What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason Ryles - Head coach of Parramatta from 2025

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Hmmm…it would seem others feel differently
'Others' are primed to believe the worst about Brad Arthur because they want to believe he is the reason we haven't won a premiership in 38 years. Or at the very least, he is one in a long string of scapegoats that if we can just eradicate them from the club we will be a force again. Just like we were when poker machine money provided a decisive edge over the competition.

But I don't believe just sacking enough people (or voting them out) will transform us. The reason is that I don't think it's ever been the people we have that are the problem. The reason for our relative lack of success is all the people we don't have that the top clubs do. Obviously the retort to this is "If you sack them, they will come". But I can't see how exceptional board members, administrators and coaches will appear out of nowhere if only enough space is created for them. It hasn't happened so far anyway. There is high demand for these great men, and if you listen to the TCT interview with Bernie Gurr, the demand will only increase as more clubs enter the competition with expansion.
Pou and others’ only apparent piece of evidence, was from before he even joined the eels. Ouch.
This just proves he has been feeling guilty about putting his family second to his coaching career since before he came to our club. It makes sense then that he would want a good enough job to keep them in the back seat. That isn't dealing with part time footballers in pathways or the NRLW. It is Mickey Mouse.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Hmmm…it would seem others feel differently, but each to their own. The highlight was when we found that this family reasons quote that everyone was shouting from the roof tops, which was Pou and others’ only apparent piece of evidence, was from before he even joined the eels. Ouch.
That was some awesome detective work!

Happy MEel

First Grade
It's definitely a theory.
as is yours, nothing more.

My theory isn't that he left the club for family reasons, my theory is that he went to the Gold Coast for family reasons. My theory on why he left Parra was because he didn't like the job(s) we gave him after he finished his review.
You replied to @Gazzamatta who questioned why he left (referring to the eels, not Sydney) saying “He said why he left; family reasons”. We now know you ballsed up and linked a 12 month old quote from when he lost his job with his former employer.

Also a theory, though unlikely since he is back.
Agreed.

My theory has the most legs, as it is plausible and free of melodrama.
My theory has the most legs as the timeline and events that have occurred since he initially left make sense. It also isnt based off a quote I’ve misreferenced.

See, I can play the “I’m right because I said so” game as well.

Last edited:

Pazza

First Grade
'Others' are primed to believe the worst about Brad Arthur because they want to believe he is the reason we haven't won a premiership in 38 years. Or at the very least, he is one in a long string of scapegoats that if we can just eradicate them from the club we will be a force again. Just like we were when poker machine money provided a decisive edge over the competition.

But I don't believe just sacking enough people (or voting them out) will transform us. The reason is that I don't think it's ever been the people we have that are the problem. The reason for our relative lack of success is all the people we don't have that the top clubs do. Obviously the retort to this is "If you sack them, they will come". But I can't see how exceptional board members, administrators and coaches will appear out of nowhere if only enough space is created for them. It hasn't happened so far anyway. There is high demand for these great men, and if you listen to the TCT interview with Bernie Gurr, the demand will only increase as more clubs enter the competition with expansion.

This just proves he has been feeling guilty about putting his family second to his coaching career since before he came to our club. It makes sense then that he would want a good enough job to keep them in the back seat. That isn't dealing with part time footballers in pathways or the NRLW. It is Mickey Mouse.

So your ethos is to sit on your hands and do nothing?

Youre supporting the right club

T.S Quint

Coach
I love how they twist and turn just to hug Baldie

Yeah, it couldn't be that some in here are just completely making up shit about Brown and BA not getting along and Brown being forced out of the club because of it. Complain about BA's coaching all you want, but there's no need to start false rumours without any evidence just to demonise him further. It seems that you're also twisting and turning in order to push that knife in BA's back a bit deeper.

Mate, give up.
No matter how much sense you make and proof you provide, you will never get the last word.

What proof?
No one here has provided any proof, one way or the other. It's all just bullshit speculation, twisting the few facts we do know in order to drive home their opinion.

Can we all just say that we are glad Brown is back with us, and let's look forward to a new era under Ryles.

T.S Quint

Coach
Well he did a splendid job across 11 years do you blame them.

52% win rate

1 GF Appearance which was over after 10 mins.

4 finals wins from 12.

1 wooden spoon.

Brought in his 2 sons through the junior reps and forced them both to pack up and go elsewhere.

With all those numbers it's a wonder he doesn't have a statue built outside the new COE at Kellyville.

Nice of you to conveniently forget all the good BA did with the club. No agenda there at all.

Also, a 52% win rate isn't a terrible percentage, especially over 10 years. It's higher than Brian Smith's win rate.

Ivan Cleary won 48% of his games in his first 10 years. 47% in his first 13 years. But suddenly he's one of the greatest coaches ever because of the last 5 years, which he has done extremely well in.

Phil Gould is considered one of the greatest ever coaches and his win rate is still only 59%.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Hang on, I just read pages of tripe about NBrown moving to the Gold Coast, from his job at the eels, for 'family reasons'. For it to be found that Pou is relying on a quote by NBrown when he left the Warriors gig and before coming to parra. Perfect Pou facts.
Yeah I should’ve agreed that Nrown2 and Arthur’s hate each other based on no quotes at all!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
as is yours, nothing more.

You replied to @Gazzamatta who questioned why he left (referring to the eels, not Sydney) saying “He said why he left; family reasons”. We now know you ballsed up and linked a 12 month old quote from when he lost his job with his former employer.

Agreed.

My theory has the most legs as the timeline and events that have occurred since he initially left make sense. It also isnt based off a quote I’ve misreferenced.

See, I can play the “I’m right because I said so” game as well.
You played that game first when you said your theory had the most legs. There is not a single quote that supports it.

The fact is he left when he didn’t get a good job offer and he returned when somebody offered a job with the NRL squad. I could understand he might’ve been pissed that Brad Arthur didn’t want him on his coaching staff, but he wasn’t the only NRL head coach who didn’t give Nrown2 a job.

T.S Quint

Coach
It is a fact. Pathways and NRLW are beneath him. Look at the kinds of people doing these jobs at NRL clubs. None of them have extensive NRL head coaching experience like Nrown2.

Just because you think it's beneath him doesn't mean Brown thinks the same way.
Once again, this is not a fact. It is your opinion and you are speculating that Brown has the same opinion as you.

Latest posts