What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason Ryles - Head coach of Parramatta from 2025

Soto

Bench
I was keen on Hannay until I heard he was happy to work with whatever staff the club wanted him to have. It was a red flag, Ryles wanting his own staff and a chance to put his own stamp on the club makes much more sense. We need to wash away the Bea Arthur stain. Players and coaches alike.
The best thing about this is he's not going a yr in then going oh shit, these guys are just no...he's seeing it like most of us except an elite few and going the joint stinks, I need to blow it up and start it again. For this he needs to be massively applauded..I'm excited and he's not waiting...he's taking the sledgehammer to the joint now...love it

Soto

Bench
That said I'd love Coach Rankin to be retained.
No no no...no-one who has had anything to do with BA. We just need a brand new culture and Ryles needs to set this with his own staff.
For Ryles to say see u TB, he well and truly knows who he wants and he wants to set himself up for success.
Looks like he has the keys to the joint and not holding back..love it

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
The best thing about this is he's not going a yr in then going oh shit, these guys are just no...he's seeing it like most of us except an elite few and going the joint stinks, I need to blow it up and start it again. For this he needs to be massively applauded..I'm excited and he's not waiting...he's taking the sledgehammer to the joint now...love it
Yeah I agree. Perhaps not a sledgehammer though. For mine, and yeah I’m being picky here, this isn’t a dig at you, he’s making astute calls immediately.

* Matto, who’s no doubt talented and probably one of our better forwards, but if rumours are to be believed isn’t team first, has been given the tap.

*Offered a young talent the fullback role and credit to Gutho tbh who’s already said numerous times he will play anywhere.

*A big no thanks, I’ll choose my own support staff.

Those three things are enough to let the playing group know there’s a new sheriff in town. They either buy in immediately or know they’ll be shown the door. It’s a clean slate and nobody is safe. I’d expect instantly the attitude in defence should at least improve.

I envisage at our best under Ryles, we aren’t going to be piss weak around the ruck. I think we will have a hard edge in defence and I’m excited.

EelEtric

Juniors
You do realise that Head Coaches bring their own team of assistants with them and rarely if ever do any of the old ones remain. That is why the hiring of assistant coaches is mostly always the responsibility of the Head Coach.

Soto

Bench
You do realise that Head Coaches bring their own team of assistants with them and rarely if ever do any of the old ones remain. That is why the hiring of assistant coaches is mostly always the responsibility of the Head Coach.
Thanks...no didnt realise this. Thought they had to keep all the same players and staff ..this makes it even more exciting now

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It makes sense that they would want to hire assistants to cover their own shortfalls as a coach, or at least do the tasks the head coach doesn't want to do.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Mate, I will tell you this much for free.

I watched the 2022 Junior Reps season. When Matts lost in the finals, I said the only 2 I would keep from that squad was Moey and Boods and I would only keep Boods for his name.

I will say he went on to impress playing Ball a year young.

Alameddine was poor at fullback, has really found a home on the wing and is on his way to first grade. In that team was also Blaize Talagi, Michael Gabrael, Sam Tuivaiti, Tyrese Lokeni. Not insinuating you didn't say that but there was players in that team that have had similar or more success than just those 2.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I saw a patient, calm composed Moses in origin 3.

I’ve seen Gutho do some real stupid things this year. And his captain challenges are terrible. I don’t really see him inspire the troops behind the goal line when the going gets tough either.

I agree with this.

I've been critical of Mitch's temperament in the past.

Origin III proved I was wrong, tbh.

He's a great choice for captain.

On Gutho, it's so sad to see how far he's fallen.

Gronk

Staff member
lol, he’s small, slow with average service. He doesn’t even pass off the ground.

The best thing about his game was his last name, until 2 months ago that meant plenty.

Now, not so much.
There is a huge chance that if his name was Jones that you wouldn’t even be posting about him.

I know that you don’t rate him, but there are a whole bunch of clubs that would be happy to sign the NSW U19s origin captain.

Anyway, you can’t keep em all. There are so many good hookers on the market, so we will just get another.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
There is a huge chance that if his name was Jones that you wouldn’t even be posting about him.

I know that you don’t rate him, but there are a whole bunch of clubs that would be happy to sign the NSW U19s origin captain.

Anyway, you can’t keep em all. There are so many good hookers on the market, so we will just get another.
Exactly, if his last name was Jones he’d probably be playing Flegg.

No one is saying he doesn’t have a future and I’m glad he is getting a run over that total waste of space Lussick but if his name was Jones he sure at shit wouldn’t be given this opportunity. He also wouldn’t have a top 30 spot in 2026. Anyone who says otherwise are playing with themselves.

Gronk

Staff member
Exactly, if his last name was Jones he’d probably be playing Flegg.

No one is saying he doesn’t have a future and I’m glad he is getting a run over that total waste of space Lussick but if his name was Jones he sure at shit wouldn’t be given this opportunity. He also wouldn’t have a top 30 spot in 2026. Anyone who says otherwise are playing with themselves.
Mate I’m pretty sure that most of this team would have Top 30 deals in 2026.

Sensei Cobra

Juniors
I agree with this.

I don’t reckon you’re wrong mate … he’s had that in his have for sure. I just think he is really developing these parts of his game, his temperament and ability to stay calm is just another part of his game that has and will improve.
His origin performances have genuinely elevated him to one games elite playmakers and I just hope we get out shit together quick so that his talent is not wasted

Stagger eel

Staff member
I agree with this.

I think it has a alot to do with who's around him though.