What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jarred Maxwell......

For every good thing Burt does in games against nuffys he does 2 bad things in games that count. He's had a dig the last month, which is more than I can say the first 14 weeks. Crap player to build a culture around, far out I hope we dont let him play till he's 33 like he wants to.

spartan2153

Juniors
Was anyone complaining when we were getting penalty after penalty. I don't think anyone was. We blew it. 1 tackle is all they had to defend. 1 measly tackle

tresurehunt

Juniors
we stood back and watched them throw the ball around, we also had plenty of penalties and opportunity to close it out as well.
it would have been nice to win for hindy,but lets be real here,this squad is going nowhere this year.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It was a shit squad, a million bucks under the cap, playing away, with no realistic chance of making the finals.

I thought we did well to finish with 4 tries apiece.

Bring on 2012.

hindy111

Post Whore
One could argue all hayne had to do was kick the ball clear and we wouldnt be discussing this.
Hayne was terrible tonight.A few good moment but most of his game was rocks or diamonds

Kornstar

Coach
One could argue all hayne had to do was kick the ball clear and we wouldnt be discussing this.
Hayne was terrible tonight.A few good moment but most of his game was rocks or diamonds

He was playing on one leg for most of the match, what do you want him to do?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Since when has League taken on Basket ball rules and called time off in the last 2 mins. Don't care what any one says, you can't call time out for that, it should have been fulltime. That is why Burt didn't run it back into the goals because any other game it would have been fulltime. Since when does the referee tell a side to mplay the ball quickly in the last 2 mins because it is a close game - that is a total joke!!!

Freak2

Juniors
Absolutely shattered.

Nathan deserved better than that!

The double piggy back try before halftime.
The charge down that wasn't a charge down
Or the sprint from Maxwell to get to the ruck with his hands in nte air to stop the clock for a change over with 2 seconds left on the clock.
Or Burty (or even Jarryd Hayne) not going into the dead ball to ground the ball.

Look for the clock to be stopped at EVERY SINGLE CHANGE OVER for the rest of the season!!

Maxwell has always hated us. He is the new Tony Archer - any game I referee Parra, the other team has to win the penalty count and get all the decision has to go against the Eels. He is a muppet.

But yes, agree with the other comments. If the teams were reversed, Maxwell would not have made that call in our favour.

Maxwell has always hated us. He is the new Tony Archer - any game I referee Parra, the other team has to win the penalty count and get all the decision has to go against the Eels. He is a muppet.

But yes, agree with the other comments. If the teams were reversed, Maxwell would not have made that call in our favour.

I don't think the refs hate any sides so your wrong. They are just dumb. He stuffed up big time in the heat of the moment and should be sacked for it.

It was our fault that we let the game get to that stage anyway.

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
Yeah he lost it at a crucial moment. Pressure got to him and he blundered. Harrigan will come out and confirm the blunder. We must lose a game a year like that.

Really we should of killed off that game way before. If we were the better team we would have won the game. Really poor defence on our part cost us the game.