What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JBC: Newtown v Windsor - 7pm Friday Night

Jeffles

Bench
Tonight's game seems more psycological than anything. Barring an unlikely sequence of events, these two sides are most likely to meet again next week in the elimination semi final (4v5) of the Jim Beam Cup.

Of course it would be good to have that mental edge and go in as winners. Get down to Henson Park tonight at 7pm to cheer on the Jets.

Next week's Jim Beam Cup finals will be played on Saturday at Leichhardt Oval. Apologies for the error in The Jet Base Rag, which mistakenly implied that there could be a home final. The 4 v 5 playoff next week will be played at 1pm. It is unfortunate that the game is played on the same day as Reunion Day but a 1pm kickoff at Leichhardt Oval means that it is possible for fans to make both games. A 2:40pm finish at Leichhardt then duck over to Henson Park. It is acheiveable.

girvie

Staff member
I think this will have an effect on the game:

http://www.smh.com.au/news/league/sargent-sacked-for-cocaine/2006/08/24/1156012674383.html
The developments come amid revelations that a Jim Beam Cup player from Newtown, which has a feeder-club relationship with the Roosters, had also tested positive for what is believed to be a performance-enhancing drug. The player is understood to be planning to defend the charge if his B sample also tests positive.

Has this player been forced to stand down while his B-Sample is tested?

But it does appear to have had an effect on our web-site - I can't seem to be able to open it from here. You guys haven't posted something nasty about the PRC government, have you?

Nah. Can't even raise the homepage with a web proxy. Curious.

girvie

Staff member
Where are these players this weekend? Are they injured or in A-Grade?

Adam Bennett
Matt Eather
Tim Chalmers

Bluebag

Juniors
None are playing in A-grade, bennett is in PL, Chalmers was not selected and nor was Eather.

The player concerned with the positive test came to the club just before the June 30 cutoff and I am not sure if they are contesting the charge.

No DT-1 We have made no inemies in the PRC as we feel that we have a great ambassador there pushing the merchandise and signing new members.

Jeffles

Bench
Newtown beat Windsor 40-26 I think.

Not the best game. Both sides were guilty of many basic handling errors. In the end this probably cost Windsor more than it did Newtown. There was a stiff breeze blowing towards the northern (tennis club) end. Newtown were able to score 4 first half tries. The second half was much more even. Windsor made better use of the breeze than Newtown did and clawed their way back. Newtown switched off for around 10 minutes in the second half and Windsor carved us up through the middle and on Newtown's left hand side. Matto made a few substitutions and stopped the leak. Having re-focused, Newtown scored a couple of late tries at the end and sealed the game.

Unless Cabramatta beat Wentworthville by around 40 or more (I don't know the exact figure, next week's finals will be a repeat of two of this week's final round matches.

1pm: Newtown v Windsor (4 v 5 - ELIMINATION)
3pm: Cabramatta v Wentworthville (2 v 3)

Both matches will be played at Leichhardt Oval on Saturday September 2. I think it is possible to watch most of the early JBC game and drive down to Henson Park for the Dragons game.

Whoever Windsor play (and most likely it will be Newtown), that match will be the Foxtel game.

Jeffles

Bench
Delayed telecast.

Moved to Kogarah now according to the NSWRL website. I had seen a memo saying it would be at Leichhardt Oval. I guess it will be harder (impossible) now for Newtown fans to see both game on Saturday.

BTW, why do you ask the smae question on two forums?

2 True Blues

Coach
In the hope of getting an answer to a season threatening question if you are referring to the SOWARD one ????

And you can tape the Foxtel game. I will be !!!!

2 True Blues

Coach
Jeffles said:
I was referring to the JBC finals question.

Didnt realise I had, but hey, I have been awake all night at work. Though glad I did as found out it is actually on at kogarah so was worth it. ;-)

Latest posts