What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jdb case

Status
Not open for further replies.

hewi

Bench
It will go to trial, I don’t think that’s in doubt. If, he is found innocent that really only means that guilty beyond reasonable doubt was unable to be proved it doesn’t mean the women lied. This is where his choice of barrister comes in. This will be brutal on all concerned. In reality there are no winners.

BLM01

First Grade
With less than a month until the boots are laced up.
Where does JDB , St. George Illawarra, The lady involved and The NRL stand.
????
Is this whole mess a lost cause?
Is his career a lost a lost cause?
When does this go to trial?
Is there any forgiveness available?
How deep is the rabbits hole?
I'm naive to current events. Distracted by life.
Whats the go? Summed up.
His defense will be missed. I don't see the gap being filled no matter how many Sims are available.

Oh no....not this debate again. has it not been done to death on here. What rock have you been hiding in..but then again fair enough not everyone reads media..so see link below...308 posts on Page 2 of our link articles. Read to your hearts content. That should keep you in the picture with everyone's thoughts and updates. If that does not satisfy you google JDB.
https://forums.leagueunlimited.com/threads/just-what-we-needed-fmd.473730/

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
If that does not satisfy you google JDB.
Just tried that.

jdb - The Java Debugger
jdb helps you find and fix bugs in Java language programs.
SYNOPSIS
jdb [ options ] [ class ] [ arguments ]

options
Command-line options, as specified below.
class
Name of the class to begin debugging.
arguments
Arguments passed to the main() method of class.
Java Platform Debugger Architecture that provides inspection and debugging of a local or remote Java Virtual Machine.

Starting a jdb Session
There are many ways to start a jdb session. The most frequently used way is to have jdb launch a new Java Virtual Machine (VM) with the main class of the application to be debugged. This is done by substituting the command jdb for java in the command line. For example, if your application's main class is MyClass, you use the following command to debug it under JDB:

C:\> jdb MyClass

When started this way, jdb invokes a second Java VM with any specified parameters, loads the specified class, and stops the VM before executing that class's first instruction.

Another way to use jdb is by attaching it to a Java VM that is already running. A VM that is to be debugged with jdb must be started with the following options. These options load in-process debugging libraries and specify the kind of connection to be made.

-agentlib:jdwp=transport=dt_shmem,server=y,suspend=n

For example, the following command will run the MyClass application, and allow jdb to connect to it at a later time.

C:\> java -agentlib:jdwp=transport=dt_shmem,address=jdbconn,server=y,suspend=n MyClass

You can then attach jdb to the VM with the following commmand:
C:\> jdb -attach jdbconn

Note that "MyClass" is not specified in the jdb command line in this case because jdb is connecting to an existing VM instead of launching a new one.
There are many other ways to connect the debugger to a VM, and all of them are supported by jdb. The Java Platform Debugger Architecture has additional documentation on these connection options. For information on starting a J2SE 1.4.2 or early VM for use with jdb see 1.4.2 documentation

Basic jdb Commands
The following is a list of the basic jdb commands. The Java debugger supports other commands which you can list using jdb's help command.
help, or ?
The most important jdb command, help displays the list of recognized commands with a brief description.
run
After starting jdb, and setting any necessary breakpoints, you can use this command to start the execution the debugged application. This command is available only when jdb launches the debugged application (as opposed to attaching to an existing VM).
cont
Continues execution of the debugged application after a breakpoint, exception, or step.
print
Displays Java objects and primitive values. For variables or fields of primitive types, the actual value is printed. For objects, a short description is printed. See the dump command below for getting more information about an object.
NOTE: To display local variables, the containing class must have been compiled with the javac -goption.

print supports many simple Java expressions including those with method invocations, for example:

• print MyClass.myStaticField
  • print myObj.myInstanceField
  • print i + j + k (i, j, k are primities and either fields or local variables)
  • print myObj.myMethod() (if myMethod returns a non-null)
  • print new java.lang.String("Hello").length()

BLM01

First Grade
Just tried that.

jdb - The Java Debugger
jdb helps you find and fix bugs in Java language programs.
SYNOPSIS
jdb [ options ] [ class ] [ arguments ]

options
Command-line options, as specified below.
class
Name of the class to begin debugging.
arguments
Arguments passed to the main() method of class.
Java Platform Debugger Architecture that provides inspection and debugging of a local or remote Java Virtual Machine.

Starting a jdb Session
There are many ways to start a jdb session. The most frequently used way is to have jdb launch a new Java Virtual Machine (VM) with the main class of the application to be debugged. This is done by substituting the command jdb for java in the command line. For example, if your application's main class is MyClass, you use the following command to debug it under JDB:

C:\> jdb MyClass

When started this way, jdb invokes a second Java VM with any specified parameters, loads the specified class, and stops the VM before executing that class's first instruction.

Another way to use jdb is by attaching it to a Java VM that is already running. A VM that is to be debugged with jdb must be started with the following options. These options load in-process debugging libraries and specify the kind of connection to be made.

-agentlib:jdwp=transport=dt_shmem,server=y,suspend=n

For example, the following command will run the MyClass application, and allow jdb to connect to it at a later time.

C:\> java -agentlib:jdwp=transport=dt_shmem,address=jdbconn,server=y,suspend=n MyClass

You can then attach jdb to the VM with the following commmand:
C:\> jdb -attach jdbconn

Note that "MyClass" is not specified in the jdb command line in this case because jdb is connecting to an existing VM instead of launching a new one.
There are many other ways to connect the debugger to a VM, and all of them are supported by jdb. The Java Platform Debugger Architecture has additional documentation on these connection options. For information on starting a J2SE 1.4.2 or early VM for use with jdb see 1.4.2 documentation

Basic jdb Commands
The following is a list of the basic jdb commands. The Java debugger supports other commands which you can list using jdb's help command.
help, or ?
The most important jdb command, help displays the list of recognized commands with a brief description.
run
After starting jdb, and setting any necessary breakpoints, you can use this command to start the execution the debugged application. This command is available only when jdb launches the debugged application (as opposed to attaching to an existing VM).
cont
Continues execution of the debugged application after a breakpoint, exception, or step.
print
Displays Java objects and primitive values. For variables or fields of primitive types, the actual value is printed. For objects, a short description is printed. See the dump command below for getting more information about an object.
NOTE: To display local variables, the containing class must have been compiled with the javac -goption.

print supports many simple Java expressions including those with method invocations, for example:

• print MyClass.myStaticField
  • print myObj.myInstanceField
  • print i + j + k (i, j, k are primities and either fields or local variables)
  • print myObj.myMethod() (if myMethod returns a non-null)
  • print new java.lang.String("Hello").length()
You needed to try harder as obviously have time. But well done...I found that more interesting and something different to read.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Threads merged.

If anyone knows of any other threads on the same topic, please feel free to used the Report link. Having a go at a poster who starts a duplicate thread doesn't resolve anything. Equally, making the 'suggestion' in the open forum that the threads should be merged offers no guarantee that it will be seen by a moderator.

Again, the Report link is there for a reason. It would benefit everyone if you use it and work with the mods.

If you don't wish to use the Report function, then feel free to contact me by PM (ie start a private conversation).

Thanks.

Crush

Coach
The situation isn't that complexed really . At his hearing he will plead not guilty . It will either be thrown out or go to trial . Either way JDB will return to training and will play up until the trial if there is one . The Nrl and Dragons will not stand him down .
If it go's to trial and he is found guilty he will go to jail . If found innocent life continues on for him and there will be no punishment from the Nrl or Dragons .
This is the truth.
JDB has given his side of the story to the club and they absolutely 100% believe him. Without going into the details on an open forum the club has no doubt that he is innocent of the crime he has been charged with. Therefore they will stand by him and he will play unless found guilty which, from what I've heard, is extremely unlikely.

hewi

Bench
This is the truth.
JDB has given his side of the story to the club and they absolutely 100% believe him. Without going into the details on an open forum the club has no doubt that he is innocent of the crime he has been charged with. Therefore they will stand by him and he will play unless found guilty which, from what I've heard, is extremely unlikely.

I’ll stick my nuts on the block here and say I think he will be found not guilty.

Drakon

Juniors
I’ll stick my nuts on the block here and say I think he will be found not guilty.
I agree with you. From the limited information available and the fact JDB has declared his innocence, I'm thinking that this is the way it will turn out. Time will tell.

epDragon62

First Grade
I hope JDB is genuinely innocent and is found to be. I also hope it has an appropriate affect on the players, including him, to avoid risky situations more.

Frank Facer

First Grade
This is the truth.
Thanks for that info Crush.

The calm one

Juniors
The situation isn't that complexed really . At his hearing he will plead not guilty . It will either be thrown out or go to trial . Either way JDB will return to training and will play up until the trial if there is one . The Nrl and Dragons will not stand him down .
If it go's to trial and he is found guilty he will go to jail . If found innocent life continues on for him and there will be no punishment from the Nrl or Dragons .
You are totally wrong. IF he is found guilty he has the right of appeal to the supreme Court, which is another Court date. If he is found guilty at trial, does not appeal, he will not necessarily got to jail, depending on the circumstances mentioned in the trial. If he is found not guilty at trial but there is sufficient evidence mentioned in the case that brings his professionalism into disripute that jeopardizes the dragons statement of values policy, he can be sacked. There are also clauses in some contracts with major sponsors regarding player behavior, where they have the legal right to withdraw sponsorship that brings there Brand name into question. So get ready for a long drawn out saga

The calm one

Juniors
I agree with you. From the limited information available and the fact JDB has declared his innocence, I'm thinking that this is the way it will turn out. Time will tell.
There is always limited information available when it comes to court maters involving violent offences against women. Go figure ??????

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Is Jack De Belin eligible to play while facing this sexual charge?
I've wondered the same thing myself..

It's bewildering why no-one else has asked a similar question in any other thread over the past 6 weeks....

Particularly one specifically dedicated to such a serious matter...

emack

Juniors
I've wondered the same thing myself..

It's bewildering why no-one else has asked a similar question in any other thread over the past 6 weeks....

Particularly one specifically dedicated to such a serious matter...
They probably have, but the mods deleted my last post on the issue obviously because it didn't line up with what they believed about the situation

Status
Not open for further replies.