What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jayden Sullivan

kit66

Bench
Have to say, not sure why some people think Sloan could play 6 in the NRL. Doesn't appear to have a kicking game and I can't see him making 20 tackles a game.

He has a good kicking game, kid's a natural. These are old highlights but it shows him playing 5/8 and putting in some clever attacking kicks with great instincts and vision. He might not get a shot at the 6 jersey this year or even be up for it if he did but he certainly has the skills required and he could hardly miss more tackles than Hunt and Amone do - you could even hide him in defence, out the back or out wide, it's been done for many others in the past.

possm

Coach
Sloans played heaps at 5/8 , its his other legit position already apart from fb and wing,. I bet when Hunts gone a Sloan/ Bud halves combo would be very dangerous!
Bennett devised a defensive plan which accommodated Soward's poor defensive skills and so, our new defensive coach can do the same for Sloan.

Old Timer

Coach
Bennett devised a defensive plan which accommodated Soward's poor defensive skills and so, our new defensive coach can do the same for Sloan.
The game has changed immensely since Soward played and the plans implemented for him by Bennett wouldn’t work as efficiently today.

Bad defence now is always punished and there is no where to hide.

Flanagan a very good example.

BLM01

First Grade
The game has changed immensely since Soward played and the plans implemented for him by Bennett wouldn’t work as efficiently today.

Bad defence now is always punished and there is no where to hide.

Flanagan a very good example.
Flanagan might not be quick or have silky smooth hands but one thing.. he can defend very solidly
Burton is not as good a defender

Dragon David

First Grade
Zero Tackle saying Bud could be fit ahead of schedule for the trial against St Helens and also that Ramsey is helping out at training although not actually back into training himself yet.
Things are looking up.

I think it best if Sullivan is 100% over the hammy injury before he plays in any game. I hope that Cody is overcoming his illness through good diet and medical treatment as needed. If so, it will be absolutely awesome if he can get back onto the ground in the not too distant future.

Nutz

Bench
Sorry if this opens old wounds guys, but can someone tell me if Bud has a long kicking game, eg 5th tackle.

He has a good kicking game, kid's a natural. These are old highlights but it shows him playing 5/8 and putting in some clever attacking kicks with great instincts and vision. He might not get a shot at the 6 jersey this year or even be up for it if he did but he certainly has the skills required and he could hardly miss more tackles than Hunt and Amone do - you could even hide him in defence, out the back or out wide, it's been done for many others in the past.
Have said precisely the same. Yes the kid has vision, something you cant teach. Hope Flanagan does give him a crack if fullback is closed to him and once he is defensively sound and is carrying some extra bulk.

Last edited:

kit66

Bench
Use ur werds dude, give me some context. Posting my old posts from a year ago that support what I've just been saying don't help your cause.

Dragon Blood

Juniors
I watched the Tigers v Raiders replay due to family commitments (wedding ).

I think Bud Sullivan and his entourage made a massive mistake going to the spooners.

i loved him in the RedV but IMO I think he should have stayed and learned the no 7 in and out of the nrl side until CHunt moves on. From the game this arvo I thunk coach Flanno saw what was ahead.

Benchie hooked him in the second half and deservedly so, because he isn’t just ready yet for NRL thanks to Hook and B C Hunt FAVOURING The HAMMER.

I still think he will eventually be a class 7 but it will come with a good coach , and pack to help him.

what a waste of local talent

I watched the Tigers v Raiders replay due to family commitments (wedding ).

I think Bud Sullivan and his entourage made a massive mistake going to the spooners.

i loved him in the RedV but IMO I think he should have stayed and learned the no 7 in and out of the nrl side until CHunt moves on. From the game this arvo I thunk coach Flanno saw what was ahead.

Benchie hooked him in the second half and deservedly so, because he isn’t just ready yet for NRL thanks to Hook and B C Hunt FAVOURING The HAMMER.

I still think he will eventually be a class 7 but it will come with a good coach , and pack to help him.

what a waste of local talent
Well, yes & no. Clearly he didn't get enough support or guidance or opportunity at Saints but he (or his manager) wanted everything now. Bud was never going to get a crack at 7 ahead of Hunt even if some of us thought he should. It would be like Jakob Arthur expecting to get the 7 over DCE. Not. Going. To. Happen.

Bud has the skills, but doesn't apply them consistently enough. And he did ask for a release pretty early on - so clearly not content to play second fiddle, learn your craft and earn the 7. And so he went to a club with a training wheels coach and that is a bigger basket case than us. Good move, Son.
No sympathy, really.

Latest posts