What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason Ryles - Head coach of Parramatta from 2025

TheParraboy

Staff member
Deserves his own thread....

What success will he bring?

Will he last the 4 year deal?

The Parramatta Eels are delighted to announce the appointment of Jason Ryles as the Club's new Head Coach for the next four seasons from 2025 onwards.

Ryles will join the Eels from his current club, the Melbourne Storm.

After a long and successful career as a player where he represented both NSW and Australia, Ryles began his coaching career in 2014. During his coaching career, Ryles has been an Assistant Coach with the Melbourne Storm between 2016 and 2020, which included 4 grand finals and 2 premiership wins, an Assistant Coach with the England Rugby team between 2020 and 2021, an Assistant Coach with the Sydney Roosters between 2022 and 2023, before returning to the Storm in 2024.

Ryles is considered one of the best emerging coaches in the game and brings a wealth of experience in winning environments and high performance cultures to the Eels, while also having been mentored by two of the most respected and successful coaches in the game in Craig Bellamy and Trent Robinson.

"We are delighted to welcome Jason to the Parramatta Eels", said Eels Chairman Sean McElduff.

"Jason's proven track record in winning environments, combined with his passion for developing young talent perfectly aligns with the direction we are taking our Club. We have a strong NRL roster and a group of exciting young players coming through our pathways programs. We believe Jason is the ideal person to build a strong connection within the playing group, across the Club and with the passionate Parramatta Eels fanbase."

"We are entering a new era for our football program, and we’re thrilled to secure someone of Jason’s calibre as the leader of our NRL team moving forward. He is highly regarded as a coach and we believe that he has a huge future in the NRL. We are confident that under Jason’s leadership, our Club will be challenging for premierships in the years to come." said Eels CEO Jim Sarantinos.

Ryles expressed his delight about joining the Club.

"I am incredibly honoured to be appointed Head Coach of the Parramatta Eels," he said.

"This is a Club with a rich history and a passionate fanbase. I look forward to coaching these young men."

Out of respect for Jason’s current coaching commitments with the Storm, we will not be making any further comment until he completes his duties with the Storm and joins the Eels later this year.

Glenneel

Bench
Breaking News!!!

Ryles our new coach.

Another rookie with no experience as head coach of any team that I can remember. At least some of the others has some history as head of lower grades. 4 Years is a long time
imo and just hope he brings Storm systems into place (without all the bullshit illegal bits) to strengthen our pathways plus improve our attack and especially defence. Bellamy's blueprint was always big, fast backs so hope adopts similar mindset.

Thoughts?

hindy111

Post Whore
It is hard to tell untill he is here and starts selecting the side.
Barrets done better then BA on pure selections if ask me. The fact he threw Lussick to Ron Massey was huge and promoted Guymer over Makatoa.
Only dissapointing thing is he doesn't rate Morretti. Hopefully he gets his chance with Jnr gone

yy_cheng

Coach
It is hard to tell untill he is here and starts selecting the side.
Barrets done better then BA on pure selections if ask me. The fact he threw Lussick to Ron Massey was huge and promoted Guymer over Makatoa.
Only dissapointing thing is he doesn't rate Morretti. Hopefully he gets his chance with Jnr gone
I still don't know why both ba and tb can't see that lame gets tired and leaves him on for so long