What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jeremy Smith or Newton?

Chachi

Bench
Just heard on the ABC that Smith has extended with Melbourne (3 years?) and Newton was heading over to the ESL.

Noa

First Grade
Smart move by Jeremy Smith. Obvioulsy his fingers are gettin lonely. ;-)

Bobbin' Along

Juniors
I've never seen the guy play, but the Rovers fans who have are very excited about him signing. What kind of player is he, ie his main strengths and weaknesses?

philstorm

Juniors
No real major weaknesses, Bobbin.

As long as he plays in a good team with a good environment (like i've heard Hull KR have), he'll be an excellent player like he was for us.

Frederick

Staff member
philstorm said:
As long as he plays in a good team with a good environment
Bingo. Stick him in an average team, or injury riddled team, and he gets exposed for the average player he really is

philstorm

Juniors
Frederick said:
Bingo. Stick him in an average team, or injury riddled team, and he gets exposed for the average player he really is

Wasn't he the Knights' best player in 2005 - your wooden spoon year?

Frederick

Staff member
philstorm said:
Wasn't he the Knights' best player in 2005 - your wooden spoon year?
My arse he was our best player - Johns was. Newton was suspended for the first half of that year, and only started playing well when we started winning games

Lucas

Juniors
Frederick said:
My arse he was our best player - Johns was. Newton was suspended for the first half of that year, and only started playing well when we started winning games
Coke heads aren't included, sorry.

Newton > Johns whilst sober :)