What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jarrod Croker: about to destroy record books near you

myrrh ken

First Grade
He's an NRL and World All-Star and probably in the top 25 centres in the State.

Although only 28, looks and moves as fast as someone with much greater experience.

Amazing longevity in the game. Looks after his body well by wisely choosing not to play in inter-state and international fixtures, or play with any physicality.

He is deceptive. While relatively big, has very little physical presence or impact.

Effective leader and extremely compliant with the referees.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Thanks to those who mentioned it - no one rocks the white headgear/neck beard look like Crokes.

One of the great fashionistas of the game

skeepe

Immortal
The lack of respect for Mr. Jarrod Croker in this thread is disgraceful.

He’s much better than your best centre.

He can beat his man one on one with almost monotonous regularity.

His crunching defence is some of the best in the game.

He’s scored more points than any other back in the game today, and is on track to be the highest pointscorer in the history of the game.

He’s scored more tries than any other player who has ever played for the Raiders.

He’s the best captain in the NRL.

He’s the best young centre in the game today, and my favourite player.

bileduct

Coach
He's destined for ESL when his contract is up at the end of next year.

Raiders can't afford to keep carrying this mental midget if they want to win a premiership.

skeepe

Immortal

Raiders can't afford to keep carrying this mental midget if they want to win a premiership.

Not a chance. I’ll be looking forward to your tears when he re-signs.

Did he root your boyfriend Biley ? Why the hate from an obvious raiders supporter

Spot On

Coach
He's an NRL and World All-Star and probably in the top 25 centres in the State.

Although only 28, looks and moves as fast as someone with much greater experience.

Amazing longevity in the game. Looks after his body well by wisely choosing not to play in inter-state and international fixtures, or play with any physicality.

He is deceptive. While relatively big, has very little physical presence or impact.

Effective leader and extremely compliant with the referees.
Can't argue with that.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I like croker he is the rare example of someone who is somehow both underrated and overrated. His defense isnt as bad as people say. Most tries he lets in now are from a bad read (often not even from him) like every centre on earth. He used to get bullied by bigger centres but that was like a decade ago at this point.

Beej and Croker would coincidentally be questioned on their defense whenever they were defending next to austin. It was just spooky that whenever sticky swapped the side Austin was defending on the centre next to him stopped being able to defend.

On the other hand there are Raiders fans that rate him to the point of insanity. That even questioning if he is as good as beej and cotric is disrespectful to the club

mongoose

Coach
I said in another thread somewhere he is probably the best player in the NRL at chasing attacking kicks, hence all his tries. Anyone who denies that quality is an idiot. Just because a centre isn't in the Inglis/Mitchell mold doesn't make his worthless.

_snafu_

Immortal
The lack of respect for Mr. Jarrod Croker in this thread is disgraceful.

He’s much better than your best centre.

He can beat his man one on one with almost monotonous regularity.

His crunching defence is some of the best in the game.

He’s scored more points than any other back in the game today, and is on track to be the highest pointscorer in the history of the game.

He’s scored more tries than any other player who has ever played for the Raiders.

He’s the best captain in the NRL.

He’s the best young centre in the game today, and my favourite player.

I lol'd

mozza91

Coach
On the other hand there are Raiders fans that rate him to the point of insanity. That even questioning if he is as good as beej and cotric is disrespectful to the club
This is the issue for the Raiders. They’re having a great year and are capable of winning the comp. But to beat the Roosters or Melbourne in the big games they’ll need to find something extra.

Croker is pretty solid and won’t lose you a game but BJ and Cotric are capable of winning a game with a dominant performance. You want them getting as much ball as possible and not have Croker stifling your attack.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
All those points yet and his career defining moment is missing a penalty goal
It is sad that this has some truth to it. So many plodders and merkins have been gifted rep jerseys or been the weakest link in a premiership side and have the memory for life yet Jarrod has appearances for 2 concepts that will probably never be seen again and a missed penalty when he has nailed so many from the sideline at crucial moments to win games.

TheFrog

Coach
This is the issue for the Raiders. They’re having a great year and are capable of winning the comp. But to beat the Roosters or Melbourne in the big games they’ll need to find something extra.
I could be wrong, but if either of the above turn it on, I think the Raiders will be found wanting in defence. They'll have done fantastically well just to occupy the same footy field as one of the Big 2 in a final.

BadnMean

Juniors

Croker is pretty solid and won’t lose you a game but BJ and Cotric are capable of winning a game with a dominant performance. You want them getting as much ball as possible and not have Croker stifling your attack.

Mate he's comfortably in the top 8 centres in the comp in attacking stats, top 3 or top 5 for some in tries, try assists, line breaks, line break assists & the winger outside him is our = second try scorer this season... Hardly stifling the attack.

mozza91

Coach
Mate he's comfortably in the top 8 centres in the comp in attacking stats, top 3 or top 5 for some in tries, try assists, line breaks, line break assists & the winger outside him is our = second try scorer this season... Hardly stifling the attack.
Fair enough. But I saw him blow 3 tries in about 10 minutes against the Warriors the other week.