What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jersey Flegg 2007 season

Bay53

Juniors
Not exactly sure about the qualifying but half of the Raiders reserves team yesterday have played the majority of Flegg.

If the Raiders PL were to get knocked out early, I would expect the Raiders Flegg will give it a real shake. We have beaten the top teams of Bulldogs, Penrith and Newcastle over the season.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
I really think the Eels are Smokies in this comp. They have some very good players and their halfback (Hodgkinson) is a very skillful leader. Also, with Nasso back in at hooker they seem to have found more direction.

Big Mick

Referee
roopy said:
Last year they had a fantastic squad of all rep players that came together in the pre season and they basically cruised through the year in second gear till a few other sides got up to their standards in the finals and the Knights thought they just had to show up on grandfinal day to win - and we know that didn't quite work out.

What a complete load of sh*te...you have absolutely no freaking clue.

Penrith beat you earlier in the year ... one of only two teams to do so...how the hell do u think they could just "turn up"

What a complete load of garbage.

If anything...you would have had incentive to turn up because we embarassed you on your home ground early in the season.

We were the better team...admit it for gods sake..

I suppose your saying Penrith arn't the best team this year right?...i mean we're only 7 point runaway minor premiers...of course Newcastle are the best team...geez i'm so sorry. Moron.

broncoFAN

Juniors
Big Mick © said:
What a complete load of sh*te...you have absolutely no freaking clue.

Penrith beat you earlier in the year ... one of only two teams to do so...how the hell do u think they could just "turn up"

What a complete load of garbage.

If anything...you would have had incentive to turn up because we embarassed you on your home ground early in the season.

We were the better team...admit it for gods sake..

I suppose your saying Penrith arn't the best team this year right?...i mean we're only 7 point runaway minor premiers...of course Newcastle are the best team...geez i'm so sorry. Moron.

couldnt of said it any better big mick.

Big Mick

Referee
oh but Newcastle has the sun that shines out of their arse...isn't it?

I thought their big strategy was resting their players mid-year for a charge to the finals.

Woops...guess they are not the great, all mighty team that some were making them out to be.

Raider_69

Post Whore
:lol: The knights flegg side got spanked, and that was after we showed up 30 minutes late

Next weeks Raiders V Penrith clash is going to an a corker! last time they played, it was very close with Sammit being the difference, is he playing Big Mick?

Winner of this game will win the comp imo... Canberra will go into this one as massive under dogs, that Penrith flegg side is top shelf, we'll have to be at our very best to beat em

I am really worried for penrith this week against canberra!
Penrith are the best team in the comp though they are not the sure bets everyone seems to think they are. Canberra is the only side all year to have given it to Penrith winning 26-6 or something like that earlier in the year.
To prove that wasnt just a fluke canberra also pulled our pants down in a trial match in pre season and nearly did the same thing last time they played. I think canberra were up something like 22-6 at half time and penrith came back to beat them 22-28.
Either way its going to be one hell of a game!
And i am pretty sure sammut will be back this week.

lovethesharks

Juniors
Great weekend of Flegg coming up. The best 4 sides all year are alive and kicking. The Eels face their bogie team the Bulldogs, who will be very hard to beat. Penrith will start favourites against the Raiders, but I really think the Raiders are a massive smokie. I think the panthers as great as they are may be playing them at a bad time. They have played 1 game in 3 weeks and all results recently have come easy. The Raiders can win that game. The dogs are also a great team. But I think the eels may push them this time.......GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!!!!!!

Big Mick

Referee
Raider...I believe Sammut will play...

With his first grade experience under his belt...will benefit him and the whole team.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Hmm Newcastle is gone. The star studded side got hammered yesterday haha.

As for the last four teams, any of them can win it IMO. Parra vs Dogs is a very even contest and Penrith will start slight favourites over the Raiders.

Im going to pick Parra and Penrith. However, it could well be the Dogs vs Raiders in the final.

Great competition this year!

Raider_69

Post Whore
Big Mick © said:
Raider...I believe Sammut will play...

With his first grade experience under his belt...will benefit him and the whole team.

he was the one that got them over us last time, we were up by 18 at half time, the prick scored 4 second half trys to win em the game, if we can control Sammut, it'll go along way toward a Raiders victory, easier said then done... we're short our best play maker also, with McCrone being ruled ineligable. Mick Picker has been stepping up to the mark and will have to take it up another notch again this week

Canberra's danger men are Justin Carney and Kose Lelei
Penrith's danger men are Jarrod Sammut and Jesph Poalo (spelling?)

Going to be a cracking game, any of you lads heading out to it?

broncoFAN

Juniors
roopy's gone MIA? what a suprise
or he's realised newcastle are useless and has gone to //wrists
and raider69 u missed out greg waddel, wade graham and masafa iosefa. if those 3 players have good games penrith will win by a fair margin.

Raider_69

Post Whore
broncoFAN said:
and raider69 u missed out greg waddel, wade graham and masafa iosefa. if those 3 players have good games penrith will win by a fair margin.

Greg Waddell is a top talent but i havnt seen him at this level yet, so i cant ocmment
Graham and Iosefa are also danger men but i think the key to beating penrith is shutting down Paulo and Sammut.

roopy

Referee
broncoFAN said:
sorry - been at work.
A 15-3 penalty count killed Newcastle.
The usual Flegg ref responce to a dominant forward pack - blow them off the park and try to turn it into a game of touch.
I suppose it is a reasonable thing that kids should be protected while playing juniors - but watching the strong forward packs from Newcastle over the last few years having to fight against 2:1, 3:1 and in the case of this game 5:1 penalty counts can be disheartening.

Anyway - not a worry - the 'protected' kids in other teams will never make the seniors - and every member except two of last years Knights Flegg grandfinal team has played seniors this year - and 6 of them have played firstgrade.
This year's Newcastle side lacked quality halves and maybe the backs weren't as good as last year - but we again had a forward pack that will just about all go on to make careers in the seniors, where big hits will get a clap from the crowd rather than a whistle from the ref.