What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jarrod Saffy feels out Dragons

DragonBuck

Juniors
This is a couple of weeks old but hoping it will happen

Former St George Illawarra prop Jarrod Saffy set to rejoin NRL

St George Illawarra premiership winner Jarrod Saffy has signalled his intentions to return to rugby league this season.
Fairfax Media understands Saffy has made contact with his former club and flagged the possibility of returning to St George Illawarra before the end of the June 30 transfer period.
The prop last played rugby league in St George Illawarra’s 2010 premiership win against the Roosters.
Advertisement
He made the switch to rugby union, joining the Melbourne Rebels for three seasons, and is now playing for Union Sportive Bressane in the French second division, where he signed a one-year contract.
That season ends in May, enabling Saffy to play out the remainder of this season in the NRL. South African-born Saffy had a strong junior rugby career, playing for the Australian schoolboys and Australian sevens. His most recent stint in the 15-a-side game was plagued by a serious neck injury, which threatened to end his career prematurely.

Jarrod Saffy tries to make a break for the Melbourne Rebels in Super Rugby last year against the Stormers. Photo: Getty Images

It is understood the 29-year-old’s first preference is returning to the Dragons, having played 53 games in a three-year stint at the club after making his NRL debut for the Wests Tigers in 2006.
While the Dragons may turn down Saffy’s services, he could link up with former coach Wayne Bennett at the Knights who, along with Manly, are still looking to bolster their forward stocks.

DRAGONSNZ

Bench
Please NO!!! I was a fan of Jarrod Saffys before he went to Rugby, But I think he is past his best and is NOT the sort of prop we are looking for, we already have smaller guys playing frontrow and he will be no different, we need Size and heaps of it.

Price did have a point yesterday though, size shouldn't matter if there is 2 100kg players tackling Them, that's irrelavent( shit starting to sound like Pricey now ) ahhhhhh..

If we need a bit of Mongrel my best Mate played Pro Rugby in NZ (prop)but got life ban for hitting ref but he got ALL the MONGREL and prefers playing League anyway, Anyone know Dousty? This Bloke would honestly run full steam at Kasiano with no Hesitation and he wont even have the ball!!!

Also 6'2 130kg anymore Mongrel Wanted? age 26 and will play for dragons/cutters for FREE( hes a Dragons fan) LOL

DRAGONSNZ

Bench
The [COLOR=black said:
Cobra[/COLOR];10146874;42087]For fux sake send his phone no. to Dousty

I am trying too LOL but I think The 'bros' quoter is up, maybe next decade.. please if anyone knows someone on the board or recruitment staff, give me there number please, I will find all the MONGREL we need, I want to see my club successful again. MONGREL and size is all we are lacking(along with a new coach and Board)

Last edited:

Smurf

Juniors
If Saffy signs we will probably win the NSW
Cup as he will play for the Cutters.
There is no chance Super Coach (not ) Price will
pick him

bottle

Coach
I'd say take him simply because we have gotten to the point of desperation and I'm prepared to try anything.
But can we afford him, or anyone now for that matter?
All the talk of having to offload someone for Benji makes me wonder if we have money left for this year.
If not, the only way to make room is to offload someone. They have to agree to go, and have somewhere to go. Who would want our rejects? They're usually someone else's rejects first.

Minh

First Grade
He'd rot away in the Cutters anyway, the team is already mostly predetermined......Hunt in the eyes of Price is a Webke, Lazarus even, penciled in as the teams forwards leader/enforcer.:crazy:

jenninga

First Grade
If Saffy signs we will probably win the NSW
Cup as he will play for the Cutters.
There is no chance Super Coach (not ) Price will
pick him

Blond hair ,blue eyes,good chance Price will pick him.
Looking at the Parra pack last night,Manu Mau looks like a mean mother f#*ker and that Junior Paulo coming off the bench,who do we have coming off the bench or even starting,looks like a wedding party with boys in suits.

DRAGONSNZ

Bench
Blond hair ,blue eyes,good chance Price will pick him.
Looking at the Parra pack last night,Manu Mau looks like a mean mother f#*ker and that Junior Paulo coming off the bench,who do we have coming off the bench or even starting,looks like a wedding party with boys in suits.

This is exactly what ive been saying Jenninga, we need more kiwis in the pack, im sick of looking at these surfer boys getting tossed around every week, theres plenty of them over here, why is there no scouting here? I heard it on a NZ nrl show from Ben Hornby and he says they prefer to look in there own backyard first which is good but come on, WE NEED SOME MONGREL AND ITS NOT COMING OUT OF THE CLUBS REGION SO SEND THEM SCOUTS OVER HERE OR ILL DO IT FOR FREE

The saffy 2014 model is no where near the same as the 2010 model. I saw a fair bit of him playing union and honestly he isn't half the player he was since his neck injury. Despite being only 29 he is no longer up to nrl standard.
which is exactly why price would sign him!

Latest posts