What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason Ryles - Head coach of Parramatta from 2025

Eelementary

Post Whore
So, paranoia time....

If Ryles knocked back the Dragons Head Coach role, because of the enormity of the task at hand at turning their fortunes around...how long will Ryles stay on at Parramatta?

I'm envisioning a Ricky Stuart scenario unfolding in the next 18 months, or so...

/Paranoia

f**k, me...it's so fun being an Eels fan.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I'm unhappy about the whole situation.

You have Identified a young player who you consider to be a future cornerstone of your club. He is regarded as Dylan brown 2.0 he's so good barely plays flegg or cup.

You fast track him into nrl due to years of roster mismanagement which has left us painful short in the outside backs. To the point we are playing Ron Massey cup players.

You debut one of the most talented kids to come through your system in years with nothing but a player option keeping him at the club. He rejects the option and other clubs are just lining up for his services. He ends up leaving to play in the best system in the nrl era.

A shit show is an understatement.

And this is just the beginning cause next year we got 2 million in cap space tied up in player options which don't need to be exercised till round 10 2025. Leaving us In limbo in the player market.
It’s appalling.

Gronk

Staff member
So, paranoia time....

If Ryles knocked back the Dragons Head Coach role, because of the enormity of the task at hand at turning their fortunes around...how long will Ryles stay on at Parramatta?

I'm envisioning a Ricky Stuart scenario unfolding in the next 18 months, or so...

/Paranoia

f**k, me...it's so fun being an Eels fan.
Leave the joining the dots to Fox Journos.

So the Herald has Ryles appointing two Assistants so far.

"Adding dual-code player and coach Scott Wisemantel and premiership-winning prop Sam Moa to a new-look brains trust"

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I'm unhappy about the whole situation.

You have Identified a young player who you consider to be a future cornerstone of your club. He is regarded as Dylan brown 2.0 he's so good barely plays flegg or cup.

You fast track him into nrl due to years of roster mismanagement which has left us painful short in the outside backs. To the point we are playing Ron Massey cup players.

You debut one of the most talented kids to come through your system in years with nothing but a player option keeping him at the club. He rejects the option and other clubs are just lining up for his services. He ends up leaving to play in the best system in the nrl era.

A shit show is an understatement.

And this is just the beginning cause next year we got 2 million in cap space tied up in player options which don't need to be exercised till round 10 2025. Leaving us In limbo in the player market.
PO's are what all he top clubs do mate, it's good business.

And when the players all f**k off we have a heap of cap space!! Win win!!

Kornstar

Coach
Not too unhappy to see Talagi sign with another club. Some people thought I was being too hard on Talagi's f**k-ups in top grade, and on his/his managers' selfishness in not taking up the player option earlier in the year, before Ryles came on board... but maybe I was right all along about where this was heading.

Ryles probably won't be too unhappy either when the dust settles, provided he can sign someone else decent (better) into our backline somewhere.

Agreed, high maintenance, shit agent, not worth it.

JokerEel

Coach
So the Herald has Ryles appointing two Assistants so far.

"Adding dual-code player and coach Scott Wisemantel and premiership-winning prop Sam Moa to a new-look brains trust"

I am looking forward to what this change will do at the club.

You would think coming from the Storm where you had to go out and buy all your players.

Ryles could see potential

Pazza

First Grade
I am looking forward to what this change will do at the club.

You would think coming from the Storm where you had to go out and buy all your players.

Ryles could see potential

When Wisemantel was coaching the Waratahs, he introduced the idea of his back three all working as full backs.[4]

Bad luck blaize. Enjoying playing at that antiquated system they're running at the foot of the mountains

EelEtric

Juniors
I love some of the wraps on the 2 assistants Ryles has named.

Steve McNamara (Catalyns Coach) on Moa:
"He is an outstanding coach and an outstanding human being.”
His knowledge of the defensive contact part of the game is second to none. He has been awesome for us in terms of what he has provided.
"Anybody who takes him up will get an outstanding coach and person. He will make a difference to any organisation."

Dave Rennie (Wallabies Coach) on Wisemantel:
"Scott's a top man and one of the best coaches I've ever worked with."
"He's hugely respected around the world, has a mountain of experience at International level and an incredible rapport with our players.
So Moa gets the defensive coach role and Wisemental the attacking coach role.
It's exciting.

Latest posts