What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jarryd Hayne - Make him an Eel for Life

Suitman

Post Whore
My second son was born a few hours after the '09 Bulldogs preliminary final match. That was possibly the best night of my life.

I'm sure it was.
Being at the birth of ANY child is a highlight of anyon'e's life. I've been lucky twice.

Sensational Maroubra.

Suity

Ratchy

Juniors
I guess we can take it for what it's worth but on The Sunday Footy Show last week in an interview Hayne did say he would love be a 1 club man like Hindy and Burt.

lucablight

First Grade
Great thread Avenger. Always enjoy reading your posts. We made the mistake once of letting the warriors get a sniff of Mateo by prioritising lesser players in front of him and we ended up losing him. We cannot allow that mistake to be repeated. The consequences would be a million times worse. The funny thing is the same people who bag Hayne for being a prima donna when the team is struggling are the same hypocrites who jump on the bandwagon when he wins us games. The idea of Hayne playing for another club is just wrong.

Parra Pride

Coach
I guess we can take it for what it's worth but on The Sunday Footy Show last week in an interview Hayne did say he would love be a 1 club man like Hindy and Burt.

Let's hope he follows through and stays a one club player.

#I'dPrayForItButIDon'tBelieveInGod

attamarrap

Juniors
Nothing would destroy me more than to see Jarryd line up against the eels give him whatever he wants

#whateverhewants

Great thread Avenger. Always enjoy reading your posts. We made the mistake once of letting the warriors get a sniff of Mateo by prioritising lesser players in front of him and we ended up losing him. We cannot allow that mistake to be repeated. The consequences would be a million times worse. The funny thing is the same people who bag Hayne for being a prima donna when the team is struggling are the same hypocrites who jump on the bandwagon when he wins us games. The idea of Hayne playing for another club is just wrong.

They are the ones who know nothing.

Johns Magic

Referee
Nothing better to watch than Hayne on fire.

Speed of a sprinter, agility of a dancer, strength of a front-rower and skills of the very best halves. Not convinced he has the heart of a champion(I think he has it in him though) but when he decides he's going to take the game by the scruff of the neck he really is in a league of his own.

The three best purple-patches of form I can remember would be Johns 05, Campese 08 and Hayne 09. If I had to split them I'd say Hayne's was the pick of the bunch.

I've heard his commitment to training leaves a bit to be desired, but I hope you guys come good soon and Hayne stays an Eel for life so we can see him pulling out those performances in big games.

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Agree on everything said, we must not lose Hayne under any circumstances. I really do think if we do lose Hayne it won't be to another NRL team.

Mickyd39

Juniors
Hayne needs to be signed ASAP.

I'm sure the club and him are waiting on the TV deal and the new salary cap before they try to re sign him.

They should try to lock him up now and have clauses in the contract around the TV deal and salary cap.

Hayne must be a priority.

If he is not re signed, the board, coach and everyone else involved in letting him go must be sacked.

It would be heartbreaking to see him play against Parra.

Tony Bongo

Bench
It's up to Hayne to make himself an Eel for Life. I would offer him more than any other player we have for sure, but there is no doubt that to give our team balance it will require him to stay for less than what he could get going elsewhere and in particular switching codes. He has the opportunity to be an Eels Legend and the ability to perhaps become our greatest player ever. I hope he takes that opportunity with both hands and remains loyal to the Blue and Gold.

TheRam

Coach
Nothing would destroy me more than to see Jarryd line up against the eels give him whatever he wants

#whateverhewants

There are only two people in Rugby League that I would give and do whatever it took to keep them or get them.

1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Des Hasler.