What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jarryd Hayne buggers off from NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

T.S Quint

Coach
He's very lucky the Niners recovered the ball.
Jarryd is still learning. You would think that this would be done on the practice squad, but obviously Tomsula sees enough in him to have him playing - not just as first-string punt returner, but also third-string running back.
I hope he keeps getting opportunities and improves.

In related news, how f**king good is it to finally get a win!!!
Kap was in fine form again.

We still have a major problem with our offensive line. We can't get any sort of run game going. Hyde is a beast, but he needs holes opened up for him.
Also the defensive line is still struggling with the pass rush. Opposing QBs have a mile of time every play. Really missing Justin Smith, Ray MacDonald (f**king idiot) and Aldon Smith (f**king idiot).

I'm really afraid that NaVarro Bowman is struggling. He is fine against the run, but his coverage on passing plays is almost non-existent. He has lost a step of speed and gets burnt by the Wrs and TEs he has to cover. They need to come up with a defensive scheme that is going to suit him right now or else we will just continue to give up easy yards through the centre of the field.

Big game next week - Seahaks in Seattle.
I f**king hate the Seahawks!

T.S Quint

Coach
Bush is made of glass.
Hyde is starting to break down.
Davis is shit.
Hayne has only ever played 6 games of the sport.

No surprises they are trying out another RB.

They put Kendall Hunter on the Injured Reserve list at the beginning of the year. Wonder when he comes off it.

How Hayne is on the 53 man roster is beyond me.

Nothing against him, as he's doing his best and i'm sure the more opportuinties he gets the better he'll do, but he's been elevated over a number of more qualified personnel on the strength of his punt returns. 6 weeks in he has 3 fumbles and a 37 yard career high return. How is that worthy of being kept on the roster? 1 big PR exercise in a season they've written off.

How Hayne is on the 53 man roster is beyond me.

Nothing against him, as he's doing his best and i'm sure the more opportuinties he gets the better he'll do, but he's been elevated over a number of more qualified personnel on the strength of his punt returns. 6 weeks in he has 3 fumbles and a 37 yard career high return. How is that worthy of being kept on the roster? 1 big PR exercise in a season they've written off.

Maybe because they reckon he has considerable upside, and they own him for 3-years if they want to keep him. And they reckon that he'll develop more quickly with game time. If they cut him from the roster (other than playing an 'injured reserve' game) he can walk. You half answered your own question......the season was a write-off some time ago......

Kornstar

Coach
Bush is made of glass.
Hyde is starting to break down.
Davis is shit.
Hayne has only ever played 6 games of the sport.

No surprises they are trying out another RB.

They put Kendall Hunter on the Injured Reserve list at the beginning of the year. Wonder when he comes off it.

I'm sure they released Hunter didn't they? It was not long after putting him on IR.

Maybe because they reckon he has considerable upside, and they own him for 3-years if they want to keep him. And they reckon that he'll develop more quickly with game time. If they cut him from the roster (other than playing an 'injured reserve' game) he can walk. You half answered your own question......the season was a write-off some time ago......

That's what the practice squad is for. Next year he'll be a 28 year old with a year of punt returning experience and there'll be another group of draftees. At the moment they have 1 Hyde 2 Bush 3 Hayne. Bush hasn't stayed healthy for the last 3 seasons. So realistically they have 1 Hyde 2 Hayne and aren't giving Hayne a role as a RB. Hyde is getting far too many carries, and is breaking down as he isn't being adequately backed up. It really makes no sense.

Sooner or later they'll identify (If they haven't already with Pierre Thomas working out) that they need a 3rd down back. Hayne will be lucky to be in the squad next year. It all seems like a really silly experiment on the Niners behalf. I hope he gets the chance to take a punt to the house and send our media stupid, and get idiots like Matt Johns saying how every athlete in the NRL could do what Hayne just did, but outside of that I don't see him having a big future role in the NFL. An organisation with it's shit together wouldn't be playing him now.

So to get Hayne game day experience you burn out your RB and risk getting Kap snapped in hald by protection breakdowns? Just a dumb move by the Niners. The 'upside' isn't worth it.

That's what the practice squad is for. Next year he'll be a 28 year old with a year of punt returning experience and there'll be another group of draftees. At the moment they have 1 Hyde 2 Bush 3 Hayne. Bush hasn't stayed healthy for the last 3 seasons. So realistically they have 1 Hyde 2 Hayne and aren't giving Hayne a role as a RB. Hyde is getting far too many carries, and is breaking down as he isn't being adequately backed up. It really makes no sense.

Sooner or later they'll identify (If they haven't already with Pierre Thomas working out) that they need a 3rd down back. Hayne will be lucky to be in the squad next year. It all seems like a really silly experiment on the Niners behalf. I hope he gets the chance to take a punt to the house and send our media stupid, and get idiots like Matt Johns saying how every athlete in the NRL could do what Hayne just did, but outside of that I don't see him having a big future role in the NFL. An organisation with it's shit together wouldn't be playing him now.

So, did you read the bit of my post that referred to the fact that if they keep him on the 53 man roster they control him for 3 years? If they cut him to the practice squad, he is effectively a free agent. Now, they may well do this at some point this year, but if they think he is decent chance of making it in the long run, they run the risk of losing the improved player.

And re your 2nd post, yep, his pass protection was bad on Monday....but you're painting the picture as if Hayne has been causing this problem all year. He hasn't. The 9ers have certainly made some awful recruiting decisions, but problem #1 has been the unavailability of Bush. I suspect that Hayne was intended to be the 4th string RB, and PR.

T.S Quint

Coach
I'm sure they released Hunter didn't they? It was not long after putting him on IR.

I don't think so. Still on IR as far as I know.
You may be right...I just haven't heard anything about it.

Edit: just looked it up. He has been waived by the Niners. You were right.
Cheers mate.

Last edited:

Kornstar

Coach
I don't think so. Still on IR as far as I know.
You may be right...I just haven't heard anything about it.

Edit: just looked it up. He has been waived by the Niners. You were right.
Cheers mate.

No worries, I just remember seeing it on NFL.com or possibly reddit.

Status
Not open for further replies.