What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jarrys Hayne

NT_Eelsfan

Juniors
this kid is playing so well lately, hes putting big hits on as well as making good calls in attacks and defense. im also glad to say that an eel has won nrl.com hit of the year for last round and it was jarryd... yay

Stagger eel

Staff member
the big hits are actually worrying me a little, he could easilly do his shoulder in if he's not careful.

Hurriflatch

Referee
He isn't leading with the shoulder too much though

the hit against the Tigers was more front on body contact and the hit against the Warriors while leading with the shoulder was more a regulation tackle that was just a massive hit.

He isn't going in for a huge shoulder charge like Benji or SBW who have had big problems with their injuries

Hindyscrack

Bench
eelavation said:
the big hits are actually worrying me a little, he could easilly do his shoulder in if he's not careful.

both hits have been the result of excellent technique. He is less likely to get injured from the two shots he's put on then most regulation tackles.

NT_Eelsfan

Juniors
just remembering back to Haynes try, feleti was reminiscent of thurston in that run and turn on the outside in to pass the ball and Hayne was reminiscent of Bowen coming up the inside at pace straight through them

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hindyscrack said:
both hits have been the result of excellent technique. He is less likely to get injured from the two shots he's put on then most regulation tackles.

you're probably right and I'm not an afficianato on tackling techniques but I do know that those sort of tackles are a high risk for person who's doing it.

Utey

Coach
How good is his technique. I remember PJ Marsh giving our side a session on the proper way to lead with the shoulder. Jarryd executes is perfectly.

Parra Guru

Coach
Patten's hit was bloody good, but Jarryd's was probably better exectued... 'right off the meat of the bat'

and dodge, we already have HJ to correct spelling and grammar, we don't need 2 ;-)

JOB 3:14

Juniors
<UPtheEELS> said:
How good is his technique. I remember PJ Marsh giving our side a session on the proper way to lead with the shoulder. Jarryd executes is perfectly.

I agree. Hayne has got very good technique.