What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jarrod Mullen picked as NSW halfback

Raider Azz

Bench
the sydney papers pretty much decided mullen was going to get picked all week. it was always going to happen.

IMO he isn't ready yet, but whatever. im going for queensland anyway.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Raider Azz said:
the sydney papers pretty much decided mullen was going to get picked all week. it was always going to happen.

IMO he isn't ready yet, but whatever. im going for queensland anyway.

agreed
good luck to the kid, personally i fear it will be a brett finch type of performance

he'll either do nothing and until the death, ie kick a field goal
or he'll have a shocker

hope im wrong

Generalzod

Immortal
I hope and pray that Mullens ends up doing something like Kimmorley did last year and let it be plasted in the papers and in every media outlet for days, weeks on end..............Amen.

astrogirl

First Grade
Generalzod said:
I hope and pray that Mullens ends up doing something like Kimmorley did last year and let it be plasted in the papers and in every media outlet for days, weeks on end..............Amen.
Wow, any particular reason why u would wish that on someone?!

aqua_duck

Coach
Generalzod said:
Kimmorley through one pass and was never let to forget about it...
If yu watch tat game again Kimmorley hd a shocker the entire game, wasn't just THAT pass. Kimmorley has had his chances in origin and has never taken the bull by the horns. I think say joey johns threw that pass last year, he still would have gotten picked the next game

astrogirl

First Grade
Also there is a fair difference between wishing a disgraceful performance on someone, compared to making a statement of fact/opinion about Kimmorley's dud pass/performance which has actually happened.

Generalzod

Immortal
astrogirl said:
Also there is a fair difference between wishing a disgraceful performance on someone, compared to making a statement of fact/opinion about Kimmorley's dud pass/performance which has actually happened.

He did have a shocker but so did the whole team...

aqua_duck

Coach
Generalzod said:
Nah not hatred..Mullens has played a hand full of games for Newcastle, and already his selected to the half back position....
yeah but tht's no reason to wish on him something so nasty. I mean he nver asked to be picked, on the contrary Smithy asked them not to pick him but they have picked him and I reckon best of luck to him, at the end of the day he's only a kid

Generalzod

Immortal
I hope he goes well, I hope does nothing stupid for the media will turn on him the way they turned on Kimmorley...

perverse

Referee
i can't believe anyone from NSW would condemn this kid because the selectors picked him. he could be our future and is one of the only hopes we have of stopping the thurston/lockyer/inglis + more onslaught over the next 5 - 10 years...

it is a bit early, but i really hope he has a blinder behind a real forward pack with talented players around him to set his doubters straight. this thread is pathetic. go give yourselves an uppercut and support the kid. if the NSW supporters don't support him, who is going to?

perverse

Referee
Raider_69 said:
stopped reading there
uppercut time mate, double or triple?
i said one of. your precious carney is also included in the list of HOPEFULS.

give yourself an uppercut for jumping the gun.

-edit- adding to that - if you think mullen isn't one of NSW's only hopes for the future then you've even less knowledge of football then i thought. dead set you nuffy, pull your head out of carneys arse and leave your bias at the door. carney will get his time, but has played most of this year at #6. it's anastas fault he's not playing origin this year, not mullens. well actually truth be known it's the selectors fault. -/edit-

Raider_69

Post Whore
one of the only hopes?
please mate, there is a plethora of young talent in this code, and NSW arent immune to that, Mullen and Carney will be leading the charge but there are plenty of other blokes who will aid them in bring another era of blues dominance

Farah, Stewart, Hoffman, Thom Learoyd-Lahrs, Creagh, Gasnier... just with 3 seconds of thinking.

perverse

Referee
Raider_69 said:
one of the only hopes?
please mate, there is a plethora of young talent in this code, and NSW arent immune to that, Mullen and Carney will be leading the charge but there are plenty of other blokes who will aid them in bring another era of blues dominance

Farah, Stewart, Hoffman, Thom Learoyd-Lahrs, Creagh, Gasnier... just with 3 seconds of thinking.
none of those are halfbacks.

but thanks for trying.

perverse said:
none of those are halfbacks.

but thanks for trying.

To be fair to Raider69, you didnt exactly mention that you were talking about halves directly, you only mentioned people that play in the halves.....thanks for trying.

perverse

Referee
VictorTheViking said:
To be fair to Raider69, you didnt exactly mention that you were talking about halves directly, you only mentioned people that play in the halves.....thanks for trying.
and how many origin teams have been successful without a good halves pairing?

a vast minority i would wager.