What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jennings hates Parra

abpanther

Staff member
As much as I dislike Parra, I'd rather win the last trial match 30-0 rather then be on the other side of it.

Absolutely, I hate the result and it further highlights concerns with our squad and with Matt Elliott.

However for Eels fans to come in here and suggest that Jennings (who didn't even play) shouldn't have made the comments because they won a meaningless trial game made me chuckle...

Stagger eel

Staff member
As much as I dislike Parra, I'd rather win the last trial match 30-0 rather then be on the other side of it.

well at the end of the day and all is said and done..cliche! cliche! cliche! they weren't playing for comp points and as a parra fan I'm more concerned about the injuries we sustained from the match rather than the tries they scored.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Absolutely, I hate the result and it further highlights concerns with our squad and with Matt Elliott.

However for Eels fans to come in here and suggest that Jennings (who didn't even play) shouldn't have made the comments because they won a meaningless trial game made me chuckle...

it was more a stupid comment than anything else..I mean a Parra and Penith rivalry has nothing on Saints V Sharks, Parra v Manly and Souths V Easts.

abpanther

Staff member
it was more a stupid comment than anything else..I mean a Parra and Penith rivalry has nothing on Saints V Sharks, Parra v Manly and Souths V Easts.

Why is it stupid then? Why not encourage the rivalry where possible?
I mean wasn't this game built on tribalism

thommo4pm

Coach
Why is it stupid then? Why not encourage the rivalry where possible?
I mean wasn't this game built on tribalism

I agree with you here. Nothing wrong with promoting a rivalry. Good to build that feeling between the clubs and get the crowd figures up for when the sides play again in the future.

boxhead

First Grade
It was a joke guys, don't worry. I'm stupid but not that stupid. I think it was great he did say those things to fire up the rivalry, and it was particularly great for me considering I support both teams.

Hey NZ 10c Warriors, good thing you are deluded, considering I have to correct you - again. I was pleased about the Tigers result and never inferred that it meant anything. I said it was a good result.
This result doesn't mean anything either. Learn to read.
I'm not the one that is sad :lol: you've been trolling the Eels for months, both in the Eels forum and here - it's no surprise you would be contorting other people's words to suit your own 'agenda'. Obvious troll is obvious.

Last edited:

mongoose

Coach
Eels...Sacked there coach who got them to a grand final 2 seasons ago. Then they go and buy Chris Walker, Carl Webb and Reni Maitua....they deserve the wooden spoon already.

boxhead

First Grade
Well most Eels fans aren't expecting anything this year, except that for the first time in years we will have passion and committment, something that even with talented rosters over the years we have lacked.

I think I can comfortably say that as long as they compete and play their hearts out, which is what Kearney seems to have brought to us, then I'll be happy, regardless of the results.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Well most Eels fans aren't expecting anything this year, except that for the first time in years we will have passion and committment, something that even with talented rosters over the years we have lacked.

I think I can comfortably say that as long as they compete and play their hearts out, which is what Kearney seems to have brought to us, then I'll be happy, regardless of the results.

well said. you could cut and paste paara for saints two years ago. I reckon there might be some similarites in on field results too.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
well said. you could cut and paste paara for saints two years ago. I reckon there might be some similarites in on field results too.

I agree. We are a very different team from what I have seen. We are playing a very similar style to Melbourne. We dont have the game breakers or the class in the halves that they do, but the structure and attitude was very similar. We wont challenge like Saints did in 09, but im certain we will compete in almost all games we play this year.

First thing I noticed was how we wrestled in the tackle, slowed the play the ball well.

For those curious, the trial against Penrith. None of the 30 points came from Jarryd Hayne. He did squat really. He didnt play playmaker, just caught the high balls and made a kick here or there. Couple of errors too. A very quiet game from him.

Flapper

First Grade
Eels...Sacked there coach who got them to a grand final 2 seasons ago. Then they go and buy Chris Walker, Carl Webb and Reni Maitua....they deserve the wooden spoon already.

I mean, put as succintly as this, it's a damn good point.

For those curious, the trial against Penrith. None of the 30 points came from Jarryd Hayne. He did squat really. He didnt play playmaker, just caught the high balls and made a kick here or there. Couple of errors too. A very quiet game from him.

He put up the bomb for a Horo try. I get your point though. I'm excited to see how Mitchell fares this season.