What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason Ryles - Head coach of Parramatta from 2025

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
If I don’t see him Friday night at Belmore I will be well disappointed

it's paywalled so I've only quoted the heading, and its a media article, so nothing official yet

it doesn't mention if he is taking over coaching or just working behind the scenes, talking to players etc

Gronk

Staff member

Storm agrees to early release for Ryles​

Wed 17 Jul 2024, 05:44 PM

Melbourne Storm will release Jason Ryles from his contract early to begin preparations for his new role as head coach of the Parramatta Eels.
Ryles was last week appointed to the Eels role and will finish up with Storm at the end of this week.
“On behalf of everyone at the Melbourne Storm, we congratulate Jason on his appointment to senior coach at the Eels,”
Storm CEO, Justin Rodski
“Given the significance of this opportunity for Jason, we have agreed an early release is in the best interest of both parties.”

“Jason returned to Storm for the 2024 season, and although only back at the club for a short time, he has had an immediate positive impact on our players, football department and broader club.”
“Jason is a quality person and coach, we thank him for his contribution in 2024 and wish him, his wife Alana and his family all the best for the future.”

EelEtric

Juniors
I don't expect him to be coaching, but coming out to look at the stock he has in the lower grades, wouldn't be out of line.
I don't think you should get your hopes up.

He will knock off at AAMI park around 5-5.30pm. He has to go down to HR and drop his laptop and phone off and hand-in his building pass. There are probably farewell drinks planned at The Precinct on Swan St which will last until at least 6.30-7pm. By the time he gets out to Tullamarine and gets a plane it will be 8pm. Arrive in Mascot around 9.30pm and then head out to Belmore... game will be over by the time he gets there.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Storm didn't do us a favour, they didn't want ryles there any longer talking to their players trying to get them to follow him. No club will help another in NRL, no chance.

Yeah, I'm sorry - that's a little naive.

He would have already likely been in players' ears, selling them what he could do for them at Parra, should be get the job.

Plus, the players already know him, so if they wanted to join him here, letting him go early from his Storm contract isn't going to change anything.

Last edited:

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

Storm agrees to early release for Ryles​

Wed 17 Jul 2024, 05:44 PM

Melbourne Storm will release Jason Ryles from his contract early to begin preparations for his new role as head coach of the Parramatta Eels.
Ryles was last week appointed to the Eels role and will finish up with Storm at the end of this week.

“Given the significance of this opportunity for Jason, we have agreed an early release is in the best interest of both parties.”

“Jason returned to Storm for the 2024 season, and although only back at the club for a short time, he has had an immediate positive impact on our players, football department and broader club.”
“Jason is a quality person and coach, we thank him for his contribution in 2024 and wish him, his wife Alana and his family all the best for the future.”

“He has had to hand both of his boats back, but we are confident that they will find a good home”