What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason Ryles - Head coach of Parramatta from 2025

Not too unhappy to see Talagi sign with another club. Some people thought I was being too hard on Talagi's f**k-ups in top grade, and on his/his managers' selfishness in not taking up the player option earlier in the year, before Ryles came on board... but maybe I was right all along about where this was heading.

Ryles probably won't be too unhappy either when the dust settles, provided he can sign someone else decent (better) into our backline somewhere.

Pazza

First Grade
Not too unhappy to see Talagi sign with another club. Some people thought I was being too hard on Talagi's f**k-ups in top grade, and on his/his managers' selfishness in not taking up the player option earlier in the year, before Ryles came on board... but maybe I was right all along about where this was heading.

Ryles probably won't be too unhappy either when the dust settles, provided he can sign someone else decent (better) into our backline somewhere.

I'm unhappy about the whole situation.

You have Identified a young player who you consider to be a future cornerstone of your club. He is regarded as Dylan brown 2.0 he's so good barely plays flegg or cup.

You fast track him into nrl due to years of roster mismanagement which has left us painful short in the outside backs. To the point we are playing Ron Massey cup players.

You debut one of the most talented kids to come through your system in years with nothing but a player option keeping him at the club. He rejects the option and other clubs are just lining up for his services. He ends up leaving to play in the best system in the nrl era.

A shit show is an understatement.

And this is just the beginning cause next year we got 2 million in cap space tied up in player options which don't need to be exercised till round 10 2025. Leaving us In limbo in the player market.

Wally21

Bench
Th
I'm unhappy about the whole situation.

You have Identified a young player who you consider to be a future cornerstone of your club. He is regarded as Dylan brown 2.0 he's so good barely plays flegg or cup.

You fast track him into nrl due to years of roster mismanagement which has left us painful short in the outside backs. To the point we are playing Ron Massey cup players.

You debut one of the most talented kids to come through your system in years with nothing but a player option keeping him at the club. He rejects the option and other clubs are just lining up for his services. He ends up leaving to play in the best system in the nrl era.

A shit show is an understatement.

And this is just the beginning cause next year we got 2 million in cap space tied up in player options which don't need to be exercised till round 10 2025. Leaving us In limbo in the player market.
This. It’s not about the player we have lost. I don’t think at this stage he will be anywhere near as good as everyone thinks he will be. However the way this f**king rabble of a club managed it says it all.

I think there are issues with the identification of talent and regard at our club. Blaize has many deficiencies in his game that have not been corrected as part of his development and cost us on a regular basis - Penrith's problem now.
Agree the club's roster management during the "fall of Arthur" years has been abysmal.
I suspect he (or his family and/or his manager) would have chased the bucks and the glory elsewhere no matter what we did. His headlines will be next year's bird cage lining, as I suspect his future career will be less stellar than people are imagining.
The player option situation we find ourselves in is indeed a shit sandwich. Fail to tie down players we apparently want without giving them a PO exit clause, and get stuck with declining/expensive players we now know we don't want by giving them a PO staying clause! MON also has to go...

T-Boon

Coach
I think our club has lost all confidence in everything including its ability to develop players. Thus not prepared to pay a young player much.

JokerEel

Coach
I think our club has lost all confidence in everything including its ability to develop players. Thus not prepared to pay a young player much.

So does anyone know why Nathan Brown came into look at our juniors then pissed off after a year??

Chipmunk

Coach
So does anyone know why Nathan Brown came into look at our juniors then pissed off after a year??
He did move to the Gold Coast...if he stayed in Sydney you could ask some questions, but the fact he moved some where else and is not involved in the NRL anywhere, that there was more to his move than anything to do with the Club.

JokerEel

Coach
He did move to the Gold Coast...if he stayed in Sydney you could ask some questions, but the fact he moved some where else and is not involved in the NRL anywhere, that there was more to his move than anything to do with the Club.

Works for the Gold Coast now I was told

Johnny88

Juniors
Danny Weidler SMH

DRAGONS OFFSIDE
Trent Barrett was not shocked to be unwanted by Jason Ryles at the Eels for next year. The relationship between the former Dragons teammates is not what it was. Barrett was complaining to people that he couldn’t get a call back from Ryles after his appointment

Avenger

Immortal
Danny Weidler SMH

DRAGONS OFFSIDE
Trent Barrett was not shocked to be unwanted by Jason Ryles at the Eels for next year. The relationship between the former Dragons teammates is not what it was. Barrett was complaining to people that he couldn’t get a call back from Ryles after his appointment

I'd be the same if I was Ryles. Dick fingers f**ks everything he touches.

Latest posts