What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jersey this week?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I'm hearing murmurs you'll be wearing that "1947" heritage strip against Saints.

Confirm/deny?

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I keep hearing it, nothing confirmed from Parramatta, would be interesting though.

I also heard the Dragons are playing in their usual Illawarra strips, not really retro since they wear that strip half the time

eelz47

Coach
isnt it suppose to be 60s week???

i know they have a max of one retro strip per year, but they havent seamed to advertise it yet again

eelaholic

First Grade
i thought you were only allowed to wear 1 promotional/reto etc jersey per year (1 game that is)

PJ Marshal

Coach
hopefully our jerseys get lost and we can wear the huddersfield strip again or was it widnes vikings?

eelz47

Coach
PJ Marshal said:
hopefully our jerseys get lost and we can wear the huddersfield strip again or was it widnes vikings?

hey dude, didnt somebody scribble all over your 47 strip?

PARRA_FAN

Coach
eelaholic said:
i thought you were only allowed to wear 1 promotional/reto etc jersey per year (1 game that is)

that didnt stop Penrith wearing two last year.

one was to celebrate their 40 years, the other was 60s week.

Parramatta has worn 5 retro jumpers

2002 against the Roosters, they wore a "Legends" jersey which was the 60s strip
2004 against Penrith, wore the 80s jumper, one that was used from 1980-85
2005 against Dragons, wore the 70s jumper, similar to the 80s one in 04
2006 against Dragons, wore the 1986 jumper.
2007 against Canberra, wore the original 1947 jumper, celebrating 60 years

there's also that crappy M and M's jumper in 1997 against Manly.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Dunno where you heard about the Saints wearing anything but the red vee - they have an edict saying it's red vee til the end of the season.

goboggo

Juniors
PARRA_FAN said:
2005 against Dragons, wore the 70s jumper, similar to the 80s one in 04

With the big numbers, right? That was the best one, anyone know if it can still be bought anywhere?

I like that one, and the original one that you see being sold with 'Legends' signatures - the all blue with thick yellow strips running across. Kinda Rugby like, but I like it.