What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jennings hates Parra

adamkungl

Immortal
Curious, why do people hate Parra? Have we tried buying a premiership?(Souths) Have we tried to rort the salary cap?(Souths and Storm) Have we neglected any of our junior areas?(Easts) Do we some how hold the game back?(Cronulla) Are our fans arrogant? (Souths again)

Because honestly, its coming across as tall poppy syndrome. Or in Jennings case, its our colours.

Purely spite/amusement for me... I grew up in Greystanes as a non-Parra fan, it gave me great joy to see everyone's favourite team lose

simmo1

First Grade
Purely spite/amusement for me... I grew up in Greystanes as a non-Parra fan, it gave me great joy to see everyone's favourite team lose

You have to let them win a few games first though, so they fill up their bandwagon.

Big Pete

Referee
The Parra hate stems from a few things...

- The media. Whenever Parra win a few games, you'll never hear the end of it.
- Jarryd Hayne...just Jarryd Hayne.
- Their board, fickle as all hell and in the past very vocal.
- Fans. Check the Parra board.

Basically everything other than the team itself (well minus Hayne of course) which I think would have to be right up there as one of the more likable in the comp.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
The Parra hate stems from a few things...

- The media. Whenever Parra win a few games, you'll never hear the end of it.
- Jarryd Hayne...just Jarryd Hayne.
- Their board, fickle as all hell and in the past very vocal.
- Fans. Check the Parra board.

Basically everything other than the team itself (well minus Hayne of course) which I think would have to be right up there as one of the more likable in the comp.

Ironic much?

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Don't think you realise this or not Tezza but people hate the Broncos too...

Besides, I'd say it's a tad worse down south.

Even so, its a bit silly your reasons. It would be like me hating Brisbane because Darren Lockyer is a diver. Or because of the Broncos media monopoly of the Courier Mail. Or because of Justin Hodges.....just Justin Hodges. Or Broncos fans, see person quoted in this post ;-)

Big Pete

Referee
None of our fans have put themselves in that position.

So I'd say it's silly in the first place to not only ask the question but then criticise the answer. Opposition fans dislike your club, so what? Just makes it all the more sweeter when you beat them.

Stagger eel

Staff member
None of our fans have put themselves in that position.

So I'd say it's silly in the first place to not only ask the question but then criticise the answer. Opposition fans dislike your club, so what? Just makes it all the more sweeter when you beat them.

nice to see that a nuffy like you who's based in Brisbane can speak on behalf of every opposition fan of parramatta.

Stagger eel

Staff member
and to be honest i couldn't care less if we're the most hated club in the comp ahead of Manly, the Dogs, Melbourne and *gulp* Broncos..

pffftt

Big Pete

Referee
nice to see that a nuffy like you who's based in Brisbane can speak on behalf of every opposition fan of parramatta.

Speaking of nuffies, looked like you missed the point.

I never said EVERY opposition fans hate your club, my point was you'll find some who do and I'd say so what? That's what makes these matches so interesting.

Also if you were to ask me, I don't hate Parra, I thought my relatively weak off the top of my head list was a fair give away.

redvscotty

First Grade
I've heard somewhere that Gallen hates the Dragons and calls them a bunch of merkins and the like.

I can't think of many Dragons players who would openly state they hated another team. Beau Scott maybe.