What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jarred Maxwell......

Avenger

Immortal
Really we should of killed off that game way before. If we were the better team we would have won the game. Really poor defence on our part cost us the game.

There is no real mongrel in the team and hasn't been since Dean Pay retired. Ray Price had it in bucket loads.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You're right. Things like when Penrith defenders were laying around under the man trying to play the ball. Over at Melbourne they would just fall over the top of the guy and win a penalty. Not us. We f**king tippy-toe around trying not to hurt him and get a slow play-the-ball.

Lack of killer instinct has hurt this club for over 20 years. It doesn't help that we have a large number of fans that only want nice guys at the club. As soon as we're linked to any player with a bit of merkin about him, they're all up in arms.

Weak as piss.

You're right. Things like when Penrith defenders were laying around under the man trying to play the ball. Over at Melbourne they would just fall over the top of the guy and win a penalty. Not us. We f**king tippy-toe around trying not to hurt him and get a slow play-the-ball.

Lack of killer instinct has hurt this club for over 20 years. It doesn't help that we have a large number of fans that only want nice guys at the club. As soon as we're linked to any player with a bit of merkin about him, they're all up in arms.

Weak as piss.

I don't read your posts cause they are always too long but you have a very good point here.

Delboy

First Grade
Have to say that Luke stuffed up badly, dopey Maxwell had his hand in the air signalling still the 5th, no reaction from Burt who should have just punted it into the stands

Poor awareness really, was pretty obvious when you watch the replay, we beat ourselves again, my wife was very unhappy that the hit on Etu wasnt pulled up, told her these things happen, she said he attacked the head every other game they pull it up. Go figure, thats Maxwell I guess, but Luke didn't do well at all at the end

Bigfella

Coach
We could have won comforably but poor hands and no impact on the right side in attack were very costly.

Their dummy halves were far more dangerous than ours too.

strider

Post Whore
yeah burty had a bit of a shocker - i was pretty pissed off he didn't handle it better when i was watching - but hey its easy to be an armchair critic AFTERWARDS

and yeah nothing bad in the etu one - shit happens .... although i wish someone would rip f'n travis burns head off and ram it up his arse - he was still swing at etu after he'd been knocked out on the ground - burns is a first rate merkin, always has been always will be

VERY disappointing result - i guess its just how our season has gone really

Gordy

Juniors
I thought Keating had a reasonable game Bigfella, but having said that the fella that came on for the Pennies was fantastic and what we lack (Mitchell).

hybrideel

Bench
What Travis Burns did to Etu showed that we are soft as a team. When he tackled him from behind before Coote knocked him out, Burns came over with a swinging arm after Etu was already knocked out. Fair enough he missed and at that stage he may not have known that Etu was out cold but after that he looked at him, had to have seen he was gone, and then just pushed him, got up and walked away. To me that was as bad as what Poore did with Price in origin but not one of our players took any objection to it. Where is the backing up your mates in battle?

What Travis Burns did to Etu showed that we are soft as a team. When he tackled him from behind before Coote knocked him out, Burns came over with a swinging arm after Etu was already knocked out. Fair enough he missed and at that stage he may not have known that Etu was out cold but after that he looked at him, had to have seen he was gone, and then just pushed him, got up and walked away. To me that was as bad as what Poore did with Price in origin but not one of our players took any objection to it. Where is the backing up your mates in battle?

Exactly

Glenn

First Grade

Only problem is you back up your mates, then get a penalty against you for the retaliation.

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
Um, they were probably watching the ball and seeing whether the cover defence would stop the try...

WA Eel

Juniors
If Burt had run the ball dead or kicked it as suggested, Maxwell would probably have just have called time off for the line drop out and we're back to the same situation.

Delboy

First Grade
Had the chance to speak to the coaches earlier in the year, they are well aware of the lack of mongrel, something along the lines of too many teacher types involved in the club.

Surprised they haven't made a move for a "gritty" forward, mind you the ship is pretty watertight against leaks ( and we have all tried)

El Diablo

Post Whore
Maxwell is atrocious

deserves a painful death. would be a fitting end to this pricks existence

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Freddy thought there was nothing wrong with the decison, good for the crowd to get an exciting finish. What an idiot.

hybrideel

Bench
Um, they were probably watching the ball and seeing whether the cover defence would stop the try...

SO not one person in the side or coaching staff was looking at the wellbeing of Etu to notice it. Load of crap, it had to be seen by someone, it's just usual for us to not do anything. And it would have been worth a penalty to give it to that merkin burns