is Kite. Superb club player, probably not SoO standard.

Matt King should NEVER be allowed to play on the wing in Rep Football again. Play him in the farkin centres if you must, but not on the wing.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
eelavation said:
for what it's worth.

1 Stewart
2 Grothe
3 King
4 Collis
5 Hayne
6 Gidley
7 Mullen
8 O'Meley
9 Buderus
10 Bailey
11 Watmough
12 Gallan
13 Maitua

14 Farrar
15 Hindmarsh
16 Mason
17 White

I don't like Gidley at 5/8 but other than that is isn't a bad side. NSW had too many of the worker type players for game 2. We need players like Maitua and Gallen who will offload. There was no second phase and no angle running so the Queenslanders didin't have to do too much thinking in defence.

I still think Kimmorley is the better option at half.

Downie

Guest Moderator
Lyon was really poor, yeah, but so were King and Cooper. How many times did you see any of our outside backs with even a little bit of room to move? Compare this to Queensland. It's a coaching problem, not a player problem. Why do we have the North Queensland coach as NSW Origin coach? Do you reckon he's gonna tell his forwards to run at Thurston all night?

You're all going off at Lyon for providing nothing in attack, yet when he tried to, you go off at him some more. It was a silly pass, but if Cooper had caught it and got it onto Hayne, who then runs 80 metres to score, you'd all be on here praising him. Same with the kick to Stewart.

Should he be in Origin 3? No, but who else do we have? The only person I could see being brought in is Grothe onto the wing and moving King into the centres (even though, IMO, King did have a poorer game than Lyon but he was playing out of position), but then we need someone to kick goals. Do you trust Hayne with this?

Dutchy

Immortal
Downie said:
Lyon was really poor, yeah, but so were King and Cooper. How many times did you see any of our outside backs with even a little bit of room to move? Compare this to Queensland. It's a coaching problem, not a player problem. Why do we have the North Queensland coach as NSW Origin coach? Do you reckon he's gonna tell his forwards to run at Thurston all night?

You're all going off at Lyon for providing nothing in attack, yet when he tried to, you go off at him some more. It was a silly pass, but if Cooper had caught it and got it onto Hayne, who then runs 80 metres to score, you'd all be on here praising him. Same with the kick to Stewart.

Should he be in Origin 3? No, but who else do we have? The only person I could see being brought in is Grothe onto the wing and moving King into the centres (even though, IMO, King did have a poorer game than Lyon but he was playing out of position), but then we need someone to kick goals. Do you trust Hayne with this?

:clap:

OnTheHill

Juniors
Downie said:

Collis is great goal kicker ;-)

mxlegend99

Referee
Downie said:

All the following are far better options then having Lyon in the team:

Hayne - Collis (gk) - King/Cooper - Grothe

Hayne - King - Cooper - Gordon (gk)

Hayne - King - Cooper - Burt (gk)

Or, a different change, that adds an extra kicking game all round:
Stewart
Hayne
King
Cooper
Grothe
Wallace (gk)
Kimmorley

Downie

Guest Moderator
OnTheHill said:
Collis is great goal kicker ;-)

Isn't he third in line behind Marshall and Hodgson at the Tigers though? If he's as good as you say he is, sure, give him a go at centre with Grothe on his outside.

JJ

Immortal
Downie said:
Why do we have the North Queensland coach as NSW Origin coach? Do you reckon he's gonna tell his forwards to run at Thurston all night?

To me that's the biggest problem - pretty much the only tackles Thurston made were when chasing his own kicks.

sooperdooper

First Grade
lyon was shocking in both games, and in all rep games in the past 12 months done nothing... he is out of his depth!

Stagger eel

Staff member
effnic said:
I agree with the last comment he didnt deserve his spot but gee some of the things u parra fans say are just plain idiotic.

why? because we have an a opinion? you don't have a problem giving it to Tim Smith or Finchy but you get all touchy when we tell the truth about your 700K hack...

grow some balls.

CharlieF

Juniors
eelavation said:
why? because we have an a opinion? you don't have a problem giving it to Tim Smith or Finchy but you get all touchy when we tell the truth about your 700K hack...

grow some balls.

Truth. FMD, he's going to be worth 950k next week.

Get the figures straight if you are goint to quote them.

t-ba

Post Whore
CharlieF said:
Truth. FMD, he's going to be worth 950k next week.

Get the figures straight if you are goint to quote them.

A source, beyond a coy little wink, would be much obliged Eela.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
DeeGan said:
Some mocked a post of mine suggesting Jamie Lyon had received an arm chair ride at rep selection in 2007 - last night, after 240 minutes of rep footy this year, Lyon confirmed he is the most overrated player in the game bar none.

The fact he dominated the Super League suggests their competition is weaker than I thought which is a concern in itself. But that is another thread.

Manly overpaid for this guy, Dennis Fitzgerald is sitting back having a laugh in his office this morning.

hahah i copped it from manly fans after origin 1 when i called him more overated than anasta. he's deadset useless. there are other centres who could provide more such as collis and ben smith (wait is he a blue or a marron?). hoffman would have been a better option at centre than lyon.

he didnt deserve his australian jerseys in the past year and he hasnt deserved his origin jerseys. I dont care if he flicked a ball back in play which was going over the deadball line, he's done nothing and he should replace anasta with the most overated crown

p.s. I'm not a parra fan and dont care that he wallked out, i just dont like the hack getting an armchair ride

V1er

Juniors
Ron Jeremy said:
I'm willing tbeat $1000 that Lyon will retain his spot for the third.

He might even be 5/8 :lol: He certainly isnt the same player he was 3 years ago.