What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jennings

carcharias

Immortal
Gould must have read The Chris Anderson " how to win over the fans " book.

His white hair is gonna cop a hammering now.

Quigs

Immortal
The Rorters have a brilliant track record with players with "alleged" attitude problems.

How many spare NRL lifelines have we still got in the locker.

How to build a Club a Gus?

Lewis, Gordon and Jennings sent packing.

McKendry, etc. told to take favourable clauses out of their contracts during the offseason or else!

Season tickets must be at an all time high.....

Special K

Coach
Spesh k will be spewing... I don't get to eat the shit of joy out of his pants.
Not going to lie I am upset by this.

edit - how bad would it be trying to get people to join/renew membership at the Panthers

web

now picture that without Jennings...

vs what we have to work with

00031726-image.jpg

Granted they may do better but in terms of generating hype and buzz around membership... Gee it would be a tough sell. I'm guessing we might pick up a few young fans out west this year.

Last edited:
Uncle Nick must be happy that Agent Gould has come through for him.

Would be really interesting to know what Clubs interested in Jennings were prepared to pay of his contract?

What the Roosters are going to pay towards his contract?

That it took this far into the offseason for a deal to be done knowing that most Clubs wouldn't be able to accomodate him and Gould was adament that "Jennings isn't going anywhere......"

BJ Leilua was quickly shown the door for a "bad attitude" yet they are taking on an even more expensive player with a supposed "bad attitude"

Also the convenience that Mose Masoe was picked up from the Roosters to go to Penrith in the off season with not much fuss.

I reckon this has been brewing for quite awhile and the events above have all been spaced out to not draw attention and of course to limit other Clubs getting a chance at Jennings.

It stinks and Panthers fans should be absolutely seething with Goose Gould.

This was a nice Xmas Present for Uncle Nick.

Special K

Coach
I do not get the whole conspiracy theory here. Gould walked into a club that did not use 3 party payments so they were spending the full cap on players where as clubs like the Knights, Broncos, Roosters etc use 3rd party payments to help even out their squad.

Gould could not afford to pay Jennings 650k in their salary cap and he had to be punted. Nobody coughed up the cash Gould wanted besides the Dragons who the management of Jennings did not want him to go to. So the Panthers were stuck with Jennings and Jennings chucked a wobbly(rightfully so). This forced the Panthers to be more realistic in getting him off their books and they were able to send him to the Roosters who were able to give Jennings the 450k needed after the Panthers coughed up 200. That would not be 450k of salary cap it would be a mix of third party and salary cap for a club who just punted a fringe NSW player and Mose along with the salary cap rise. Clubs have known for months that if they could create the room they could have Jennings.

So please do tell me the conspiracy?

conspiracy_theorist.jpg

Last edited:

Windy70

Juniors
I do not get the whole conspiracy theory here. Gould walked into a club that did not use 3 party payments so they were spending the full cap on players where as clubs like the Knights, Broncos, Roosters etc use 3rd party payments to help even out their squad.

Gould could not afford to pay Jennings 650k in their salary cap and he had to be punted. Nobody coughed up the cash Gould wanted besides the Dragons who the management of Jennings did not want him to go to. So the Panthers were stuck with Jennings and Jennings chucked a wobbly(rightfully so). This forced the Panthers to be more realistic in getting him off their books and they were able to send him to the Roosters who were able to give Jennings the 450k needed after the Panthers coughed up 200. That would not be 450k of salary cap it would be a mix of third party and salary cap for a club who just punted a fringe NSW player and Mose along with the salary cap rise. Clubs have known for months that if they could create the room they could have Jennings.

So please do tell me the conspiracy?

conspiracy_theorist.jpg

Well said. No conspiracy here, just business. I watch this shit unravel all the time.

It's " Every day we're shuffling" .Would of loved to see him in our current crowd though. Such is life. He will be the only player to carve us up in the derby. Just because some wank pretending he is a reporter linked him to us.

Bring on the season, Itching for it.