What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jersey Changes?

Mr Saab

Referee
Pantherjim. said:
The Penrith Jersey, I've been told, will be staying the same next year. (Thank God... Can save another $170!)

Pantherjim.

i wouldnt worry. IMO it looks better when supporters turn up in ORIGINAL (not the retro ones you can buy)panthers jerseys like
* calphos
* radio 2KA
* dandah

same goes for all other clubs...pioneer, smiths crisps, ignus for souths...list goes on.

Pantherjim.

Referee
Charlie Saab said:
i wouldnt worry. IMO it looks better when supporters turn up in ORIGINAL (not the retro ones you can buy)panthers jerseys like
* calphos
* radio 2KA
* dandah

same goes for all other clubs...pioneer, smiths crisps, ignus for souths...list goes on.

Well, I would wear my 91' "Licqourice allsorts" with the Dahdah Uniforms sponsor, jersey to home and away games, except it now has Greg Alexander's signature on it. I want it to stay as immacculate as possible so that I can frame it someday.

Pantherjim.

Mr Saab

Referee
Pantherjim. said:
Well, I would wear my 91' "Licqourice allsorts" with the Dahdah Uniforms sponsor, jersey to home and away games, except it now has Greg Alexander's signature on it. I want it to stay as immacculate as possible so that I can frame it someday.

Pantherjim.

totally understand. I wouldnt wear that jersey at all with Brandys sig on it.
If i were you i would go out and buy a retro jersey instead of a 2005 version.

macavity

Referee
wezman, im pretty sure SOUTHS are the only team to play in their very original strip.

The Drags and Rooters both changed em fairly early on though.

skeepe, its still better than Red Rooter.... :-&

izzo

Juniors
I spoke to the people at Souths today and they will be keeping their home and away strips next year and sponsorships will be announced soon.

Knightmare

Coach
I have a Henny Penny Knights jersey and a BP one as well. I am really hoping that Newcastle revert to their retro style jersey next year, with the v-neck as well- that jersey was great!

twista

Juniors
yeah i was watchin that pizza hut dvd i rekon all the teams should go back to they late 80's era. obviously the newer teams cant but all the old skool jerseys look alot better then the new ones.

DIEHARD

----
I would love to see the Knights back in their old jersey full time. I love it. The current one never sat right with me, it just reminded me of the Adelaide Rams...

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
nospam49 said:
I think you'll find Penrith kept their last jersey four four years.

I also think you'll find fans were not upset to pay $160 for their latest jersey. Its one of the best jerseys you will find....even the sponsors logo fit in well.

Four? Are you sure about that? I swear they had that horrible SL crap on through to 01. That said I like the current one, the other colours are discreet, but on a negative note it makes you look like Wests Magpies. lol