What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jarred Maxwell......

Maxwell is atrocious

deserves a painful death. would be a fitting end to this pricks existence

:lol: it's not that bad is it? What lost it was our defence throughout the whole of the 80. Even when Penrith did score at the end it should of been stopped. Blaming the ref is covering up for slack soft defence by our team. We should of killed em off much earlier.

We have some Mentally weak players in our team who cannot concentrate for the whole 80. We have players that won't defend their mate while he's lying on the ground. Someone should have wacked Travis Burns but our soft players stand there and take it.

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
What lost it was our defence throughout the whole of the 80. Even when Penrith did score at the end it should of been stopped. Blaming the ref is covering up for slack soft defence by our team.
What a load of crap.

Penrith scored early, then the only other try they scored that was from their own normal attack came just before halftime. Apart from that, they scored off a dropped ball, and at the end where they were just chucking it around hoping for the best.

Our defence actually stood up and scrambled well to save tries last night.

The first try was the only one that i was critical of - the right side of our defence were standing 15 metres out and backed off so that by the time Jennings made the pass he was only a couple of metres out. Bad call, but that mistake came from inexperience at dealing with someone like Jennings, and will get better.

Eelementary

Post Whore
:lol: it's not that bad is it? What lost it was our defence throughout the whole of the 80. Even when Penrith did score at the end it should of been stopped. Blaming the ref is covering up for slack soft defence by our team. We should of killed em off much earlier.

We have some Mentally weak players in our team who cannot concentrate for the whole 80. We have players that won't defend their mate while he's lying on the ground. Someone should have wacked Travis Burns but our soft players stand there and take it.

And what would that have achieved? Seriously?

Let's say someone (say, Reni or Benny) went out and belted Burns. Let's say the shot was high. Anything could have happened - he could have been penalised, sent off, put on report...Worse yet, the coach may have had a word with him. For all we know, Kearney doesn't want the boys getting wrapped up in retribution when there is footy to be played, and going and belting a bloke, whilst showing camaraderie, achieves nothing.

boxhead

First Grade
Have to say that Luke stuffed up badly, dopey Maxwell had his hand in the air signalling still the 5th, no reaction from Burt who should have just punted it into the stands

Poor awareness really, was pretty obvious when you watch the replay, we beat ourselves again, my wife was very unhappy that the hit on Etu wasnt pulled up, told her these things happen, she said he attacked the head every other game they pull it up. Go figure, thats Maxwell I guess, but Luke didn't do well at all at the end

That's f**king rubbish and you know it. Burt would have assumed the same thing as anyone else; it was a charge-down and it was our ball anyway. Why bother wasting energy by taking it into touch or kicking it dead in-goal when he would have assumed no matter what happened it would have been our ball anyway.
How anyone can blame Burt for what happened at the end of the game is beyond f**king ridiculous.

hybrideel

Bench
And what would that have achieved? Seriously?

Let's say someone (say, Reni or Benny) went out and belted Burns. Let's say the shot was high. Anything could have happened - he could have been penalised, sent off, put on report...Worse yet, the coach may have had a word with him. For all we know, Kearney doesn't want the boys getting wrapped up in retribution when there is footy to be played, and going and belting a bloke, whilst showing camaraderie, achieves nothing.

What it would achieve is making other team have a 2nd thought about trying any rough stuff against us. At the moment any other team knows they can get in the dirty shit and we will just stand and cop it. Sometimes it's worth giving away a penalty or 2 away to let people know you won't take their crap. It doesn't have to be every game, just here and there so we get rid of the soft monicker that other teams have of us.
Even Kearney mentioned something about it when he first came here

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Not gonna blame Burt, 9 times out of 10 if a kicks rebounds off an opponent its 6 again. Having watched the replay it was a correct call.

Burty obviously thought it was 6 more tackles.

My issue is the "Time off" call with 1 second to go which gave Penrith a chance. And the amount of Penrith players off side in Golden Point, one of the reasons why I hate golden point.

Another thing, why the hell didnt Hayne kick it straight away instead of stopping, dummying and then kicking it straight into the Penrith player.

stuke

Bench
What it would achieve is making other team have a 2nd thought about trying any rough stuff against us. At the moment any other team knows they can get in the dirty shit and we will just stand and cop it. Sometimes it's worth giving away a penalty or 2 away to let people know you won't take their crap. It doesn't have to be every game, just here and there so we get rid of the soft monicker that other teams have of us.

2005 when Barrett king hit PJ...Cayless leading the charge with his pack behind him ready to rip Barrett's head off. will always remember that!

stand up to be counted as a team!

Eelementary

Post Whore

How do you know he hasn't instructed his players to not do it? Do you remember how pissed he looked when Jarryd and Hindy got binned against the Dogs?

If he says he doesn't want players to get retribution, he's the boss - it's his word and you obey it. Luckily the two blokes who had brain explosions were our captain and best player - the two blokes most unlikely to get dropped for disobeying.

Eelementary

Post Whore
2005 when Barrett king hit PJ...Cayless leading the charge with his pack behind him ready to rip Barrett's head off. will always remember that!

stand up to be counted as a team!

Yah - but see, maybe Brian had no issues with it. Kearney might. He might want the guys to ignore that stuff.

End of the day, we were lucky in 2005 - with the way refs love penalising blokes for racing in and whatnot, we were lucky it didn't cost us the try.

For the record I don't disagree with the idea. I am just saying it mightn't achieve much.

salvy71

Juniors
If Burt had run the ball dead or kicked it as suggested, Maxwell would probably have just have called time off for the line drop out and we're back to the same situation.

Nope - you have 40 seconds to take a line dropout ....that would have been game set and match but in the heat of the moment you could say that burt lost his composure , in the end I can't complain too much ....I thought our try (can't remember who scored it ) that was assisted by another player driving the eventual tryscorer into the in goal and helping him ground the ball should have been disallowed ...just as it was for qld in the 3rd origin game .

Last edited:

boxhead

First Grade
Nope - you have 40 seconds to take a line dropout ....that would have been game set and match but in the heat of the moment you could say that burt lost his composure , in the end I can't complain too much ....I thought our try (can't remember who scored it ) that was assisted by another player driving the eventual tryscorer into the in goal and helping him ground the ball should have been disallowed ...just as it was for qld in the 3rd origin game .

Burt is in no way at fault. Like everyone else, he would've assumed it was 6 to go. Jared Maxwell didn't make it clear that it was 6 to go so how could he have known?

salvy71

Juniors
Burt is in no way at fault. Like everyone else, he would've assumed it was 6 to go. Jared Maxwell didn't make it clear that it was 6 to go so how could he have known?

I won't say that Burt lost the game , but he took the wrong option , even if it was 6 to go which I think most of us assumed , it would still be a safer option to run into the in goal , chew up the last couple of seconds and boot the ball out , rather than run the ball back and risk losing it or having it stripped - I recall benji running into the in goal and doing exactly that a few weeks ago .....but it's easy to know what to do after the event or watching from the sideline ...I feel sorry for Burt ....you could see how distraught he was after penrith scored ....even worse for the poor bloke his potential match winning field goal hits the post .......they should of been able to wrap the ball up and not allow that final try no matter what happened .

spiderdan

Bench
If the ref doesn't blow time off it's a turn over and we don't get a chance to get back on-side. It was the wrong call by the ref but it benefitted us as the panthers would have got the turn over with 10 sec to go and half our team offside.

The refs were crap for most of the match (the bod try should have been no try based on the origin ruling and the fact that the driver play was outlawed about 10 yrs ago when Matt Elliot used it at the raiders). Simple fact of the matter is that while our squad is improving we just aren't good enough to put sides away consistently right now.

spiderdan

Bench
I won't say that Burt lost the game , but he took the wrong option , even if it was 6 to go which I think most of us assumed , it would still be a safer option to run into the in goal , chew up the last couple of seconds and boot the ball out , rather than run the ball back and risk losing it or having it stripped - I recall benji running into the in goal and doing exactly that a few weeks ago .....but it's easy to know what to do after the event or watching from the sideline ...I feel sorry for Burt ....you could see how distraught he was after penrith scored ....even worse for the poor bloke his potential match winning field goal hits the post .......they should of been able to wrap the ball up and not allow that final try no matter what happened .
He should have just ran it over the sideline. From memory there was a game a few years back (dragons v panthers from memory) where the ball got run dead by gower i think it was and time was stopped. Apparently that's the rule. The last few seconds of that game went for ages.

salvy71

Juniors
He should have just ran it over the sideline. From memory there was a game a few years back (dragons v panthers from memory) where the ball got run dead by gower i think it was and time was stopped. Apparently that's the rule. The last few seconds of that game went for ages.

Yeah he could of done that ...although with only a few seconds left the siren would have gone by the time he did run backwards into the in-goal ..and it still would of been game over once the ball was out of play .
I thought stgeorge made the ball dead in last years prelim final against the tigers with a few seconds left and it was called game over but I may be mistaken .

jono

Juniors
Shouldve ran back ala Tony Iro.
My thoughts exactly , was sitting next to a Panthers fan and said to him on the last tackle , Hayne should just dance around like he does and run back away , to chew up the clock.
Even when he kicked , he should have just dribbled it over the sideline.
But agree with everyone else , the killer was the time-off. How come time off in the 80th minute but not in the 5th?
That said we should have iced that game at 22-16 , the good sides have a knack of doing that.

eel01s

Bench
Unfortunately there are a lot of "could haves, would haves and should haves".

What really pi**ed me off was watching us set up our two field goal attempts - they were hopeless. Notice how Petero ran straight at Burt?

Then to watch Penrith, who were tackled 10m from the sideline on the last, easily manage to pass twice to Walsh in centrefield, only for him to slot the field goal with no pressure on him whatsoever.

Pathetic.

BTW, did POH get on the field?

Latest posts